Remove this ad

carlos b fly

Administrator

#861 [url]

Feb 13 17 9:02 PM

nizarnoor wrote:
 But let's not undermine 25's impact (especially its massive commercial success) that pretty much revived the music industry.

He didn't in fairness. He was very clear in saying 25 was clearly the most successful album of the year and a song from it was the most popular as well.

Last Edited By: carlos b fly Feb 13 17 9:10 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#862 [url]

Feb 13 17 9:26 PM

I don't see how it revived the industry. Did it help someone else sell millions of copies? lol

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#864 [url]

Feb 14 17 6:58 AM

To me, I don't care about videos, or visual elements, I buy an album to listen to the music, and the Grammys is supposed to be a music awards show, so it is absolutely what an album should be judged on, in my opinion

I don't think any of the albums nominated deserved to win but that's a bigger discussion about how I think the Grammys are a joke anyway

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#865 [url]

Feb 14 17 7:11 AM

Kevon wrote:
To me, I don't care about videos, or visual elements, I buy an album to listen to the music, and the Grammys is supposed to be a music awards show, so it is absolutely what an album should be judged on, in my opinion

A fair enough point. If you don't view it like that, it also means an album could have an advantage over others not for their music quality but some kind of potential gimmick.

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#866 [url]

Feb 14 17 11:09 AM

Kevon wrote:
mcfan wrote:
Kevon wrote:

None of these comments had anything to do with Adele. I can understand the (valid) point about the lack of support for black women in the Grammys in general, but to make an assumption that people thought because Beyonce's performance was pretentious is somehow due to racist undertones from these posters is ridiculous. You can't go making those implications just because you're salty about who won.

I just wrote that because I had seen praise for Adele's performance, I didn't even realise these weren't the same posters. It was in the heat of the moment and no, the assumption wasn't racism.
Well you singled out quotes of posts by multiple posters, and then referenced Adele being white. Nevermind the fact that their comments had nothing to do with Adele, even if those posters did praise the Adele performance in her thread I still fail to see how you would be justified referencing her race in relation to their opinions.

These situations would be dissolved if you just admit that what you said may have been interpreted that way even if it wasn't your intent and then we can move on. Rather than "I SAID WHAT I SAID". When it's an actual serious topic, RHOA quotes aren't appropriate.
He said he didn't believe me, so? I can't actually change his mind..

Quote    Reply   

#869 [url]

Feb 14 17 12:28 PM

Btw, I looovvee the new DJ Khaled-Beyonce song "Shining". Beyonce's delivery is killer and the hook is hot. 

Please give Mariah something as cool as this DJ Khaled!

Last Edited By: jamiclever Feb 14 17 1:11 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

Stamos

#870 [url]

Feb 14 17 2:29 PM

It's a nice song, but I don't like the way she sings on it too much.
I'm here for Jay Z's rap though!

~~MCinGR  for the nostalgia ~~

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Vincent

#871 [url]

Feb 14 17 7:05 PM

Kevon wrote:

I don't think any of the albums nominated deserved to win but that's a bigger discussion about how I think the Grammys are a joke anyway

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but my point is: Is that an actual rule? Even if it is, who can really enforce it? Who really knows what a voter is considering when voting?

I mean, 1989 won and while its a fun pop album... cmon, don't tell me her commercial success and etc. weren't a factor, just as with Adele's.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   

#872 [url]

Feb 14 17 7:06 PM

You know the Grammys are a joke and Beyonce a little bit overrated when "Single Ladies" won "Song of the Year". I mean, really? I'm not talking about "Record of The Year", but "Song of The Year", a songwriter award. I mean, c'mon!

Quote    Reply   

Vincent

#873 [url]

Feb 14 17 7:07 PM

Goathi wrote:
You know the Grammys are a joke and Beyonce a little bit overrated when "Single Ladies" won "Song of the Year". I mean, really? I'm not talking about "Record of The Year", but "Song of The Year", a songwriter award. I mean, c'mon!

Yeah, that made no sense. It's her only general category win.

Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   

#874 [url]

Feb 14 17 7:14 PM

Vincent wrote:
Goathi wrote:

Yeah, that made no sense. It's her only general category win.

Yeah. By the way, "Halo" was much more deserving of this award but it was only nominated for "Record of The Year" (and lost it BTW).

Quote    Reply   

Vincent

#875 [url]

Feb 14 17 7:21 PM

Agreed. But, guaranteed, had they flipped the submissions and Halo was nominated for Song and Single Ladies for record, then Single Ladies would've won record and Halo lost song.

Why? Because Single Ladies was a bigger hit. The nominations for both categories were exactly the same that year except for Maxwell getting a song nod and BEP getting record.

Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#879 [url]

May 13 17 6:02 AM

So cute of you to talk about things that happened 9 years ago, but Beyoncé and her team specifically said Bob Fosse was the main inspiration behind the "Single Ladies" choreography.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#880 [url]

May 13 17 9:44 AM

Yeah this stolen choreography thing has been known for years

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help