Remove this ad

Lead

May 28 15 7:13 PM

Tags : :

FOMM is now ad free (on-going) when members are logged in.

If you are logged in and still see ads, please let us know.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#1 [url]

May 28 15 7:50 PM

This is wonderful! They were annoying, even with adblockers. It's nice to have the board fullscreen again instead of the empty box where the ads once were.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

May 28 15 8:06 PM

Vincent wrote:
This is wonderful! They were annoying, even with adblockers. It's nice to have the board fullscreen again instead of the empty box where the ads once were.

Yeah, it's so much better and definitely worth it for everyone.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

May 30 15 6:39 AM

zxcorr wrote:
On mobile it is still infested with ads. The other day it redirected to a movie ad that vibrates my phone! eek.gif Scary.
I always try to use the desktop version now.

WTF? That's crazy!

I'll email Yuku and see what's up with that.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

May 30 15 8:42 AM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
Great! What did it take to make this happen?

Money! smiley: laugh (Screw you, Yuku!)

I've set it to renew every month as you only get a certain amount of page views ad-free. I've started with just over 200,000 ad-free page views for now and will see how far that gets us then I will reassess to either bump it or lower it as needed. Either way, we're staying ad-free for the long run.

Last Edited By: ShayneFly May 30 15 8:52 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#8 [url]

May 30 15 9:09 AM

I wondered if that's what it took. I wouldn't mind donating to some type of pool to help out.

Mario, are you upset this decision was made without your approval?

Quote    Reply   

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#11 [url]

May 30 15 11:56 AM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
I wondered if that's what it took. I wouldn't mind donating to some type of pool to help out.

Wow Jason. I am surprised at this sort of attack coming from you. I know you only name-checked Mario here, but obviously he came in agreeing with me.

First, lets point out that (as an administrator especially) you should "Please refrain from inflammatory and defamatory comments as well as flaming, taunting, and general disrespect." This is clear taunting.

Second, to counter your point, no I personally am not "upset" the decision was made without "my" approval (but my point was never about "my" approval, but just that anyone who is interested in being involved in changes to OUR community should be allowed to be) however, had I known such a thing would happen and the cost of it, I would gladly contribute what I can to the fund. So in short, yes, of course I would prefer to be informed about positive and negative changes.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#12 [url]

May 30 15 2:55 PM

MisplacedValidity wrote:

Adblock never gave me trouble. Thanks for checking though!! smiley: indifferent

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

May 30 15 7:31 PM

zxcorr wrote:
omg I was logged out. I never log out. Haha. Sorry Shayne.

smiley: roll That's ok. As long as Yuku isn't being dodgy!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help