Remove this ad

#481 [url]

Aug 26 16 2:55 PM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
jamiclever wrote:
It's obvious that the more involved she is, the better the output (both vocally and musically)

I agree, I just don't know how most of these songs would sound live. I doubt she could pull off the airy vocals live for example.
Oh-- singing them live is another issue smiley: laugh To be fair, I imagine Britney does a lot of takes and gets into different characters to pull off a lot of these vocals in the studio. I doubt she'd be able to replicate them live. She did replicate her BOMT vocals nearly exactly in carpool karaoke though smiley: wink

Meanwhile, Make Me is now up to #4 on iTunes just from karaoke... I have a feeling she'll be #1 after the VMAs.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

mcfan

#Beautiful

#483 [url]

Aug 26 16 3:05 PM

jamiclever wrote:

Meanwhile, Make Me is now up to #4 on iTunes just from karaoke... I have a feeling she'll be #1 after the VMAs.
There's a well timed discount for it too and it's album release week. Her team seems to be pulling all the necessary strings for her. 

Hopefully the album sales match the hype. She should be able to do at least around 125-140k. Britney Eugene debuted with 107k in December. 

Quote    Reply   

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#485 [url]

Aug 26 16 3:36 PM

jamiclever wrote:

"Feelings" are dangerous. The Chainsmokers song that has been #1 by double the #2 song for awhile now will also be performed at the VMAs, which will obviously help it as well.

Quote    Reply   

#486 [url]

Aug 26 16 3:37 PM

So this woman Karen Kwak is the executive producer of Glory, and she was brought on after Pretty Girls:

Karen Kwak, the executive producer of “Glory,” came onboard after “Pretty Girls.” “[‘Pretty Girls’] wasn’t original,” she says. “Britney wanted to do things that were fresh and unexpected this time.”

It shows in the album, with sexually themed songs, such as “Do You Wanna Come Over?” and “Clumsy,” and a variety of styles — dance-pop, R&B and even a track sung in French.

“There was never a moment where she was given a song, and anybody said, ‘This is a hit. You have to sing it,’ ” adds Kwak. “Britney pursued the songs she wanted to do for herself. She came up with concepts and melodies. It’s her baby.”

The regular Las Vegas shows have given Britney structure and helped put the mess behind her.

“It’s like being an athlete. If you’re doing it that much, you’re getting yourself into shape,” says Kwak. “She was always ready to work during the album sessions, and it was very important to her to be done by a certain time so she could pick up her boys [Sean and Jayden] from school.”
http://nypost.com/2016/08/25/britney-spears-to-stage-comeback-at-site-of-her-most-public-failure/

Her resume is quite impressive, including working with Queen Mimi quite a bit.

http://www.allmusic.com/artist/karen-kwak-mn0001470882 

She was A&R for Me. I Am Mariah, MCIIY, Memoirs, E=MC2, and TEOM. She was also A&R on Loud (Rihanna) and Believe (Justin Bieber).

[USERNAME REMOVED BY REQUEST] wrote:
Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#487 [url]

Aug 26 16 3:38 PM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
mcfan wrote:
"Do You Wanna Come Over?" should be the next single.
I like it but it sounds too much like her past singles imo.
It's an easy hit though and she kinda needs one. It actually should've been the lead. 

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#488 [url]

Aug 26 16 3:47 PM

mcfan wrote:
BeyondIdolization wrote:
mcfan wrote:
"Do You Wanna Come Over?" should be the next single.
It's an easy hit though and she kinda needs one. It actually should've been the lead. 

I don't think so, radio has shunned her last couple of dance singles. She needed something different. But of the dancier songs, Clumsy sounds more like a hit to me.

Quote    Reply   

#489 [url]

Aug 26 16 3:49 PM

^ Lol, I'll try not to get too deep into my "feelings".

I'm for DYWCO as the next single-- I think it might be what the general public wanna hear from Britney. I also absolutely love it too-- I just really hope this album can get to 4 singles. Britney seems like she's willing to do the work.

