Remove this ad

Lead

Mar 27 15 10:21 PM

Tags : :

cd.png
MARIAH CAREY SIGNED TO EPIC RECORDS BY ANTONIO “L.A."REID 

MARIAH CAREY #1 TO INFINITY ARRIVES MAY 18th ON EPIC RECORDS/COLUMBIA RECORDS/SONY LEGACY, FIRST-EVER COLLECTION OF HER 18 HOT 100 #1 HITS,
MORE THAN ANY SOLO ARTIST IN HISTORY 

“INFINITY” BRAND NEW SINGLE TO BE RELEASED ON APRIL 27th, AND INCLUDED AS 
19th TRACK ON NEW ALBUM COLLECTION 

ACCLAIMED DIRECTOR AND LONGTIME COLLABORATOR BRETT RATNER 
TO DIRECT VIDEO FOR “INFINITY” 

HEADLINING RESIDENCY AT THE COLOSSEUM AT CAESARS PALACE IN LAS VEGAS 
KICKS OFF MAY 6th – TICKETS ON SALE NOW!

(April 13, 2015 – New York, NY) - Multi-platinum global superstar Mariah Carey has been signed to an exclusive contract with Epic Records, a division of Sony Music Entertainment, it was announced today by Antonio ‘L.A.’ Reid, Chairman and CEO, Epic Records. Mariah now returns to Sony Music where her hitmaking career began, with a history-making string of 18 Hot 100 #1 hits that made her the best-selling female artist of all time. 

“I couldn’t be more thrilled to be back together again with Mariah,” said Mr. Reid. “There is really no one who comes close to Mariah as both a songwriter and a singer, and as the world knows, her vocal range is legendary and truly incomparable. Her music is indelibly etched into our culture, and she’s shattered so many chart records that she’s now firmly entrenched in the history books. With a fierce and loyal fan base that covers every corner of the globe, I have no doubt Mariah will do it again." 

Mariah’s first album release will be Mariah Carey #1 To Infinity, arriving in stores May 18th on Epic Records / Columbia Records/Sony Legacy. For the first time ever, one career-spanning chronological collection will gather all 18 of her Billboard Hot 100 #1 singles (17 self-penned), more than any solo artist in history. Included as the final track on the collection is Mariah’s breathtaking new single, “Infinity” (co-written and produced by Mariah). Fans who pre-order the album now will receive a special gift. 

Monday, April 27th marks the global premiere of both new single “Infinity” and the stunning Brett Ratner-lensed accompanying video. That same day, Mariah has a spectacular kick-off event planned in Las Vegas to celebrate her upcoming Caesars Palace Vegas Residency. Stay tuned for more details ! 

The #1 chart hits on Mariah Carey #1 To Infinity, range from “Vision of Love” and “Love Takes Time” in 1990, through “Thank God I Found You” (featuring Joe & 98 Degrees) in 2000, to “We Belong Together” (#1 for 14 weeks, the second longest running #1 in U.S. chart history, named the Most Popular Song of the 2000s Decade by Billboard, second only to Mariah’s own “One Sweet Day” featuring Boyz II Men, 16 weeks at #1 in 1995, named the Most Popular Song of the 1990s), to “Don’t Forget About Us,” and “Touch My Body,” to name just a few. 

“MARIAH CAREY #1’s,” her headlining residency at the Colosseum at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, will kick-off on May 6th, in between the release of “Infinity" and Mariah Carey #1 To Infinity. For the first time ever, Mariah will perform all 18 of her #1 hits in one production, designed exclusively for the Colosseum, also featuring fan-favorite album cuts, never-before-performed songs, and other surprises. Presented jointly by AEG Live and Caesars Palace, tickets to the first 18 performances in 2015 are on-sale now: May 6, 9, 10, 13, 16, 17, 20, 23, 24; and July 8, 11, 12, 15, 18, 19, 22, 25, 26. To purchase tickets, go to: thecolosseum.com or axs.com

large.jpg
PRE-ORDER NOW!

MARIAH CAREY #1 TO INFINITY: 
(All titles #1 on Billboard Hot 100 chart) 

1. “Vision of Love” (4 weeks, 1990)
2. “Love Takes Time” (3 weeks, 1990)
3. “Someday” (MTV Unplugged version) (2 weeks, 1991)
4. “I Don’t Wanna Cry” (2 weeks, 1991)
5. “Emotions” (3 weeks, 1991)
6. “I’ll Be There” (featuring Trey Lorenz) (2 weeks, 1992)
7. “Dreamlover” (8 weeks, 1993)
8. “Hero” (4 weeks, 1993)
9. “Fantasy” (Bad Boy Fantasy featuring O.D.B.) (8 weeks, 1995)
10. “One Sweet Day” (featuring Boyz II Men) (16 weeks,1995-1996)
11. “Always Be My Baby” (2 weeks, 1996)
12. “Honey” (3 weeks, 1997)
13. “My All” (1 week, 1998)
14. “Heartbreaker” (featuring Jay-Z) (2 weeks, 1999)
15. “Thank God I Found You” (featuring Joe & 98 Degrees) (1 week, 2000)
16. “We Belong Together” (14 weeks, 2005)
17. “Don’t Forget About Us” (2 weeks, 2005)
18. “Touch My Body” (2 weeks, 2008)
19. “Infinity” (2015) 

Last Edited By: ShayneFly Apr 14 15 2:00 AM. Edited 5 times

Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Mar 27 15 11:48 PM

Just hearing Mariah and Brett talking about a "new song" makes me excited to know more about it. Hopefully we'll get it by the end of April.

jrsoares

#2 [url]

Mar 28 15 12:41 AM

I'm curious and nervous abou the cover. The #1's cover is so iconic, hardly anything will top that. I hope they use some never released picture, like they did wih GH.

