Remove this ad

mcfan

#Beautiful

#41 [url]

May 30 15 2:57 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
mcfan wrote:
MisplacedValidity wrote:

You are basically the first person to PM admins to try and get people banned for their posts, to start PMing people to protest, and so on, so all of these screams "sour grapes" to me.
You are spreading a lie. I've never tried to get anyone banned, I've just asked for moderation when and where it was needed. Not even from you, so you can have a seat. 

Don't call him a liar. You have asked for people to be banned via PM. 

Not really. I've asked for moderation and obtained it.

And even if I did, how is that relevant to the points I raised?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

carlos b fly

Administrator

#42 [url]

May 30 15 3:00 PM

mcfan wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
mcfan wrote:
You are spreading a lie. I've never tried to get anyone banned, I've just asked for moderation when and where it was needed. Not even from you, so you can have a seat. 

No. You are lying. You were lying before and you are lying now.

You have asked for members to be banned on PM. Not moderated. Banned. Precisely as Jason said. That is a relevant point and the only one I'm interested in addressing. If you are going to call someone a liar on something you have done and know you have done and then get caught out, at least own it.

Last Edited By: carlos b fly May 30 15 3:05 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#43 [url]

May 30 15 3:24 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
mcfan wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:

You have asked for members to be banned on PM. Not moderated. Banned. Precisely as Jason said. That is a relevant point and the only one I'm interested in addressing. If you are going to call someone a liar on something you have done and know you have done and then get caught out, at least own it.

Okay Carlos, y'all are right and I'm wrong.

Clearly this isn't going to go anywhere. I typed a post with all of my opinions on the subject at hand and you guys chose to ignore it and manipulate it to suit what you wanted. I'm not going to waste time at this point. Nor energy.

Happy posting to everybody!

Quote    Reply   

#44 [url]

May 30 15 6:13 PM

mcfan wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
mcfan wrote:

Okay Carlos, y'all are right and I'm wrong.

Clearly this isn't going to go anywhere. I typed a post with all of my opinions on the subject at hand and you guys chose to ignore it and manipulate it to suit what you wanted. I'm not going to waste time at this point. Nor energy.

Happy posting to everybody!

Personally, I chose not to respond to your post because I found it to be over the top and a completely disproportionate response in regards to the issues.

Feeling "creeped out" at some basic rule implementations is more your issue, not ours. I'll go out and a limb and say you post on other boards and that their rules are 99.9999% likely to be a lot more strict and considerably more numerous, lengthy and detailed (and contain the same general rules as the very few we have) than anything we have or have ever had here.

"FOMM is not an ordinary board". 
How so? Compared to what standards?

"I logged in yesterday and I found a completely new environment, void of all the things that made it distinctive to me when I joined"
Quite the exaggeration. FOMM has changed infinite times in an infinite number of ways since its creation - both before and after you joined.

Quote    Reply   

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#45 [url]

May 30 15 6:33 PM

For the record it was mentioned on FOMM that there would be a discussion of rules/decorum moving forward:
http://friendsofmariahmessageboard.yuku.com/reply/785992/Mariahs-Las-Vegas-Residency-1s-Begins-May-6th-Caese#reply-785992
http://friendsofmariahmessageboard.yuku.com/reply/785974/Mariahs-Las-Vegas-Residency-1s-Begins-May-6th-Caese#reply-785974

Mario even posted that he knew it was going to be discussed:
http://friendsofmariahmessageboard.yuku.com/reply/785993/Mariahs-Las-Vegas-Residency-1s-Begins-May-6th-Caese#reply-785993

So, to act like this was out of nowhere seems odd to me, especially since those of you saying that were involved in the discussion that led to a posting of rules and even stated you knew it was coming.

Here is another part where people were discussing the direction of the board:
http://friendsofmariahmessageboard.yuku.com/reply/785967/Mariahs-Las-Vegas-Residency-1s-Begins-May-6th-Caese#reply-785967

Additionally, the existence of this particular thread and forum in general means that there is a way for people to express their thoughts. Some people have already gotten what they wanted in terms of threads being moved and what not, so obviously admin is open to what people have to say.

Quote    Reply   

breakbreakdown

#46 [url]

Jun 1 15 8:52 AM

Forum Discussion

It's so interesting to see that even with Mariah's career/mainstream popularity in decline, ruling FOMM is still a hot topic lol. I've been here for 10 years and it still amazes me how feisty people can get over FOMM's TPTB. Well, if you're thirsty, you gotta get it somewhere else, I guess.

Anyway, thanks y'all for the hard work put on maintaining this forum, it's impressively well organized. And again thanks to get rid of those annoying ads, that was top notch.

Last Edited By: breakbreakdown Jun 1 15 5:53 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#47 [url]

Jun 1 15 10:15 AM

breakbreakdown wrote:
It's so interesting to see that even with Mariah's career/mainstream popularity in decline, ruling FOMM is still a hot topic lol. I've been here for 10 years and it still amazes me how feisty people can get over FOMM's TPMB. Well, if you're thirsty, you gotta get it somewhere else, I guess.

