Remove this ad

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#361 [url]

Aug 5 16 11:19 AM

Ariana can have a pretty voice, though her lack of diction is off-putting. Still my favorite songs of hers are songs like "Moonlight," "Tattooed Heart," and "Honeymoon Avenue." They have an older/timeless quality to them that works well with her voice.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#362 [url]

Aug 5 16 12:04 PM

Ariana sounds amazing in that acapella. She has a really pretty tone and sings properly. IMO she sounds a bit like Leona, but I actually think I prefer Ariana's voice (and music).

Xtina must be the most overrated singer of all time. I don't understand how she gets so much praise as a singer when she's had so many terrible performances throughout her career (even from the beginning). The only part of her voice that still sounds good is her head voice.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#363 [url]

Aug 5 16 1:28 PM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
Ariana can have a pretty voice, though her lack of diction is off-putting.

It is and I don't know if she's ever gonna shift it either. I'm convinced her breathing has something to do with it. Did you notice in that video the number of very audible gasps she took inbetween each line? Now I know breathing and its control is vital to singing but hers has always seemed quite extreme.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#365 [url]

Aug 6 16 10:13 AM

Gospelartist03 wrote:
speaking of how she stacks vocally to the greats...

I thought she did great on HWIK but she showed her short comings on QOTN

Yes, I really enjoyed her HWIK but QOTN was limp. I don't think she has the personality or bite to pull that song off well.

Quote    Reply   

rooney1905

#366 [url]

Aug 6 16 12:25 PM

What show was that? Did I miss a Whitney tribute or something at recent award show? She is a good singer but it is virtually impossible to stack up to Whitney or Mariah from the 90s. They literally did everything to perfection vocally. Runs, belting, phrasing, emoting, range. She does some of these things too but she is also one of the most boring pop stars. She doesn't have that intangible x-factor. Someone like britney who is no vocalist still has that x-factor about her. I still bop to Into You though.

Quote    Reply   

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#368 [url]

Aug 6 16 4:57 PM

It was a series of like 6 episodes focusing on hits from 1980-2010. They went through 5 year periods the first 5 episodes and then did a 2 hour finale for the entire time period. Ariana performed a Whitney medley for it.

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#369 [url]

Aug 29 16 7:20 AM

Ariana's choreograoher is so petty Why would they make her start her performance on a cyclette knowing that she has no breath control to begin with

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#370 [url]

Sep 3 16 5:43 AM

Sleep sleep and a J.Lo mess at some points.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#372 [url]

Sep 3 16 10:23 AM

mcfan wrote:

You have to admit, it is better than her usual attempts. Hasn't she released 14 straight videos of her wearing various animal ears, a leotard, and rolling around in a bed?

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#374 [url]

Sep 6 16 7:27 PM

charmbracelet87 wrote:
mcfan wrote:

You have to admit, it is better than her usual attempts.

Excluding Into You I must assume, which is a mega bop of all proportions.

*claps Mario to the dancefloor*

Last Edited By: carlos b fly Sep 6 16 7:31 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#375 [url]

Sep 6 16 7:43 PM

Even I must admit, "Into You" is indeed a bop. Though, I am not sure how much of that should be credited to the Mariah thievery :P Kidding, but no thanks to Macchiato for it's goodness, her vocal is standard and generic.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   

#376 [url]

Sep 14 16 8:12 PM

Interesting tidbit about Miss Ariana from Naya Rivera's new book:

Naya Rivera can’t stop, won’t stop, spilling tea in her new memoir, Sorry Not Sorry.

In a recently released excerpt from the book, the former “Glee” star revealed that she once caught Ariana Grande at home with her former fiancé, Big Sean, while they were still together.

Before we delve into the details, here’s a quick recap: Rivera and Big Sean got engaged in October 2013, but went through a messy public split in April 2014. In October 2014, the rapper and Grande confirmed they were dating, but after about eight months together, they called it quits.

According to Rivera, though, the “Side to Side” singer and hip-hop artist’s romance may have been blooming while she and Big Sean were still together.

Here’s how it all went down:

Like all relationships, Rivera and Big Sean had their arguments.

“We’d been fighting for five straight days while he was traveling, and then on the one day that he was back in L.A., he said he didn’t want to see me,” she wrote in her book. “Well, a**hole, I’ve got a key to your house.”

When she got to the rapper’s house, she wasn’t impressed with what she saw.

“I walk in, go downstairs, and guess what little girl is sitting cross-legged on the couch listening to music?…” she wrote. “It rhymes with ‘Smariana Schmande.’”

Rivera also details the moment she found out about her breakup from Big Sean. Let’s just say, it was less than ideal.

“I learned that I was no longer getting married from the internet, and at the same time as the rest of the world,” she said. “Not only were we no longer getting married, but apparently we weren’t even together anymore.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/naya-rivera-claims-she-caught-ariana-grande-at-big-seans-house-when-they-were-still-engaged_us_57d940c2e4b09d7a6880991b

[USERNAME REMOVED BY REQUEST] wrote:
Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

Quote    Reply   

breakbreakdown

#380 [url]

Sep 25 16 9:49 PM

How is Side to Side doing ? And Into You, flopped?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help