Remove this ad

mcfan

#Beautiful

#881 [url]

May 13 17 10:42 AM

Kevon wrote:
Yeah this stolen choreography thing has been known for years
Nothing was stolen. It's called a hommage. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

breakbreakdown

#882 [url]

May 13 17 12:26 PM

True. Pharrell and Robin Thicke paid a similar homage to Marvin Gaye a couple of years ago. Same did JLo to Mariah and Usher. And Gaga to Madonna. Gotta love all this praise.

Quote    Reply   

hottiecasanova

"You think that's sexy? With the Rocket Pop's outside you?"

#884 [url]

May 13 17 8:04 PM

mcfan wrote:
Girl gone. You TRIED it to capacity.

I love you, but STFU STFU STFU. Your idol is a damn thief. Try a new spin on it it like mine is the best thief smiley: winksmiley: winksmiley: wink or sth, but stfu with your stupid ass !%%!.

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#885 [url]

May 13 17 8:10 PM

hottiecasanova wrote:
mcfan wrote:
Girl gone. You TRIED it to capacity.

I love you, but STFU STFU STFU. Your idol is a damn thief. Try a new spin on it it like mine is the best thief smiley: winksmiley: winksmiley: wink or sth, but stfu with your stupid ass !%%!.

Simmer down sir. You can have a seat right next to whoever started rehashing sh*t from almost a decade ago just to be a hating ass betch. 

Who does that? So immature. 

Quote    Reply   

breakbreakdown

#886 [url]

May 13 17 8:47 PM

I have to admit I didn't know about the stolen choreography saga, mea culpa. I'm not up-to-date when it comes to Beyoncé, I apologize.

I saw the original choreography on a meme (funny one) and then when I saw the recent article about it, I shared it here. I wanted to start a healthy/valuable discussion, not a stan fight.

However, I really cannot take the blame for the delusional behavior of the Beyhive or any other Beyoncé stan from this board. I didn't think she or any other stan would be this offended - specially if the controversy was this old. If everyone already knows about it, let's move on to other more important stuff, like which Mariah Carey album are we.

Last Edited By: breakbreakdown May 13 17 8:49 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#887 [url]

May 14 17 8:36 AM

Yes you WILL take the blame. I knew exactly where this was going.. y'all stir and stir the pot and then wanna cry foul when people clock the tea. Miss me with that bullsh*t.

Who goes around resurrecting threads just to start unnecessary sh*t? That's so childish and the worst kind of petty. Own up to it and move on.

Quote    Reply   

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#889 [url]

May 14 17 11:18 AM

Umm, Robbing Thicke stole from Marvin Gaye, got accused, and tried to pretend like he didn't.

Beyoncé liked this choreography and put a spin on it to pay homage and explained it in interviews when the video was released.

Saying this is the same or that she stole it is like saying Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga are planning a theft of the film A Star is Born or that Mariah stole "Pure Imagination."

Artists pay homage and remake things all the time. Get over it.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   

breakbreakdown

#890 [url]

May 14 17 12:08 PM

mcfan wrote:
Yes you WILL take the blame. I knew exactly where this was going.. y'all stir and stir the pot and then wanna cry foul when people clock the tea. Miss me with that bullsh*t.

Who goes around resurrecting threads just to start unnecessary sh*t? That's so childish and the worst kind of petty. Own up to it and move on.

No, I won't, end of story.

And whatever stuff you address to me you will do it nicely, ok? I don't know you and AGAIN I don't have to take the blame for something you started: trying to read me like you were some sort of witch and I was the b!tch .

I'm in a Mariah Carey board, if I want to call Beyoncé or any other artist out for their questionable business practices, I will and it's not you that it's going to stop me. That's what I did with my post and I did it respectfully - plus the article I quoted is a recent one. Is the controversy 9 years old? My bad, let's move on. I really don't care if you saw it as a bait, or if it triggered your hysterical Napoleon complex issues. If you wanna do your fake ass guetto impersonation of a delusional offended stan it's up to you, not me.

I will not reply to this issue anymore unless a moderator asks me to. Ok, thanks, bye.

Last Edited By: breakbreakdown May 14 17 12:26 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

breakbreakdown

#891 [url]

May 14 17 12:14 PM

Vincent wrote:
Umm, Robbing Thicke stole from Marvin Gaye, got accused, and tried to pretend like he didn't.

Beyoncé liked this choreography and put a spin on it to pay homage and explained it in interviews when the video was released.