Anyway, thanks y'all for the hard work put on maintaining this forum, it's impressively well organized. And again thanks to get rid of those annoying ads, that was top notch.

Thanks for the feedback. And you're welcome We're just doing our job smiley: wink

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#48 [url]

Jun 1 15 10:59 AM

breakbreakdown wrote:

Anyway, thanks y'all for the hard work put on maintaining this forum, it's impressively well organized.

And thank you to you for appreciating that. Its nice to hear that.

Quote    Reply   

hontasy

#49 [url]

Jun 1 15 2:30 PM

Thanks guys, it got a bit messy over time and this was much needed. And the ads were so annoying, especially on mobile.
I just got an error message though saying I was banned and then I was back Hopefully its a Yuku thing and not anything to do with FOMM lol.

Quote    Reply   

#50 [url]

Jun 1 15 7:27 PM

hontasy wrote:
Thanks guys, it got a bit messy over time and this was much needed. And the ads were so annoying, especially on mobile.
I just got an error message though saying I was banned and then I was back smile.gif Hopefully its a Yuku thing and not anything to do with FOMM lol.

Thanks for the feedback and we're glad you like the changes.

That random ban is weird. There's nothing in the logs so it has to be a Yuku glitch. Let us know if it happens again

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#51 [url]

Jun 3 15 10:16 AM

There's definitely a couple of people on power trips in the last year or so, and they're basically proving it again with the nonchalant responses in this thread. It's like, the board is smaller than ever, yet we need all these new rules and closing/moving of forums? It's clearly a couple of people deciding what is interesting to post about here and the hell with everybody else's opinions. It's sad.

Quote    Reply   

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#52 [url]

Jun 4 15 1:25 PM

Mario wrote:
You can take the discussion anywhere you want, but [insert token sassy black female response]

This is the exact kind of thing we have been discussing for weeks Mario. I offer to have a discussion about an issue in an appropriate forum, and what we get back is attitude that doesn't show any real intention of having a discussion. It comes across as you saying, "This is what I think and you guys better do it or it means you aren't listening to me and I am going to try to rally the troops." If that's the case, THAT is more of a power trip than anything the admin team has done.

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#53 [url]

Jun 4 15 2:28 PM

I have abundantly discussed why that particular thread is dangerous, I'm not going to repeat myself or engage in any further discussion with you about the changes FOMM has gone through recently. I no longer have the energy or the patience to do so.

If you have anything else to add about the things we've said about each others personally in that thread (which you've ignored so far), you can address me via PM.

Quote    Reply   

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#54 [url]

Jun 4 15 2:35 PM

Re-posting these discussion topics from the Radar thread:

I feel this need to be closed not because of people's opinion of Mariah, that is their right and problem. But I felt this thread was heading to a fan war, people attacking themselves and that really is useless.
That isn't a thread issue as much as a user issue. In terms of the thread itself, this is a story that is out there in the news, so I think it has a place at a discussion board for that artist.

In terms of the board users, I think there is a difference in opinion among users of how much speculation is ok, and in what direction. This is a discussion board, not a news site, so personally I think some leeway is appropriate.

Quote    Reply   

#55 [url]

Jun 6 15 12:14 AM

Wow! I've been coming to FOMM since the 90's and I never knew there was a sex thread! I almost never venture out of the General Mariah forum. Probably for the best.

I just read through this juicy thread and as an independent observer who doesn't take anything too seriously, my feedback is:
-everyone who has posted in here is a long-time fan and FOMM member who have a long-time connection with this site. I've come here every day for probably close to 17-18 years, or since whenever Anderz posted about it, and I'm sure a lot of you have it as a daily routine also. So, try to respect everyone's connection with the site itself even though it's "just a message board."
-I think the 3-4 mods try to be fair and are good choices for mods. Although, it seems like we're down to 15-20 regular posters here, lol.
-I understand the frustration of others who had an attachment to certain threads/features and would have appreciated a chance to provide input before the changes were made. Is there a way a mod can send a PM to all registered users notifying them of potential changes with a link to a thread discussing it? Not everybody, like me, visits the feedback forum. If not available, maybe putting a notice near the top of each page for a week would be helpful so all people who log in are aware there are some changes being considered. I don't expect many changes in the future so it's not like it will become a nuisance.
-relax! As late 90's Mariah would say, "it's not that deep!" Although, I do understand people feel like it's a personal attack when they get ignored, but it's usually not. Typing on a website and interacting in person are 2 totally different things and words on a screen can be misinterpreted easily.

Quote    Reply   

#56 [url]

Jun 6 15 8:07 PM

LaDiDa wrote:
Wow! I've been coming to FOMM since the 90's and I never knew there was a sex thread! I almost never venture out of the General Mariah forum. Probably for the best.

