Remove this ad

Kevon

Administrator

#41 [url]

Apr 28 15 4:38 AM

^I saw this posted the other day and someone was battling off comments about it being autotuned saying the producer said nothing was done on her voice.

I was like, Gurl, the producer is straight up lying, anyone with functioning ears can hear that

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#42 [url]

Apr 30 15 6:00 PM

A clip of Tom's Diner without the vocal effects- people don't know if this is what the official version will sound like or if this is the demo version.

WHY would they add those effects? I think she sounds great, she's got a really sweet natural tone (especially for a talk-singing type song like this).

Quote    Reply   

#43 [url]

Apr 30 15 10:37 PM

The Pretty Girls single cover is batsh*t crazy. smiley: laugh

j9orw1.jpg

*Fixed link - image had been taken down*

[USERNAME REMOVED BY REQUEST] wrote:
Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

Last Edited By: seanjonmc May 2 15 2:36 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#46 [url]

May 2 15 2:37 AM

Preview of the song and video! Video looks pretty cute, but not sure about the song from this preview...

Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

Quote    Reply   

#50 [url]

May 2 15 9:31 PM

I don't care for it. I'm kind of disappointed.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#51 [url]

May 3 15 4:40 AM

I like it. It's almost R&B in places and I actually thought the melody and instrumentation on the bridge reminded me of so,e of Mariah's stuff. (obviously not the vocals!)

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#52 [url]

May 3 15 9:36 AM

Deceptively bad off the bat but actually, give it a chance - I found it was okay about two minutes in and it kind of won me over. It is indeed a bit Hollaback Girl but more gentle in production which makes it a lot less grating and more pleasant to bop along to. Its better than the stuff off Britney Jean if only because its got a bit of character to it. Auto-pilot Britney songs are terrible so I appreciate her giving a little bit of spunk with her delivery. It sounds like she's not singing this stuff from her bed this time inbetween ad breaks of Days Of Our Lives.

I've always liked Iggy's rapping so another plus.

Not bad.

Quote    Reply   

#53 [url]

May 3 15 3:54 PM

I really like it! It's a grower (but, like a 1 or 2 listens grower)-- I love Britney's delivery and I love the production over the chorus. If the video is fire (which it looks like they put a lot of effort into it) and they give a great performance at the BBMA's, this could be a pretty big hit for both of them.

Quote    Reply   

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#54 [url]

May 3 15 5:12 PM

It sounds like Gwen Stefani when she tried to sound like Britney in 2006 or whatever.

That being said, it's fun, catchy and I like it. I don't use Iggy but it is what it is

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#55 [url]

May 4 15 6:22 AM

I can't believe even with Iggy's verse the song is 2:44 long. Don't like it. But then I haven't really liked anything she's done since 'ITZ' so I'm not surprised.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

#57 [url]

May 4 15 11:07 AM

Yeah, it is really short.

Audio up on Youtube:

Quote    Reply   

#58 [url]

May 4 15 11:18 AM

seanjonmc wrote:
The Pretty Girls single cover is batsh*t crazy. smiley: laugh

j9orw1.jpg

*Fixed link - image had been taken down*

The video is apparently going to pay homage to the 1989 movie Earth Girls Are Easy.

1989-earth-girls-are-easy-poster1.jpg

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#60 [url]

May 4 15 1:53 PM

I have to also say, that single cover is great.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help