Remove this ad

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#461 [url]

Jan 23 17 6:00 PM

I think the lambs who "found this" must have a negative view of MC if they attributed that to her. A reach.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

carlos b fly

Administrator

#462 [url]

Jan 23 17 6:36 PM

Vincent wrote:
I think the lambs who "found this" must have a negative view of MC if they attributed that to her. A reach.

Mariah fans trying to desperately find a fight with a younger female artist? Never smiley: laugh

Quote    Reply   

#464 [url]

Jan 23 17 7:27 PM

Meanwhile, a few days ago Ariana posted a picture of herself with the caption "When you're cute but the hardest working 23 year-old alive".

Don't worry, she's already been dragged to hell and back

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#465 [url]

Jan 24 17 5:21 AM

"when you think you're cute and hardworking but you're actually arrogant and delusional" - yeah she be getting dragged

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#470 [url]

May 23 17 1:21 AM

So scary. That's where I move to next month. 3 of my friends were at that concert, but they're safe. I was so worried when I woke up.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#471 [url]

May 23 17 2:30 AM

Think/say what you will about her but I actually really feel for her right now.

Those poor kids who just wanted to have the night of their young lives and it ends up being their last. Such madness.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#472 [url]

May 23 17 4:33 AM

22 dead. 59 injured. The biggest attack Manchester has ever seen and the largest one in the UK in 10 years.

My friends were there. They were heading to the area of the explosion when it happened. They had to all turn and run. It was weird seeing the group chat where they're like "Think it was a confetti machine or something. I did see a trail of blood but assume it's just injuries from folk getting trampled by the panic" obviously at the time not realising the extent of it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-40010124

The video of the moment the explosion went off is harrowing. I feel bad for Ariana but at least she is safe. My friend who lives there said there are about 60 kids without their guardians at one of the hotels.

Quote    Reply   

#473 [url]

May 23 17 4:51 AM

^ The whole thing is horrendous. I know the reports are suggesting the bomb went off in the public area of the venue so the bomber wouldn't have been searched by any security. But I saw Mariah in that arena last year and I was shocked at how relaxed it was. I wasn't searched by anyone. Walked straight in. Ticket was scanned at that was it. I was sure after the Paris attacks that they would be far more vigilant.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#474 [url]

May 23 17 6:11 AM

ShayneFly wrote:

Those poor kids who just wanted to have the night of their young lives and it ends up being their last. Such madness.

It must be any artists ultimate nightmare. The sheer guilt you'd feel (even thought its not your fault) to know innocent kids are now dead. Horrifying.  

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#475 [url]

May 23 17 6:14 AM

mimifan09 wrote:
I was sure after the Paris attacks that they would be far more vigilant.

I'm surprised something like this didn't happen sooner actually, after the attack on Paris delivered such a large bodycount. While Europe remains docile and vulnerable, such simple measures that can inflict such horror and death are grossly easy forms of attack.  

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#476 [url]

May 23 17 6:23 AM

Understandably she has postponed her tour indefinitely. I can't imagine how it will feel to resume it. I'd imagine there won't be many parents who would be willing to let their kids go to hers or probably any other large concert after this, certainly in the UK anyway.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#477 [url]

May 23 17 6:46 AM

Kevon wrote:
 I'd imagine there won't be many parents who would be willing to let their kids go to hers or probably any other large concert after this, certainly in the UK anyway.

Unfortunately, yes. I won't lie, I've suspected this was coming (not even just in the UK, just somewhere in Europe). I was at an Ed Sheeran concert just a few weeks ago and it crossed my mind to be aware and prepared that something like this could happen (like literally, I map my escape route). A horrible reality to face for anyone going.

We're going to need to get a lot tougher if we're going to prevent kids being blown to pieces. 

Quote    Reply   

#478 [url]

May 23 17 6:54 AM

^ Yeah, everytime I attend a concert or any event where large groups are gathered, I feel like an attack is so likely now. But that was a reality well over a year ago after what happened in Paris. I've just heard someone on Sky News talk about the lack of security upon entry last night too. They will have to start implementing more airport type security checks at venues where large groups are gathered. It's ridiculous to not take these precautions after everything that has already happened.

It might not prevent another terrorist attack like this happening again but at least it will show vigilance and will let people continue to live their lives freely but with some feeling of security.

Quote    Reply   

Stamos

#479 [url]

May 23 17 7:16 AM

carlos b fly wrote:
ShayneFly wrote:

It must be any artists ultimate nightmare. The sheer guilt you'd feel (even thought its not your fault) to know innocent kids are now dead. Horrifying.  

I know, it's horrible just thinking about it. 

~~MCinGR  for the nostalgia ~~

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#480 [url]

May 23 17 7:16 AM

The problem is terrorists will probably not do the same thing twice. Like at airports, the security increased so the typical terrorist adapts and finds somewhere else with weak security. Then they attack, the place they attack adapts but so do they. The next terror attack will not be at another concert venue, I doubt. They'll find somewhere else which hasn't adapted yet.

If there's a big crowd, then there needs to be security. We seem to be too reactive, waiting until something happens before we tighten the security. As long as we are still doing that, then a terrorists will always find a way. Of course there's a resourcing problem, but for an event this big there should always be something.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help