Remove this ad

Stamos

#481 [url]

May 23 17 7:24 AM

Kevon wrote:
The problem is terrorists will probably not do the same thing twice. Like at airports, the security increased so the typical terrorist adapts and finds somewhere else with weak security. Then they attack, the place they attack adapts but so do they. The next terror attack will not be at another concert venue, I doubt. They'll find somewhere else which hasn't adapted yet.

If there's a big crowd, then there needs to be security. We seem to be too reactive, waiting until something happens before we tighten the security. As long as we are still doing that, then a terrorists will always find a way. Of course there's a resourcing problem, but for an event this big there should always be something.

The problem is that they don't really have a pattern. They may or not repeat a similar act. They may or not have a plan even.
So many lonely wolf attacks lately, with people being ran over by cars/trucks, you really can't tell when or how it's coming.
Everything is so unpredictable it's crazy.
Having said that, we cannot, or at best, must try not to live in fear (although probably inevitable), because that's exactly what they want us to do. 

~~MCinGR  for the nostalgia ~~

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

carlos b fly

Administrator

#482 [url]

May 23 17 7:36 AM

Kevon wrote:
The problem is terrorists will probably not do the same thing twice. 

This isn't technically true. Someone attempted to plant a bomb outside a European football stadium in 2015 and of course, there were the horrific attacks on the Batticlan. Even if the method of attack differs (guns or explosives), terrorists are launching attacks inside or outside venues during large entertainment events. The problem is not knowing the current MO, its how to defend against it.   

Quote    Reply   

Stamos

#483 [url]

May 23 17 7:55 AM

Apparently they arrested a 23 yr old in connection with the attack and ISIS claimed responsibility...
Probably another case of recruited, home grown, terrorist.
It pisses me off.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#484 [url]

May 23 17 8:31 AM

Stamos wrote:
Apparently they arrested a 23 yr old in connection with the attack and ISIS claimed responsibility...

The north is becoming a real hotbed for this. Leeds is notorious, its dripping in radicals. I won't be shocked if the people that attacked Manchester have links to Leeds. 

Quote    Reply   

Stamos

#485 [url]

May 23 17 8:54 AM

carlos b fly wrote:
Stamos wrote:

The north is becoming a real hotbed for this. Leeds is notorious, its dripping in radicals. I won't be shocked if the people that attacked Manchester have links to Leeds. 

It's crazy, seriously.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#486 [url]

May 23 17 8:56 AM

Every time anything happens, ISIS claims responsibility. It's like free advertisement for them. Even if they had nothing to do with it they will still say it did for the publicity.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

Stamos

#487 [url]

May 23 17 9:13 AM

Kevon wrote:
Every time anything happens, ISIS claims responsibility. It's like free advertisement for them. Even if they had nothing to do with it they will still say it did for the publicity.

Have they ever claimed responsibility for something they weren't behind, directly or indirectly? 
I doubt the press wants to give them more coverage, as a matter of fact, I think they avoid it as much as they can. 
For example the Orlando shooter pledged allegiance to ISIS, but they didn't say that they were behind that attack. 
They only glorified his act after he took the decision to do it.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock
and we'll melt your popsicle

#489 [url]

May 23 17 5:44 PM

It is better to postpone the tour or cancel it at least until investigation determines whether this Ariana concert attack was a random choice, in the sense that it was a crowd so it was a good target, or if it was chosen because almost all her songs are about sex and the crowd was full of children. I was shocked that one of the victms was 8 years old and she was probably singing along to Side To Side and Everyday.

Quote    Reply   

Gospelartist03

#490 [url]

May 23 17 6:01 PM

This is so sad At that tween age group musis is everything! and to think innocent kids going to see their favorite for the time of their life and face this! The videos floating around are bone chilling.
and for Arianna I would think she would at least need some time before continuing i cant imagine the kind of nerves and fear shed be under going on stage again-

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#491 [url]

May 23 17 7:03 PM

Gospelartist03 wrote:

and for Arianna I would think she would at least need some time before continuing i cant imagine the kind of nerves and fear shed be under going on stage again-

While I don't think she'll retire or anything like that, the awful guilt of it all must be unbearable. She'll always have that "if I didn't perform that night" thing in her head. Not remotely her fault but a terrible emotional burden for any artist to endure. I know it would eat at me if I were her smiley: frown smiley: frown

Quote    Reply   

#492 [url]

May 24 17 6:49 AM

A huge lamb called Martyn Hett was one of the people killed in the attack. He had a big twitter following and had often written stuff about Mariah for blogs and articles.

By Martyn Hett on 15 May, 2013

It’s often said that every gay has their favourite diva, and I am no exception to this rule. My obsession with Mariah Carey reached its peak in 2012 when I camped outside her hotel for 5 hours and got her to sign a home-made t-shirt. She noticed I’d made it myself, told me she loved it, signed it and told me I was very sweet.

I was left hyperventilating and crying on a nearby pavement, so badly that a car actually stopped to ask what was going on. But far too often I find myself having to explain to people WHY she is so amazing. Yes there’s the 5 octave vocal range, yes there’s the 13 albums worth of incredible songs she’s written… but most of all, I love her because she is MARIAH.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#493 [url]

May 24 17 7:07 AM

^I actually missed this post and had just posted about it in the General Mariah Chat thread. So sad. He was friends with our own FOMM veteran Scotty Lvs Mariah

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#494 [url]

May 24 17 11:31 AM

mimifan09 wrote:
A huge lamb called Martyn Hett was one of the people killed in the attack. He had a big twitter following and had often written stuff about Mariah for blogs and articles.

By Martyn Hett on 15 May, 2013

It’s often said that every gay has their favourite diva, and I am no exception to this rule. My obsession with Mariah Carey reached its peak in 2012 when I camped outside her hotel for 5 hours and got her to sign a home-made t-shirt. She noticed I’d made it myself, told me she loved it, signed it and told me I was very sweet.

I was left hyperventilating and crying on a nearby pavement, so badly that a car actually stopped to ask what was going on. But far too often I find myself having to explain to people WHY she is so amazing. Yes there’s the 5 octave vocal range, yes there’s the 13 albums worth of incredible songs she’s written… but most of all, I love her because she is MARIAH.

Poor guy smiley: frown He must have been down at the Dorchester then just before Triumphant. I don't recall speaking to him (my memory is appalling with people) but its sad to think a true lamb was lost in this tragedy as well. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help