I just read through this juicy thread and as an independent observer who doesn't take anything too seriously, my feedback is:
-everyone who has posted in here is a long-time fan and FOMM member who have a long-time connection with this site. I've come here every day for probably close to 17-18 years, or since whenever Anderz posted about it, and I'm sure a lot of you have it as a daily routine also. So, try to respect everyone's connection with the site itself even though it's "just a message board."
-I think the 3-4 mods try to be fair and are good choices for mods. Although, it seems like we're down to 15-20 regular posters here, lol.
-I understand the frustration of others who had an attachment to certain threads/features and would have appreciated a chance to provide input before the changes were made. Is there a way a mod can send a PM to all registered users notifying them of potential changes with a link to a thread discussing it? Not everybody, like me, visits the feedback forum. If not available, maybe putting a notice near the top of each page for a week would be helpful so all people who log in are aware there are some changes being considered. I don't expect many changes in the future so it's not like it will become a nuisance.
-relax! As late 90's Mariah would say, "it's not that deep!" Although, I do understand people feel like it's a personal attack when they get ignored, but it's usually not. Typing on a website and interacting in person are 2 totally different things and words on a screen can be misinterpreted easily.
Thanks for your feedback!

We discussed the matter over a period of two weeks so, no decision was taken lightly. As Jason mentioned, we take discussions/points from the board into consideration as well as what we have observed throughout the community as a whole over a period of time. So, we definitely didn't just decide to make snap decisions one day to enforce our rule over the kingdom like some feel we have (/sarcasm) If that was the case, there would be a lot more going on than just rules & forum reviews every year or so.

It really took us quite some time to come to a solution that we all agreed on and felt best represented the current needs of the community as observed by general poster interaction, activity and discussions. Forums that had not been posted in at all for 6 months or more (some had not been touched in over a year) we felt, by way of non-participation by members, warranted integration or removal. Most forums remain hidden so we can move threads to the appropriate forums and is something we are still in the process of doing.

Our main aim was essentially to streamline the look and functionality of the board, drive more conversation to the main Mariah forum and eventually, become a little less confusing/more welcoming for new and current members alike - as well as having forums that are continually active and that has been achieved (of course the Hall of Fame forums serve another purpose). You mentioned you rarely venture outside the main Mariah forum so, we hope, these changes entice you to at least take another look around the board as a whole and provide feedback like you have

We're currently averaging over 1400 unique visits EACH DAY to the forum - which is crazy compared with the number of active posters (anywhere up to 40 or so each day). We hope to convert those numbers into more activity across the board - which is hopeful, to say the least! But we'll try!

As a whole, the board still absolutely maintains its core identity, structure and purpose. Discussions/topics/forums have just been given a more easily, identifiable place on the board and, as you said, "it's not that deep!" smiley: happy

(BTW: Do you know what year FOMM first began? Was it '99 or earlier? I can remember posting back in 1999/2000 but I'm not 100% sure if it started in '99 or a little earlier?)

Last Edited By: ShayneFly Jun 6 15 8:15 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#57 [url]

Jun 6 15 10:20 PM

I don't remember for sure. The first thing I searched on the internet was for Mariah in October 1995 and found Anderz' site, FOMM definitely wasn't around then. I think maybe Regina first started it and maybe Anderz mentioned it sometime in the late 90's.

Quote    Reply   

#58 [url]

Jun 6 15 10:38 PM

LaDiDa wrote:
I don't remember for sure. The first thing I searched on the internet was for Mariah in October 1995 and found Anderz' site, FOMM definitely wasn't around then. I think maybe Regina first started it and maybe Anderz mentioned it sometime in the late 90's.
smiley: laugh Me too! Except I didn't have a computer and did it in an internet cafe. I remember listening to Forever and then a pop up on the screen saying I had performed an illegal function. So, I closed the page and high-tailed it out of there smiley: roll

1999 is definitely the earliest I can trace it back to. I want the next theme to be a dedication to FOMM's legacy so trying to find the right start date

Quote    Reply   

#59 [url]

Jun 6 15 11:44 PM

Oh gosh, you made me remember I searched in Netscape Navigator browser! Anderz site had a story that Mariah had just performed her MSG concert with Boyz II Men a few days earlier and I was pissed I didn't know about it.

I searched the Wayback Time Machine before for Anderz and Regina's sites for the late 90's and didn't see any specific mention of when it was first introduced.

Quote    Reply   

#60 [url]

Jun 6 15 11:49 PM

LaDiDa wrote:
Oh gosh, you made me remember I searched in Netscape Navigator browser! Anderz site had a story that Mariah had just performed her MSG concert with Boyz II Men a few days earlier and I was pissed I didn't know about it.

I searched the Wayback Time Machine before for Anderz and Regina's sites for the late 90's and didn't see any specific mention of when it was first introduced.

Laugh Netscape! smiley: roll Those were the days haha!

OK, thanks! I'll make the theme a general time frame reference then lol

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help