MissyJG

#3 [url]

Mar 28 15 2:37 AM

I'm always a little nervous about the images/visuals even what she is going to wear makes me nervous sometimes. Lol. Hope the cover and new video is gonna be good.

Last Edited By: MissyJG Mar 28 15 2:40 AM. Edited 1 time.

Kevon

Administrator

#4 [url]

Mar 28 15 4:46 AM

jrsoares wrote:
I'm curious and nervous abou the cover. The #1's cover is so iconic, hardly anything will top that. I hope they use some never released picture, like they did wih GH.
I don't know, she would get slated for using a 15 year old picture. I think it should just be something clean and elegant, possibly a black and white cover similar to the originals but just a face shot. None of this overly photoshopped messout like the MIAM cover.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

mcfan

#Beautiful

#7 [url]

Mar 28 15 10:59 AM

Things I'm gonna need:

- Promo on point
- Music video to slay a bit so she can book a viral streaming mess out
- Mimi to book Arsenio and give a "Vision of Love" slayage 25 years later
- Some kind of tribute at an awards show

carlos b fly

Administrator

#8 [url]

Mar 28 15 11:16 AM

Kevon wrote:
jrsoares wrote:
I don't know, she would get slated for using a 15 year old picture. I think it should just be something clean and elegant, possibly a black and white cover similar to the originals but just a face shot.

I'd definitely like some kind of homage to the original cover, it feels appropriate. A face shot would be a nice way to do it in black and white.

NhWxMaN

#9 [url]

Mar 28 15 12:06 PM

mcfan wrote:
Things I'm gonna need:

- Promo on point

arsenio's show got cancelled last year

jrsoares

#10 [url]

Mar 28 15 2:38 PM

mcfan wrote:
Things I'm gonna need:

- Promo on point

The Billboard Awards is coming up in May, isn't it? It seems very appropriated.

Remove this ad

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#12 [url]

Mar 28 15 10:54 PM

Kanye wrote:
^

Aside from the awkward Photoshopping and bad outfits, the video isn't that bad. A bit boring, and more could've been done with the song, but she looks gorgeous (her face anyway) and it's shot beautifully.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

CoCoLambMC

Hit me with your best shot!

#13 [url]

Mar 29 15 2:12 AM

Do y'all think the track list will remain in the same order as the original? Starting with a new song, then Touch My Body..... ending with Vision?

carlos b fly

Administrator

#14 [url]

Mar 29 15 9:15 AM

CoCoLambMC wrote:
Do y'all think the track list will remain in the same order as the original? Starting with a new song, then Touch My Body..... ending with Vision?

Hard to say. Personally, I'm a believer in tight and appealing track listing over sequential. So I'd rather they put the BIG hits first (WBT, Fantasy, Hero) up and leave stuff like TGIFY towards the end. Sequential can be very weak in some ways. That Sony 2001 GH was such a bad way to do it and made it feel all very uneven to me on a top to bottom listen.

#15 [url]

Mar 29 15 10:00 AM

CoCoLambMC wrote:

I hope she'll start with Vision Of Love and then down to Touch My Body. That way it's a nice journey through the years and easy to find the song you want to hear.

As a cover sleeve somehing in the vein of the first edition would be nice, so it's clear it's sort of a sister album to that one: black and white with Mariah iconicly standing in the middle. (brand new picture of course)

Mariah Carey Madonna Celine Dion Lara Fabian Whitney Tina Arena Janet Jackson Toni Braxton Debbie Gibson 

Bigsteel 00

#16 [url]

Mar 29 15 11:54 AM

The New Album: #1s Re-Release Discussion Thread

The only bad video Brett has ever done for her was HATEU and that's just because it was awkward. I'm looking forward to this song and video. He's never done a bad 1st video for her.

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#18 [url]

Mar 29 15 5:52 PM

Vincent wrote:
Kanye wrote:
^

Aside from the awkward Photoshopping and bad outfits, the video isn't that bad. A bit boring, and more could've been done with the song, but she looks gorgeous (her face anyway) and it's shot beautifully.

Brett really does know how to shoot her; she nearly always looks incredible in his videos. Did he direct "TGIFY," too? She is stunning in that video.

roi17

#19 [url]

Mar 29 15 6:00 PM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
Vincent wrote:
Kanye wrote:
^

Brett really does know how to shoot her; she nearly always looks incredible in his videos. Did he direct "TGIFY," too? She is stunning in that video.

The original? Yes. The remix was directed by Sanaa Hamri. 

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#20 [url]

Mar 29 15 6:01 PM

^ Yeah, I think she looks incredible in the original. I don't mean that as shade to the remix video, but that one had a different quality to it (that grainy effect).

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help