breakbreakdown

#501 [url]

Aug 29 16 7:49 AM

^Oh. Didn't she perform after Beyoncé?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#502 [url]

Aug 29 16 12:02 PM

^ Yes, that was the most unfortunate part. Whoever scheduled her to go 5 minutes after Beyonce is a damn a-hole.

Anyway, it was without a doubt her best televised performance in a decade. She looked comfortable, energetic, fluid, and sexy. She had great chemistry with G Eazy too-- it looked like he tried to kiss her at the end! (who can blame him) My only complaint is that I wanted her to perform more songs from her amazing album!! In my fantasy, she did a little medley that included "If I'm Dancing".

Either way, Make Me is #2 in iTunes!

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#504 [url]

Aug 29 16 12:51 PM

Impressed by this album. Easily her best since ITZ and a return to form. The production is a lot earthier, diverse and lets Britney shine more with her personality now she's not locked away behind relentless EDM beats. There's just so much more charisma coming from her and the songs this time. This felt like the kind of album you'd get from a total pop icon rather than the utterly detached, disposable offerings of the last decade. It all feels much more energised and exciting. My favourites would be -

Do Wanna Come Over?

Make Me

Man On The Moon

Clumsy

Just Like Me

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#505 [url]

Aug 29 16 12:54 PM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
mcfan wrote:
BeyondIdolization wrote:
I like it but it sounds too much like her past singles imo.
It's an easy hit though and she kinda needs one. It actually should've been the lead. 

I don't think so, radio has shunned her last couple of dance singles. She needed something different. But of the dancier songs, Clumsy sounds more like a hit to me.

I'd go with Clumsy too. Nothing wrong with Do You Wanna Come Over but I think its all the things people got bored of with Britney the last few albums and will do as poor. I suspect people want less dance and more pop + personality from Britney now.  

Quote    Reply   

#506 [url]

Aug 29 16 1:01 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
I'd go with Clumsy too. Nothing wrong with Do You Wanna Come Over but I think its all the things people got bored of with Britney the last few albums and will do as poor. I suspect people want less dance and more pop + personality from Britney now.  
Hmmm, interesting-- you think Clumsy has more personality in it than DYWCO? I think the exact opposite-- I live for Britney's delivery of the line "do you wanna come over?" 

So happy to see everyone here enjoys the album! I'm personally hoping for Man On The Moon as the 2nd single. It's so catchy and different, with classic Britney personality. It's my favorite song on the album and I can't stop listening to it-- the intensity of the bridge with her chanting and then counting down from 5 in French is so amazing I can't even deal smiley: eek 

Then I'd go with Just Luv Me as 3rd single, and then either DYWCO or If I'm Dancing (just for fun).

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#507 [url]

Aug 29 16 1:19 PM

jamiclever wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
Hmmm, interesting-- you think Clumsy has more personality in it than DYWCO? I think the exact opposite-- I live for Britney's delivery of the line "do you wanna come over?" 

I just think people will hear those more dance beats and will tune out, see it as more of those borderline Euro dance, faceless trash she was phoning it. I like both songs but Clumsy feels more spunky, more catchy and has more personality.

Quote    Reply   

Gospelartist03

#509 [url]

Aug 30 16 12:19 AM

they really need to push this album right and set up the promotion to her strength. I was honestly shocked at how good it was/is  It should right now be sitting at #1 on itunes
MTV last night was a descent promo (got the song to #2) but it was a night about other people mostly, the album if pushed right can really grow to be a huge seller and her label/management hopefully can execute great plans next few weeks and months since she is willing to put in the work!

Quote    Reply   

#510 [url]

Aug 30 16 1:21 AM

Didn't get to watch the VMA's but just watched Britney's performance on her VEVO account

Solid performance. Heard it looked weak after Beyonce's (who slayed like usual) but I didn't watch it like that, so I don't have that bias lol. The dancing was a lot smoother here than her Billboard performance. She looked comfortable on stage, seemed well rehearsed, loved her outfit. I wish she had performed another song or whatever the next single from Glory is, instead of "Me, Myself & I," so that was kind of a wasted opportunity to showcase the album she just released. Overall, a pleasing, safe performance that won't be remembered in the long run but was good. I'd give it a B grade.

