Remove this ad

carlos b fly

Administrator

#1741 [url]

Jun 2 15 11:25 AM

Hakeem wrote:
Why would they eliminate all of the footage of her sitting in that dressing room with her hair up?

I guess they didn't like it once it was in the can?

Remove this ad

#1742 [url]

Jun 2 15 11:28 AM

nickliha wrote:
I like the video! She was beautiful in all the shots and didn't have (too many) awkward poses. Im just glad it didn't turn out like the cringe fest that was YM and #B.
for me, there were no awkward moments in #B. I like the fact that Joseph Khan knows how to capture the correct Mariah moves to fit in the groove of the song.

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#1743 [url]

Jun 2 15 11:33 AM

lambiechops wrote:
nickliha wrote:
I like the video! She was beautiful in all the shots and didn't have (too many) awkward poses. Im just glad it didn't turn out like the cringe fest that was YM and #B.
for me, there were no awkward moments in #B. I like the fact that Joseph Khan knows how to capture the correct Mariah moves to fit in the groove of the song.

I think with "#B" it's more that the entire video is basically her posing. Maybe no one pose in particular is terrible, but the collection of them is just...redundant at best. Mariah in that yellow dress is still fire, though.

kittykow105

#1744 [url]

Jun 2 15 11:37 AM

p0ir0t wrote:
Migrate90 wrote:
kittykow105 wrote:
I totally agree, but she needs to stop singing "Vision of Love."  Even the best performances of it this era are barely passable and have been farly overrated by fans.  She needs to sing "Always Be My Baby" or other #1's that are more attainable live.

Speak for yourself. With the exception of the meh VOL performances from the first and second Vegas dates, she has been consistently nailing it. Kimmel was spectacular as was the 5/20 performance from Vegas for example; she has been singing it the way it's supposed to be sung (ie: properly belting it out without the choppy mess) and her voice sounds lovely at this point into the residency.

Now as for "Infinity" - bah I knew that mess was dead on arrival as soon as it premiered. It's not a hit, it's not happening. Besides, it's hardly a good song in the first place (IMO). 

That said, they really need to release that *%!$!@! video, for the fans if nothing else. It's ABSURD they've taken so long to put it out.
THIS

I'm happy you guys liked her VOL performances so much.  To me, while she's improved, she sounds tired and rough.  While Mariah's timbre has changed over the years, she's been able to arrange her songs to where it sounds appropriate.  I honestly haven't fully liked a VOL since the Blueprint in 2005.  

I think she's been able to adapt her voice better on other songs in her catalog. Just my opinion.

Regarding the video, I was pleasantly surprised.  No awkward moments.  She looked beautiful.  They airbrushed her body appropriately as opposed to completely warping it (i.e. IWKWLI, 100%).  It fits the Vegas theme which is nice too.  

Last Edited By: kittykow105 Jun 2 15 11:40 AM. Edited 1 time.

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#1746 [url]

Jun 2 15 12:06 PM

It's better than I expected... they kind of ruined the best part of it by showing the cameos 2 weeks ago though.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

#1747 [url]

Jun 2 15 12:23 PM

Nice video! I wonder if one of the issues with the video was the Hilary Duff came out with a video a few weeks ago that was all about Tinder... (not that Hilary Duff is on Mariah's radar, but other people may have noticed it). The only awkward scene is Mariah singing in a black dress in the closet...

#B had some awkward scenes, mostly when she was spinning and hugging herself towards the end.

#1748 [url]

Jun 2 15 12:44 PM

#Beautiful was a cute video, just really boring. She did look incredible in it. You're Mine was.....well, I only watched it once. At the very least, it's refreshing not to see dull posing and beauty shots over and over.

I don't mind performance type videos, like Infinity. The performance part is shot really well here. And it makes perfect sense for the Vegas shows. I agree with Vinny though, they should have saved the cameos for a surprise. My only gripe is nobody would ever shut the door on Tyson Beckford.  smiley: laugh  I wanted to see him walk through the door. smiley: laugh

[USERNAME REMOVED BY REQUEST] wrote:
Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

Rory366

#1750 [url]

Jun 2 15 1:51 PM

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllright enough shading the #B video lol. I LOVE THAT VIDEO. She is the epitome of my spirit animal posing the entire time in the yellow dress. I loved it. But I get it, the Infinity video has a lot more goin on which was definitely needed after the YM video snoozefest (yes that was me saying something slightly negative for the first time).

Infinity is actually a really well made video. The performance shots are dynamic and she looks flantastic. Love the silly moments with the champagne and running outside onto the balcony with her arms flailing.

Remove this ad

#1752 [url]

Jun 2 15 2:16 PM

I think it's a cute video. I think some of the concert footage is a bit redundant. They should have done more of the 'Ratnerish' stuff like the Match part, and less of the Mariah posing bits. That said, Brett Ratner and Mariah's projects are not always successful. H.A.T.E.U. anyone?

mcfan

#Beautiful

#1753 [url]

Jun 2 15 2:36 PM

iTunes:
#1021 - "Infinity" (+180)
#348 - #1 to Infinity

Last Edited By: mcfan Jun 2 15 5:11 PM. Edited 2 times.

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#1754 [url]

Jun 2 15 7:16 PM

Interesting how she quietly confirms she's divorced with that Match profile.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

vinjer

#1755 [url]

Jun 2 15 7:45 PM

Apparently, the  little dog from the Infinity video  has died.

Brett Ratner @BrettRatner
So sad to report that the puppy in the #Infinity video @myprincesscharlotte has passed away @MariahCarey #1toInfinity

houseofMusiC

#1756 [url]

Jun 2 15 8:03 PM

vinjer wrote:

So sad to report that the puppy in the #Infinity video @myprincesscharlotte has passed away @MariahCarey #1toInfinity
smiley: eeksmiley: eeksmiley: eek

#1757 [url]

Jun 2 15 9:03 PM

houseofMusiC wrote:
vinjer wrote:

smiley: eeksmiley: eeksmiley: eek

That's too bad, but why did Brett have to tweet about it on THE DAY the video came out?  Like, let's just be happy for a moment?  Or am I being insensitive?  That dog was cute!

roi17

#1758 [url]

Jun 2 15 9:41 PM

Beautiful video, though anything that helps cement her new status as a Vegas Residency act kind of irritates me. I have to get used to it, I guess.

Byro

#1760 [url]

Jun 2 15 10:22 PM

She looks great in the video, but am I watching the same video as some people here?! haha. I think it looks thrown together, especially the closet scene. This won't do much for the song, not that we expected it to. I want to see another TMB or Honey video at some point. Put some effort in! *steps off soap box*

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help