Saying this is the same or that she stole it is like saying Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga are planning a theft of the film A Star is Born or that Mariah stole "Pure Imagination."

Artists pay homage and remake things all the time. Get over it.

Actually this makes me wonder if choreography has any sort of copyrights ? I mean, no one would say Destiny's Child plagiarized Michael Jackson dance moves in the Bootylicious video. And it was clearly seen as a homage. In the Single Ladies situation, I'd say the majority of the choreography takes from the existing one, that's why I find it hard to see it as an inspiration. Again, it all comes to the point if choreographies have copyrights like samples/melodies/lyrics.

Quote    Reply   

Vincent

#892 [url]

May 14 17 12:37 PM

She reproduced the choreography.

I imagine they don't have copyrights, or you'd see an awful lot of lawsuits flying around about such "thefts."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   

Stamos

#893 [url]

May 14 17 12:43 PM

Wasn't Mariah's choreography barn dance in #Beautiful inspired by some old movie too? I didn't see anyone making a big deal out of it  

Besides, it's one thing to steal a melody and another to use some sort of performance you see fit...
Had she taken credit for it, then yes it could've been some sort of scandal. She didn't though.
Let's not. 

~~MCinGR  for the nostalgia ~~

Quote    Reply   

breakbreakdown

#895 [url]

May 14 17 1:01 PM

Vincent wrote:
She reproduced the choreography.

I imagine they don't have copyrights, or you'd see an awful lot of lawsuits flying around about such "thefts."

Seriously speaking, how is a choreography less worthy than a melody? Artistically speaking? If you're right, there's no point in discussing this, but I find it weird... Anyway, Single Ladies video has become an iconic video and I'm glad she reproduced the choreography.

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#897 [url]

May 14 17 1:29 PM

breakbreakdown wrote:
mcfan wrote:

No, I won't, end of story.

And whatever stuff you address to me you will do it nicely, ok? I don't know you and AGAIN I don't have to take the blame for something you started: trying to read me like you were some sort of witch and I was the b!tch laugh.gif.

I'm in a Mariah Carey board, if I want to call Beyoncé or any other artist out for their questionable business practices, I will and it's not you that it's going to stop me. That's what I did with my post and I did it respectfully - plus the article I quoted is a recent one. Is the controversy 9 years old? My bad, let's move on. I really don't care if you saw it as a bait, or if it triggered your hysterical Napoleon complex issues. If you wanna do your fake ass guetto impersonation of a delusional offended stan it's up to you, not me.
You're the one who dragged this thread back after nobody had posted in it for weeks to intentionally start sh*t. You're clearly delusional and when I clocked your lil game you started playing the victim. Typical. 

I will not reply to this issue anymore unless a moderator asks me to. Ok, thanks, bye.

Good. BE GONE. 

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#898 [url]

May 14 17 1:31 PM

Stamos wrote:
Wasn't Mariah's choreography barn dance in #Beautiful inspired by some old movie too? I didn't see anyone making a big deal out of it laugh.gif 
The gerls like to play selective memory then act surprised when somebody gets them all the way together. smiley: grin

Quote    Reply   

Vincent

#899 [url]

May 14 17 1:58 PM

breakbreakdown wrote:
^ Like she did with the Billboard Music Awards' performance in 2011? Ok, I'll stop

I'm unfamiliar with Beyoncé making a statement that said, "I invented the idea for this performance all on my own."

Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   

breakbreakdown

#900 [url]

May 14 17 2:01 PM

It's funny, the only situation I remembered about Beyoncé being accused of stealing choreographies was in 2011. And now I've got to know the Single Ladies' controversy which I didn't know about. I did some research about other accusations and I came across with these ones. I'm in shock:

Hold up http://www.idolator.com/7631901/beyonce-steals-video-hold-up-lemonade-pipilotti-rist

Countdown https://www.google.pt/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/lifestyle/style/beyonce-countdown-video-and-the-art-of-stealing/2011/11/15/gIQAj0WbYN_story.html

Formation Tour http://mobi.perezhilton.com/2016-04-29-beyonce-dancer-marlyn-ortiz-steal-choreography-formation-world-tour-instagram-video#.WRiaMDz3aEc

I thought she was mainly know for stealing writing credits. She's really a business shark and it's impressive that years after years her reputation doesn't take a toll. I'm amazed. She really has a great PR team. I wish Mariah had one like Beyoncé's.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help