Remove this ad

mcfan

#Beautiful

#41 [url]

Dec 23 15 10:17 PM

Kevon wrote:
mcfan wrote:

Hope you ain't allergic to bee stings. Cause they comin'..

bee+mania_1432988265.jpg

laugh.gif

"Shee' what had happened wush..." smiley: laugh
"Your career was cute while it lasted"

#iconic

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

mcfan

#Beautiful

#44 [url]

Dec 30 15 10:02 PM

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/6828205/beyonce-dangerously-in-love-surpasses-5-million-sold-us

Beyoncé's debut solo album Dangerously In Love has now sold more than 5 million copies in the U.S., according to Nielsen Music.

The effort, released in 2003, sold just over 2,000 copies in the week ending Dec. 24, bringing its cumulative total across the 5 million mark. It remains Beyoncés best-selling solo effort.

Dangerously In Love opened at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart and was the first of so-far five No. 1 albums for the diva. All of her full-length studio efforts have reached the top slot, and all of them have sold at least a million copies: B'Day (released in 2006, 3.41 million sold), I Am Sasha Fierce (2008, 3.2 million), 4 (2011, 1.5 million) and her self-titled album (2013; 2.3 million). So far, Beyoncé has sold 16 million solo albums in the U.S.

In addition, Beyonce has visited the top of the Billboard 200 and sold millions as part of Destinys Child. The group notched two No. 1s with Survivor and the greatest hits collection #1s. Destinys Child has four million-selling albums (including their biggest: The Writings On the Wall, with 6.4 million), while their total album sales stand at 17.5 million

Bey's such a strong catalog seller that I hope they never release a GH set for her. All of her albums SELL as soon as she drops a new one or performs. Ha power!

Quote    Reply   

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#45 [url]

Dec 31 15 10:13 AM

5 million is a pretty mediocre total considering the big hits the album spawned, all of the promotion/performances, and that it was released when album sales were still strong.

Quote    Reply   

rooney1905

#46 [url]

Dec 31 15 10:35 AM

I think that in general with her catalogue. Even the last one sold well for the times but 2.3 seems low considering she did like 600k in the first three days. I'm not sure it would have fared better than 4 had it not been for the WAY it was rolled out. I like a lot of songs on the album but just figured sales would be better with how big of an era it was.

Quote    Reply   

#48 [url]

Dec 31 15 5:03 PM

rooney1905 wrote:
I think that in general with her catalogue. Even the last one sold well for the times but 2.3 seems low considering she did like 600k in the first three days. I'm not sure it would have fared better than 4 had it not been for the WAY it was rolled out. I like a lot of songs on the album but just figured sales would be better with how big of an era it was.

2.3 million for BEYONCE sounds like a great number to me. She only had 1 hit single from that era - Drunk In Love. It's a damn shame singles like XO, Pretty Hurts, Partition and Flawless weren't hits. IIRC she wasn't really on shows promoting her singles or hustling her album, it seems like she was touring or something. I could be wrong though.

[USERNAME REMOVED BY REQUEST] wrote:
Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#49 [url]

Dec 31 15 7:13 PM

seanjonmc wrote:
rooney1905 wrote:

IIRC she wasn't really on shows promoting her singles or hustling her album, it seems like she was touring or something. I could be wrong though.

No, she wasn't, which was a shame. She was on tour for most of the BEYONCE era.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#50 [url]

Dec 31 15 7:16 PM

rooney1905 wrote:
I . Even the last one sold well for the times but 2.3 seems low considering she did like 600k in the first three days. I'm not sure it would have fared better than 4 had it not been for the WAY it was rolled out. I like a lot of songs on the album but just figured sales would be better with how big of an era it was.

I'm actually surprised BEYONCE 'only' did 5 million worldwide, considering the absolute hysteria and industry shifting moment the album release was. Drunk In Love was a massive hit, the way she released the album broke the internet and it was a quality album with good reviews. It really should have sold more. Alas, she didn't promote it enough and the songs after DIL didn't become significant hits either, which likely held the album back.  

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

carlos b fly

Administrator

#52 [url]

Jan 1 16 7:06 AM

^ It certainly would if the album sales had been better. The Beyhive delight in pulling out "SLAY!!" and boasting "when will your faves?!!!" the second Beyoncé hits a second commercial turn of fortune and will make sure we all bloody know about it. 

