Remove this ad

mcfan

#Beautiful

#81 [url]

Jun 19 16 8:08 AM

ShayneFly wrote:
Yup, go for it. I've enabled it in this forum. Make a new thread, I'll post a response and then see if you can delete it.

Done.. but I can't see the thread I made? smiley: indifferent

EDIT: the entire thread is gone if I delete. Welp, I tried. 

Last Edited By: mcfan Jun 19 16 8:12 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#82 [url]

Jun 19 16 8:12 AM

mcfan wrote:
ShayneFly wrote:
Yup, go for it. I've enabled it in this forum. Make a new thread, I'll post a response and then see if you can delete it.

Done.. but I can't see the thread I made? smiley: indifferent
Really? I can see it and posted a reply.

But, at the moment something funky is going on with Yuku. I see latest replies, then sometimes they disappear.

Quote    Reply   

#85 [url]

Jun 19 16 8:15 AM

mcfan wrote:
Yeah it happens sometimes.. anyway you were right the thread disappears once the first post is deleted
Well, that sucks! I can see it in the log as well:

User: mcfan has deleted topic: Test thread from: "Feedback & Resolutions"

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#86 [url]

Jun 19 16 8:17 AM

ShayneFly wrote:
mcfan wrote:
Yeah it happens sometimes.. anyway you were right the thread disappears once the first post is deleted

I post on Pulse and I believe Proboards doesn't give you the option to delete the first post if you've created a thread. That would be ideal. 

Quote    Reply   

#87 [url]

Jun 19 16 8:18 AM

mcfan wrote:
ShayneFly wrote:
mcfan wrote:

I post on Pulse and I believe Proboards doesn't give you the option to delete the first post if you've created a thread. That would be ideal. 

OK. I'm looking at Yuku support to see if any such option exists here. Doubt it though.

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#90 [url]

Jun 22 16 4:55 PM

Is there a chance we can have the Sweet Sweet Fantasy Tour threads merged?

If we ever get the boxscores it'd be great to have them all in one place. Plus no one visits the other section even if the thread is open.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

breakbreakdown

#93 [url]

Jul 30 16 6:43 PM

Dear FOMM administrators moderators and the power that be, Can you please unban Jasp, iKen, Clo, and others infamous FOMM characters/posters? This place has been dull for a while. No new updated in the main sections? I really really don't want to start watching Real Desperate Housewives or how it's called so I can have updates to check. Girls been trying hard to keep it up, but to be honest it's still not enough. FOMM is in extinction and we should try to revert that tendency. Of course another good reason is because we need to forgive all the past sinners. We love everybody right? Thanks for the attention. Sincerely yours, breakbreakdown

Quote    Reply   

#98 [url]

Jul 31 16 10:48 PM

Really? Why does this even warrant a reason or further discussion when it's obvious.

These people were banned for being trolls/consistent troublemakers and people think bringing them and their dramas back will reinvigorate the board in any kind of positive way?

You can get your kicks elsewhere. They're not coming back.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#99 [url]

Aug 1 16 10:32 AM

I would rather avoid endless moderation, which those posters turned into (and as Shayne said, why they were eventually banned, even when the structure of a rules system was put into place). Ultimately, Mariah hasn't had a hit in years, is releasing less albums and is doing things that a lot of fans don't really care for or are passionate about (such as Hallmark projects, Reality TV shows, product endorsements, etc) so as with all artists falling off the pop charts and legacy territory, the fanbase drops and/or gets older and therefore gets less interested.

FOMM is going to get more quiet when Mariah is doing less of the things most of us love her for.

Quote    Reply   

breakbreakdown

#100 [url]

Aug 1 16 5:54 PM

Re: Shayne I get your point of view but did those posters break the rules or have done something that would justify a ban for life? In real life, you have several ranges of punishment... Life sentence is one of them, for sure, but there are others.... Assuming there is a wide range of punishment in this board as well (several warnings , temporary bans included, I guess - I haven't done my HW in that matter, I apologize), I believe it's reasonable to say that those posters (and other trolls) have done their time. Clo was a nutjob, Jasp an alcoholic and iKen a delusional lost mind, yes, but they just pushed FOMM's TPTB buttons, right? They didn't insult the integrity, the values, the core of this board that justified the ban for life, am I assuming right? Maybe not. I don't know the details of their "cases" but, hell, there are posters on this board that have said and done things that I consider a little bit too much and they are still posting here. So what's the criteria? We all know FOMM is ridiculously cliquey. And honestly I'm happy for that, and for the remaining posters that "bothered" me. I'm all for Internet freedom. This is like high school, you can't have your older brothers or teachers to have your back all the time. There will always be bullies, creeps, trolls and you need to know how to address them. But that's my personal opinion, it's probably worth less than 2 cents, so I leave it at that. Re:Carlos To me it feels like moderating this board gets too much credit sometimes, honestly. I respect the "job" itself and it's much needed, but sometimes it crosses the line of what's "reasonable", IMO. In particular (and most recently) I've seen you, Carlos, pull off the "moderator" card a couple of times, in a menacing + arrogant tone. For what? To shove down our throats that you have "the power" ? I respect you as a poster but I will take this opportunity to formalize my discontent of your tone in some of your "warning posts", that go along with the lines with I've just said before: "a little bit too much for what it is". Then again, it's my 2 cents. Nothing personal and/or relevant. For the record, I enjoy the vast majority of your posts. Re: FOMM's TPTB Suggestion: in the past there have been a unban kind of movement, if I remember properly. I think for the time being it would be interesting and healthy to do it again, for the reasons I've stated: boredom, urge to forgive the sinners and because this is *just* an online messageboard. I know you guys would have more work, but for the reasons I've stated before, it's a inexistent problem to me. I'd like to also state that I do believe the permanent ban isn't adequate to the current state of the board. Like Carlos said, this place is probably becoming less and less frequented. Why ruling it like it was some freak biased Amish community that needs to protect their own interests? I'd like to end my post with a positive note. I think overall a great job has been done here. This is not personal or a whiny attack. Please do take that in consideration. With love, always breakbreakdown

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help