Remove this ad

#41 [url]

Apr 1 15 6:03 AM

The industry/music buyers need a female response to Get Lucky, Blurred Lines and Uptown Funk just like they needed in 2005 a female response to Mario Winans and Usher hits

I hope Mariah will deliver the answer again. 

Remove this ad

ThiagoUnlimited

#42 [url]

Apr 5 15 1:11 PM

p0ir0t wrote:
The industry/music buyers need a female response to Get Lucky, Blurred Lines and Uptown Funk just like they needed in 2005 a female response to Mario Winans and Usher hits
I hope Mariah will deliver the answer again. 

100% agreed

#43 [url]

Apr 6 15 4:11 AM

about the cover I just hope it doesn't get weird like the memoirs photo shoot did. My prayers to new ideas and the end of this whole self homage thing that apparently has no end. I was talking to a friend the other day about this and the fact that mariah has been her own concept since mimi if you think about album names and promos lol... naming MIAM was funny and all but enough already!

carlos b fly

Administrator

#44 [url]

Apr 6 15 9:55 AM

collie wrote:
about the cover I just hope it doesn't get weird like the memoirs photo shoot did.

Thankfully, I don't think we'll ever get a shoot like that again. It really was a weird concept from start to finish. How they ended up with those final three shots of Mariah on the cover I'll never know.

jrsoares

#46 [url]

Apr 6 15 10:55 PM

Rory366 wrote:
its mid tempo

Predictable, an uptempo would be a surprise at this point.

Have you already heard it?

Kevon

Administrator

#48 [url]

Apr 7 15 1:33 AM

I thought the idea of her throwing back to her old looks was quite good in theory but it kind of just came out as tackier versions of the original Butterfly and Debut pictures And it made absolutely no sense to do it for Memoirs, I would get the concept for a GH collection, but not on her most un-Mariah sounding album ever.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#49 [url]

Apr 7 15 9:21 AM

AbercrombieGuy1984 wrote:
Why do you think it is Mariah doesn't do very many uptempos? I mean, even her uptempo songs tend to be closer to midtempo...
I just don't think she likes uptempos.

Kevon

Administrator

#50 [url]

Apr 7 15 9:44 AM

^Which is odd because she seems to enjoy doing them live the most. Be it songs like Emotions or lipping til her heart's content to Fantasy.

Remove this ad

kittykow105

#51 [url]

Apr 7 15 12:16 PM

Why do you think it is Mariah doesn't do very many uptempos? I mean, even her uptempo songs tend to be closer to midtempo...
Perhaps it's harder to sing faster?  The mid-tempo with fast singing trend is over, so maybe she just wants to ride with the beat?  Both "#Beautiful" and "Obsessed" were techncially midtempos.  It's just that "Obsessed" could get club play.  

jrsoares

#52 [url]

Apr 7 15 1:13 PM

I don't think Mariah has ever released a true uptempo single besides Someday and Emotions. Fantasy is much more midtempo than uptempo imo.

Kevon

Administrator

#54 [url]

Apr 7 15 4:20 PM

Maybe it's because uptempos generally call for big vocals throughout and we know she's not a big fan of singing songs that are bombastic like that. Which is why Meteorite and YDKWTD were quite a shock.

#55 [url]

Apr 7 15 5:54 PM

I'm curious to see what the title of this will be since #1's and GH have already been used. I'm hoping for a double cd with lots of extras.

carlos b fly

Administrator

#56 [url]

Apr 7 15 6:04 PM

LaDiDa wrote:
I'm curious to see what the title of this will be since #1's and GH have already been used.

What do you mean? Its being called #1's?

#57 [url]

Apr 7 15 7:36 PM

kittykow105 wrote:
Perhaps it's harder to sing faster?  The mid-tempo with fast singing trend is over, so maybe she just wants to ride with the beat?  Both "#Beautiful" and "Obsessed" were techncially midtempos.  It's just that "Obsessed" could get club play.  

It doesn't make sense.  "We Belong Together" is not an uptempo song and some parts she sings faster than some of her midtempos and I find those parts really difficult and she always fails to replicate them live. The tempo of the song has nothing to do with the way you sing.

#58 [url]

Apr 7 15 7:38 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
LaDiDa wrote:
I'm curious to see what the title of this will be since #1's and GH have already been used.

What do you mean? Its being called #1's?

I assume they will change the #1's title a bit to distinguish it from the 1998 release..

#59 [url]

Apr 7 15 8:06 PM

If it's the same main tracklisting as the original and it's a re-release/re-issue, will all sales from the first version and the new one be combined?

#60 [url]

Apr 7 15 8:07 PM

Didn't know where to put it, but I guess this news has something to do with the upcoming video-clip of her new single (or maybe it has something to do with her Christmas movie or the visuals for the Vegas residency?).

Anyway, an Israeli source reports that Mariah and Yoni Bloch (He's an Israeli musician and the founder of Interlude, a digital media company developing and marketing interactive video technologies) have met and are probably working on a project together.
Yoni shared a picture of him and M on his Twitter (although it looks fake as hell Laugh, like a bad Photoshop attempt) under the caption "Viva Mariah".

Interlude did the interactive video for Bob Dylan's "Like a Rolling Stone", which was chosen for the clip of the year by TIME Magazine.

Hopefully, something interesting and different will come out of this. She really needs to improve the visual aspect of her work.

יוני בלוך, מריה קארי  (צילום: פייסבוק ,פייסבוק)

Mariah, You're on Fire!

Last Edited By: TheWholeStory Apr 7 15 8:11 PM. Edited 2 times.

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help