Last Edited By: carlos b fly Jan 1 16 7:10 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#53 [url]

Jan 1 16 11:27 AM

seanjonmc wrote:
rooney1905 wrote:

2.3 million for BEYONCE sounds like a great number to me. She only had 1 hit single from that era - Drunk In Love. It's a damn shame singles like XO, Pretty Hurts, Partition and Flawless weren't hits. IIRC she wasn't really on shows promoting her singles or hustling her album, it seems like she was touring or something. I could be wrong though.

Yeah I can say that total is pretty good considering the lack of promotion. It's probably her best selling album in relation to promotion and other album sales at the time.

I agree album sales aren't everything, but even her digital singles totals are weak considering the hype and promotion her songs get. You'd think "Single Ladies" would be among the biggest sellers ever, for instance. I don't think it's even hit 6 million downloads. Does she have any other singles at 4 million downloads or more?

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#54 [url]

Jan 1 16 12:07 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
^ It certainly would if the album sales had been better. The Beyhive delight in pulling out "SLAY!!" and boasting "when will your faves?!!!" the second Beyoncé hits a second commercial turn of fortune and will make sure we all bloody know about it. 
Beyoncé has always done good commercially. Even the album that's considered her flop did better than the girls with multiple hits.  

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#55 [url]

Jan 1 16 12:21 PM

mcfan wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
Beyoncé has always done good commercially. Even the album that's considered her flop did better than the girls with multiple hits.  

Not my point at all but okay.

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#56 [url]

Jan 1 16 1:39 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
mcfan wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:

You talked about a "second commercial turn of fortune" as if her career has been in shambles just because she's lacking in the Pop hits department.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#57 [url]

Jan 1 16 2:17 PM

mcfan wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
mcfan wrote:

You talked about a "second commercial turn of fortune" as if her career has been in shambles just because she's lacking in the Pop hits department.

You've absolutely misunderstood what I'm saying but also reinforced exactly what I'm saying about atypical Beyoncé fans by leaping onto the sales defence. And I'm not indicating her career has done badly at all. I've already said BEYONCE still did very well. 5 million worldwide is hardly a shambles or anything to sneeze at (plus a monster hit). To cap this off before it goes any further, I agree with Vinny that albums sales aren't everything and BEYONCE was a fantastic album to me.

However, I find it an ironic statement considering the Beyhive are so ridiculously arrogant and aggressive about throwing around Beyoncé's 'slaying' success everytime she is doing well commercially and how grossly inferior everyone else is as a result, as we saw even here on FOMM when the BEYONCE album dropped.

Last Edited By: carlos b fly Jan 1 16 2:34 PM. Edited 6 times.

Quote    Reply   

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#58 [url]

Jan 1 16 4:06 PM

They are inferior, her album sales don't change that Her superstar status remains unaffected, even when 4 performed moderately. Her success is larger than just her album sales. She hasn't sold as much as, say, Adele, but she is just as big a star, if not bigger, regardless. She's never sold stratospheric numbers, but she's pretty damn consistent. I'd rather her be consistent, than peak and fall. She's proven herself already. It is clear from her disinterest to promote the album that she isn't chasing huge numbers or single peaks anymore.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#59 [url]

Jan 5 16 11:33 AM

carlos b fly wrote:
rooney1905 wrote:
I . Even the last one sold well for the times but 2.3 seems low considering she did like 600k in the first three days. I'm not sure it would have fared better than 4 had it not been for the WAY it was rolled out. I like a lot of songs on the album but just figured sales would be better with how big of an era it was.

I'm actually surprised BEYONCE 'only' did 5 million worldwide, considering the absolute hysteria and industry shifting moment the album release was. Drunk In Love was a massive hit, the way she released the album broke the internet and it was a quality album with good reviews. It really should have sold more. Alas, she didn't promote it enough and the songs after DIL didn't become significant hits either, which likely held the album back.  

Yeah at the end of the day the album was always going to be front-loaded with the way it was released and then the lack of subsequent promotion. However, honestly, I don't think any of the songs had 'hit single' written all over them. 

I kind of feel the same way about Adele's album. I don't think there is any song strong enough to really carry the album's sales. 'Hello' was by far the strongest single on the album. I expect her album sales won't extend over a long period either.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#60 [url]

Jan 5 16 11:35 AM

It is funny hearing 'Album sales aren't everything' from a Beyonce stan when debating with the Navy the Beyhive were all about album sales as they dismissed Rihanna as a singles artist

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help