Remove this ad

robjv1

Posts: 10,760 True in love and wisdom, well off and witty, using god's sleeve to wipe the hell off the city.

#41 [url]

Apr 14 15 3:16 PM

Re: Mariah Carey - New Single: Infinity - Out on April 27th

Kevon wrote:
^^ Exactly. He didn't really tell us anything. If it is truly 'genreless' then that's great, because that's exactly how I'd describe 'Beautiful' but like David said, this is a hardcore stan speaking so his opinion isn't much more valid than say, B Scott describing the song.

Right! Waiting on Roger Friedman's take on "Infinite" with baited breath myself lol.

Remove this ad

Kevon

Administrator

#43 [url]

Apr 14 15 3:18 PM

Wait, we take anyone seriously when they say 'soon'?

I still hope we're going to get a full 'Mariah remix' package of the new song. Her remixes have been dire for a while now.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

robjv1

Posts: 10,760 True in love and wisdom, well off and witty, using god's sleeve to wipe the hell off the city.

#44 [url]

Apr 14 15 3:24 PM

Kevon wrote:
Wait, we take anyone seriously when they say 'soon'? :lol

I still hope we're going to get a full 'Mariah remix' package of the new song. Her remixes have been dire for a while now.

Yeah she really needs to step up her game there. She kinda shaded the one really good Triumphant one though. Naming it a 'vintage' mix wasn't a problem in itself, but she seemed to take every opportunity to emphasize that it was as if to say 'you're not getting more of this house music shit from me" lol. She should just take it in a different (but inspired) direction if she's gonna bother with it.

robjv1

#46 [url]

Apr 14 15 3:38 PM

"Infinity" is 03:58 mins long, according to the Italian press release.

#47 [url]

Apr 14 15 3:48 PM

Yeah Erik is her friend and he has hyped up every single she has put out for years so he can't be taken too seriously.

I also hope we get some decent remixes of the song. The Triumphant dance remixes were good and I still like the #B Jeezy remix. That re-sung Mariah verse was great. But they have been the only passable remixes she has put out in years. I did download one of the YM(E) dance remixes which wasn't too bad but it got boring after a while because it was the same part of the song on a continuous loop. If we're going to get some more cut and paste remixes with people like Trey Songz, she can honestly keep them because they serve no purpose.

#49 [url]

Apr 14 15 4:33 PM

Erik regarding YM(E): "MC does it again...creating yet another classic love song with a hypnotic hook that won't ever leave you. We're thrilled to have Mariah back on the radio! EXTREMELY RADIO FRIENDLY!"

Oh boy

#50 [url]

Apr 14 15 4:35 PM

CoryCoolDangerous wrote:
robjv1 wrote:
"Infinity" is 03:58 mins long, according to the Italian press release.

Where?
http://www.sonymusic.it/it/news/mariah-carey-sigla-un-nuovo-contratto-con-epic-recordssony-legacy-uscirà-il-19-maggio-la-raccol

Remove this ad

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#51 [url]

Apr 14 15 4:36 PM

^^Right, Erik is a bit ridiculous. The one thing that scares me about Infinity is that the title (paired with the producer) sounds like it could be a song like 100%, which I consider one of her worst ever.

mcfan

#Beautiful

#52 [url]

Apr 14 15 4:36 PM

Kanye wrote:
Erik regarding YM(E): "MC does it again...creating yet another classic love song with a hypnotic hook that won't ever leave you. We're thrilled to have Mariah back on the radio! EXTREMELY RADIO FRIENDLY!"

Oh boy laugh.gif

Yeah and they didn't even play it

There was an Italian press release? I hope she comes to do some promo in Europe.

#53 [url]

Apr 14 15 4:40 PM

Kevon wrote:
Wait, we take anyone seriously when they say 'soon'? laugh.gif

Eh, you're right I suppose... but just the fact he said VERY VERY soon and not just "soon" made me think he knew something...

#54 [url]

Apr 14 15 4:42 PM

Kanye wrote:

Oh boy laugh.gif
That reminded me of what he said about TMB smiley: laugh

"'Touch My Body' picks right up where The Emancipation Of Mimi left off. It's another classic Mariah mid-tempo SMASH with a hook that will stick with you for days."  

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#55 [url]

Apr 14 15 4:47 PM

mimifan09 wrote:
Kanye wrote:

Oh boy laugh.gif
That reminded me of what he said about TMB smiley: laugh

"'Touch My Body' picks right up where The Emancipation Of Mimi left off. It's another classic Mariah mid-tempo SMASH with a hook that will stick with you for days."  

While TMB is catchy there were many fans who felt the song was underwhelming and needed repeated listens for them to like it. So yeah, that description of TMB as this obvious smash hit is just more hyperbole from Erik.

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#56 [url]

Apr 14 15 4:47 PM

^Well, I mean, for TMB, that's not too far off, though.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Bigsteel 00

#58 [url]

Apr 14 15 6:15 PM

Mariah Carey - New Single: Infinity - Out on April 27th

When TMB was released, I admit I was expecting more vocals, but the clear "Daydream" vocals blew me away - loved it by the 3rd listen.

Stamos

#59 [url]

Apr 14 15 6:39 PM

Vincent wrote:
^Well, I mean, for TMB, that's not too far off, though.

Agreed. 

~~MCinGR  for the nostalgia ~~

Migrate90

#60 [url]

Apr 14 15 6:44 PM

Kanye wrote:

Oh boy laugh.gif
Oh, no!  laugh.gif I didn't remember he had described "You're Mine" as radio friendly. I mean, I love the song but... smiley: nerd

I hope "Infinity" is killer!! I'm so excited and have high expectations for it. Surely for them to have selected it as the new song to sit along all those beautiful, classic #1 hits it has to be at least "good"... 

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help