I was able to buy the Glory physical CD on Saturday after going to a far away Target - I dunno what was up with it not being available - and so far I am LOVING it. I'll try to post more thoughts later, I'm still letting it sink in, but standouts are Invitation,  Man On The Moon, Just Luv Me, Slumber Party, Just Like Me, Liar, and Coupure Electrique.

Glory sounds nothing like her past several albums and reminds me more of In the Zone, which is still my favorite album of hers. Very impressed with Britney this era!

[USERNAME REMOVED BY REQUEST] wrote:
Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#511 [url]

Aug 30 16 1:26 AM

carlos b fly wrote:
jamiclever wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:

I just think people will hear those more dance beats and will tune out, see it as more of those borderline Euro dance, faceless trash she was phoning it. I like both songs but Clumsy feels more spunky, more catchy and has more personality.

Agreed. As a song I like DYWCO better, but Clumsy I felt was immediately catchy and something you took notice of right away. DYWCO is a bit more anonymous and more like her previous stuff. But as jami said, Man on the Moon is also a contender- it's just such a great song and very addictive too.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#512 [url]

Aug 30 16 5:01 AM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
jamiclever wrote:

Agreed. As a song I like DYWCO better, but Clumsy I felt was immediately catchy and something you took notice of right away. DYWCO is a bit more anonymous and more like her previous stuff. 

Yes, I think 'anonymous' is a much better way to describe DYWCO. It does have personality, I just think it feels more distant and Britney has had more than enough of those types of songs the last decade.

Quote    Reply   

#513 [url]

Aug 30 16 12:46 PM

Make Me holding strong at #2 on iTunes, and Britney was just announced as a performer on the Today Show for this week (it will probably be a televised performance from her Vegas show). She's also gonna be on Ellen next week, and a "reliable insider" (whatever that means) says she's gonna be the first performer on SNL this year. SO so proud of Brit Brit!!

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

In the sands of time

#515 [url]

Aug 30 16 2:56 PM

Disappointing. Hopefully it can rise throughout the week.

Florida Georgia Line (BMLGR/BMLG) 140-150k SPS, 130-135k album
Barbra Streisand (Columbia) 128-133k, 125-130k
Britney Spears (RCA) 105-115k, 90-95k

Also apparently the VMAs ratings plummeted by 34%, with 6.5 m viewers (the 2011 peak managed 12.4 m viewers).

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#516 [url]

Aug 30 16 3:04 PM

Well to be honest, with Rihanna taking up so much time and Beyonce, if you're not a fan of either of them then there really wasn't much for you.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

In the sands of time

#517 [url]

Aug 30 16 3:06 PM

Just watched the perf- very basic and the stage looked too bare. Why didn't they go with something sexy like they did with the jungle setting for IASFY? I mean even her disastrous 2007 perf had a better-looking stage and more going on.

Quote    Reply   

#518 [url]

Aug 30 16 4:36 PM

I don't think anyone was "blown away" by it, but watching it again-- she was the best part of the performance. The staging could have been better for sure, and she messed up a word or 2 lipping, but-- and this is coming from a huge stan (obviously)-- after watching her live performances over the past 9 years (basically, since the disastrous 2007 VMAs), this was the most energetic and present Britney we've gotten in a long time. Between this and the Billboard Awards performance, I think she's laying the groundwork to do more daring things in the future.

Also, they are releasing the mashup of Make Me and Me Myself & I for streaming-- it sounds really good, and her team is now doing a pretty good job of trying to help her out.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#519 [url]

Aug 30 16 4:41 PM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
Just watched the perf- very basic and the stage looked too bare. Why didn't they go with something sexy like they did with the jungle setting for IASFY? I mean even her disastrous 2007 perf had a better-looking stage and more going on.

After it got past the hands on the screen bit, I felt it was very basic and exposed in terms of staging. She needed more dancers on stage at least.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#520 [url]

Aug 30 16 4:44 PM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
Disappointing. Hopefully it can rise throughout the week.

Florida Georgia Line (BMLGR/BMLG) 140-150k SPS, 130-135k album
Barbra Streisand (Columbia) 128-133k, 125-130k
Britney Spears (RCA) 105-115k, 90-95k

Being outsold by Barbra is pretty bad. A shame as well, given its a strong album. I think she needs to knuckle down with more promo. This bare minimum through gritted teeth approach is no good for such a fundamental pop artist. People love her and are fascinated by Britney. Get her on more TV screens, do more performances.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help