Remove this ad

#1341 [url]

Sep 8 15 3:11 PM

Is there much of a market for concert DVDs anymore? Does it require many sales to cover production, shipping, promo etc?

Remove this ad

carlos b fly

Administrator

#1342 [url]

Sep 8 15 4:59 PM

Martin E wrote:
Is there much of a market for concert DVDs anymore? Does it require many sales to cover production, shipping, promo etc?

It is certainly down in terms of ROI. I know a good few artists just don't bother anymore as they feel a lot of it will be on YouTube so why bother? Seems the only people that do it now are those with hardcore fanbases and/or tours that have had massive productions which might make them more alluring. Take That and Pink for example, fall into both categories.

Mariah will have the benefit (like Shania did) of many people not being able to see the show due to it being a Vegas only deal. So she has that advantage too.

carlos b fly

Administrator

#1343 [url]

Sep 12 15 9:50 AM

orpheus14 wrote:

I personally dont see her carrying the show's "#1 to Infinity" theme throughout her entire residency.

But isn't next year being advertised already as #1 To Infinity (AKA "All my #1's plus Infinity"). You couldn't really call the second leg that if it isn't going to be? I'd be pretty disappointed as a casual fan if I turned up expecting a concert of only Number One hits and ended up with something else.

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#1344 [url]

Sep 14 15 2:45 PM

I think she could replace "Infinity," though and still call it that

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#1345 [url]

Sep 14 15 9:37 PM

Infinity was a great show closer, both in terms of tempo and emotion (I was at one of the shows). It would've been terrible to end on TMB.

Kevon

Administrator

#1346 [url]

Sep 15 15 4:16 AM

Of course she'll keep the #1s theme. The whole publicity and name of the show has been about that. To rebrand would make no sense really. And I agree as much as I find Infinity one of her weaker singles it does make a good closer to the show. As David said, ending with TMB would be terrible.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

carlos b fly

Administrator

#1347 [url]

Sep 15 15 8:07 AM

Vincent wrote:
I think she could replace "Infinity," though and still call it that laugh.gif

Careful, you might be giving her the option to add another song in that way. I can see Shake It Off already dusting itself down.... smiley: laugh

carlos b fly

Administrator

#1348 [url]

Sep 15 15 8:10 AM

Kevon wrote:
 And I agree as much as I find Infinity one of her weaker singles it does make a good closer to the show. As David said, ending with TMB would be terrible.

I was surprised how well it works as well as the show closer. It feels right and very complimentary to the theme. I'd say keep it as it is.

#1350 [url]

Sep 28 15 9:39 PM

Was the Why U Mad? remix released officially? I love her vocals on it now.

Remove this ad

mcfan

#Beautiful

#1353 [url]

Oct 20 15 8:33 AM

Gawain of Suffolk wrote:
Do we know the total the Album has sold in the U.S to date ? I'm hoping it's about to go Gold!!
35-40k

carlos b fly

Administrator

#1354 [url]

Oct 20 15 8:37 AM

Gawain of Suffolk wrote:
Do we know the total the Album has sold in the U.S to date ? I'm hoping it's about to go Gold!!

Are you feeling okay? The album tanked in America. There is no way it would ever go Gold. Thats absolute insanity.

carlos b fly

Administrator

#1355 [url]

Oct 20 15 8:38 AM

mcfan wrote:
Gawain of Suffolk wrote:
35-40k

Well, on the plus side it may go Gold then. By 2380.

#1356 [url]

Oct 21 15 7:58 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
mcfan wrote:
Gawain of Suffolk wrote:
35-40k

Well, on the plus side it may go Gold then. By 2380.

Wow I didn't realize it did that poorly. Seems like even the hardcore fans didn't buy it :/

mcfan

#Beautiful

#1357 [url]

Oct 21 15 8:29 PM

Well I know I didn't. Maybe when it's on sale.. I need to get some cash first and the original #1's is my priority.

carlos b fly

Administrator

#1359 [url]

Oct 30 15 3:35 PM

mcfan wrote:
MisplacedValidity wrote:
Did Mario mean 135-140k? MIAM sold more than 40k in its opening week.
We ain't talking about MIAM.

You know, speaking of MIAM, someone told me that in a Def Jam interview they claimed MIAM had done 250k WW. I was even surprised at that figure given its terrible sales across the world.

carlos b fly

Administrator

#1360 [url]

Oct 30 15 3:40 PM

Gawain of Suffolk wrote:
Hopefullly they sell the Album at the christmas Concert and in Vegas!

I still think it was terrible shame the album didn't come out later in the year. I know it wasn't a #1 so its a bit cheeky but they could have bolted on AIWFCIY to ride the festive period and done some kind of 'golden ticket' type scenario where VIP tickets to the 2016 Vegas shows were hidden inside certain copies, complete with meet and greet and three nights at Ceasers, etc

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help