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#490 [url]

Aug 26 16 3:53 PM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
mcfan wrote:
BeyondIdolization wrote:

I don't think so, radio has shunned her last couple of dance singles. She needed something different. But of the dancier songs, Clumsy sounds more like a hit to me.

Well it's not like "Make Me" has been a smash at Pop radio. I thought it'd do better, but apparently the call-out scores weren't that good. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

mcfan

#Beautiful

#491 [url]

Aug 26 16 4:09 PM

I'm listening to the album now:

"Man on the Moon" is a bop what kinda "China Love" uptempo remix teas in the breakdown? Ariana Grande where were ya?

"Clumsy" and "Private Show" have the worst vocals on the album easily. 

I like the reggae vibe of "Slumber Party"

Come on Brit for giving us an acoustic tea on "Just Like Me"! Madonna where were ya?

What is this rock n roll tea on "What You Need"? Too bad for the Minnie Mouse vocals

"Better" is what Gwen Stefani should've served.

"Change Your Mind" is giving me early 00s European one hit wonder teas #nostalgia

I heard "Liar" is a JT dragging.. any confirmation?

"Coupure Electrique" is kinda everything with this The Weeknd tea.. Céline where were ya?

Last Edited By: mcfan Aug 26 16 4:12 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#492 [url]

Aug 26 16 4:20 PM

Vincent wrote:
This is definitely sounding like it could be my favorite Britney album. I know y'all go up for In The Zone and I bought a used copy a while back but wasn't too impressed.

I agree that as a whole Glory is a better album than ITZ. ITZ had more standout 'singles', but this album is stronger as a cohesive unit.

Quote    Reply   

#493 [url]

Aug 26 16 5:03 PM

mcfan wrote:
 "Man on the Moon" is a bop what kinda "China Love" uptempo remix teas in the breakdown? Ariana Grande where were ya?

Come on Brit for giving us an acoustic tea on "Just Like Me"! Madonna where were ya?

"Coupure Electrique" is kinda everything with this The Weeknd tea.. Céline where were ya?
smiley: rollsmiley: rollsmiley: roll

Quote    Reply   

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#495 [url]

Aug 26 16 7:09 PM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
Vincent wrote:This is definitely sounding like it could be my favorite Britney album. I know y'all go up for In The Zone and I bought a used copy a while back but wasn't too impressed.

I agree that as a whole Glory is a better album than ITZ. ITZ had more standout 'singles', but this album is stronger as a cohesive unit.

Yeah, her only albums I listened in full were the first 4 and then I gave Britney Jean a spin because I loved "Work !+!%$" ...but that sucked so I never looked back Her first three albums are nothing more than vehicles for singles, the non-singles pretty much suck IMO. ITZ is okay but this is way better.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#496 [url]

Aug 26 16 9:06 PM

jamiclever wrote:
mcfan wrote:

smiley: rollsmiley: rollsmiley: roll

Britney kinda BODIED the three of them effortlessly. 

Quote    Reply   

#497 [url]

Aug 26 16 9:16 PM

^ Tbh, I would rather hear Britney deliver a song than anyone else in music (other than Mariah, but-- that's different: she creates her own songs). Britney's personality and spunk just add something to a song that no one else can.

Make Me almost at #3 in iTunes, Glory is #1 worldwide, and Carpool Karaoke already has almost 4 million views. SLAY a bit miss Brinty!!

Quote    Reply   

#498 [url]

Aug 26 16 10:35 PM

Not that anyone cares but whatever. After a LONG day of work and happy hour, I drove to Target to buy the CD and....they didn't have any left. Then I went to Best Buy....and they had 2 copies of the standard edition. WTF. I'm so annoyed I haven't heard this album yet. I'm *this close* to saying f*ck it and just finding it online.

[USERNAME REMOVED BY REQUEST] wrote:
Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

Quote    Reply   

#500 [url]

Aug 28 16 11:52 PM

Britney performed "Make Me" at the VMAs. She did really well. So happy to see her back performing with energy.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help