Remove this ad

avatar

breakbreakdown

Posts: 11,166 We love everybody.

#101 [url]

Aug 1 16 6:05 PM

Please forgive my poor editing skills. The yuku app is just a big piece of ...bleakosity

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#102 [url]

Aug 1 16 7:08 PM

Shayne I get your point of view but did those posters break the rules or have done something that would justify a ban for life? 


Yes, they all did on numerous occasions.

In real life, you have several ranges of punishment... Life sentence is one of them, for sure, but there are others....

This is not real life.

I believe it's reasonable to say that those posters (and other trolls) have done their time. 

There is no renegging on this at all. I for one, will not bring back those who continually harassed/abused other members for their own pathetic enjoyment. How would that be fair to anyone currently on the board now? Not to mention some of the trolls etc undertook illegal acts.

They didn't insult the integrity, the values, the core of this board that justified the ban for life, am I assuming right? 

Yes, they did.

I don't care to give any more time to these idiots than I have. Advocating for ex-members who have been banned for constant, abusive behaviour towards others in order to give the board some life or entertainment value is ridiculous.

If you want catty drama from alcoholics, nutjobs and delusional people, then maybe you should tune in to Real Housewives. It's all there for you - not on this board.

(Carlos is quite capable of speaking for himself on your other issues if he chooses to so, I will leave that with him.)

Quote    Reply   
avatar

carlos b fly

Administrator

Posts: 24,331 You'll never be ready. Memba I told you!

#103 [url]

Aug 1 16 7:54 PM

ShayneFly wrote:


(Carlos is quite capable of speaking for himself on your other issues if he chooses to so, I will leave that with him.)


I don't really have anything to add except you have to appreciate the irony of not liking moderators being rude to posters when situations are running amok, yet we're championing in the same breath the return of posters who relentlessly verbally assaulted posters in shocking displays of vicious sociopathic behaviour on the basis it'll make for some 'dramz' and entertainment. 
  


Quote    Reply   
avatar

breakbreakdown

Posts: 11,166 We love everybody.

#104 [url]

Aug 1 16 8:18 PM

Ok, fair enough. I won't insist anymore. Just another question, is it needed to pay any maintenance fee for this board ? If so, is it you that pay for it ? I'm just curious and if that's the case I'd like to thank you. Loved the tip of the Realhousewives. I will take that into consideration. Right now I'm just binge-watching Stranger Things... That's enough "strangeness" for now. But thanks anyways, I appreciate it.

Quote    Reply   

#107 [url]

Aug 1 16 8:37 PM

breakbreakdown wrote:
Ok, fair enough. I won't insist anymore. Just another question, is it needed to pay any maintenance fee for this board ? If so, is it you that pay for it ? I'm just curious and if that's the case I'd like to thank you. Loved the tip of the Realhousewives. I will take that into consideration. Right now I'm just binge-watching Stranger Things... That's enough "strangeness" for now. But thanks anyways, I appreciate it.
I do pay in order to have the board free from ads for members who are logged in. Considering the amount of daily users and views, it's not that much and lasts quite a while so, I'm happy to keep paying when required (at this rate it's every 3-4 months or more). Others can contribute but it's not really necessary, again, given the low activity on the board.

PS. I binge watched all of Stranger Things the other week. Good choice!

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Kevon

Administrator

Posts: 40,117 'Showing receipts and offering seats'

#108 [url]

Aug 22 16 5:30 AM

carlos b fly wrote:
mimifan09 wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:

And what is the general tone and content seen in this Mariah thread? Would you say its positive? Or quite charged?
  

It's quite charged but that's the way the Mariah sections on UKMix have always been. They have had positive moments, negative moments and extremely messy and highly charged times too. But things move on there very fast. The conversation is pretty much the same as has been for years, what she needs to do music wise, promo wise, label wise, management wise, album comparisons, how fat or how thin she is, how her face looks, how her voice sounds, how damaged it is, how improved it is, the lip synching rows, her stage presence or lack of in some people's opinion, her personality, the things she says, how relatable she is, her marriages and divorces and then there are the Mariah versus other artists debates that never end well,  you know how the story goes. These are the cyclical discussions that continue there daily and are always interspersed with whatever news or tweets or posts on social media occur at a particular time. A favourite rehashed discussion on that site was about "Memoirs" and it never ended well either. lol

So nothing has really changed there but there are always a few new stans joining every so often and that keeps the debate going, for better or worse.

While it's clear FOMM has quietened down due to the fact there isn't much happening in Mariah land at the moment that really appeals to the fans that once posted here daily, I think one of non Mariah related reasons FOMM began to quieten down a few years ago was because it was locked for so long. I signed up to UKmix and FOMM at exactly the same time back in 2009. I said this before here, I always wanted to post here because FOMM was the biggest Mariah fansite. I didn't get approved here until August 2012 and by that time I had amassed 10k posts on UKMix. If FOMM had always been open or if approval had happened faster, I think that would have ensured a level of freshness to the discussions when people who lost interest or left for whatever reason, no longer posted here anymore. That is what happened on UKMix. 

I also think, it was hard to be a new member here and to break into a community that had so much history. Because new members were so scarce when I was approved here, we were definitely treated with an air of scepticism and that was understandable because you never know who might be a troll. On UKmix, the new members often said they had read the Mariah thread for months or years before they signed up so they often had their opinions on everyone formed before they joined. The majority of them obviously didn't blast out of the gate throwing out their opinions on everyone there and then but it certainly gave them the knowledge on how they needed to approach and deal with people when interacting with them for the first time. 


I could be wrong but I don't think FOMM requires any approvals now? It literally is an open door policy. You sign up, you can post. There is a lot of history here on FOMM, its got a strong social dynamic and friendships/issues/rivalries that go back years. My view of that though is, like anyone entering a new social environment, you navigate into it with a sense of graciousness and observation. 
  
Is this true? I was under the impression we opened the board for a while then it was closed down again after someone went nuts because they were banned and started posting disgusting pictures under multiple accounts. smiley: laugh

If it is closed down could we consider trialling opening it up again? See how we get on?



Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Kevon

Administrator

Posts: 40,117 'Showing receipts and offering seats'

#110 [url]

Aug 22 16 6:42 AM

Has it? I thought it got locked down after that whole scat gate thing



Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
avatar

Automatic Prince

Posts: 2,307 FOMM Extraordinaire

#111 [url]

Sep 30 16 12:36 PM

Is there a way to disable images from loading on this forum? People replying back and forth with these gif images are running my cellular data through the roof :mad: I've tried the mobile browser version, as well as the yuku app, but it's still loading, and even double loading for me even trying the different methods.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Automatic Prince

Posts: 2,307 FOMM Extraordinaire

#113 [url]

Sep 30 16 1:40 PM

It's a legitimate question posted here for a reason. Not throwing shade. What you guys post is funny/amusing. If I were on WIFI, it wouldn't be a concern at all. But I'm not finding a resolution and you clearly don't care to give me an answer. Thanks anyway.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

mcfan

Posts: 34,711

#Beautiful

#114 [url]

Sep 30 16 6:21 PM

Automatic Prince wrote:
It's a legitimate question posted here for a reason. Not throwing shade. What you guys post is funny/amusing. If I were on WIFI, it wouldn't be a concern at all. But I'm not finding a resolution and you clearly don't care to give me an answer. Thanks anyway.
I'm not a mod/admin, so I can't help you. Sorry!

  
  

Quote    Reply   
avatar

BeyondIdolization

Posts: 26,274

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#120 [url]

May 13 17 9:56 PM

Is this the title change thread now too? lol

How do I feel?
I'm losing my mind


  

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help