Remove this ad

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#463 [url]

Aug 25 16 12:29 PM

jamiclever wrote:
BeyondIdolization wrote:
What a great album! Aside from a couple of throwaway tracks I pretty much like the whole album. I'm like shocked lol.

Just Luv Me is my favorite- gorgeous! It could be a Brandy track.

Invitation- ethereal, stunning!

Man on the Moon- a 'strange' but awesome track, hard to define- almost a little 'Asian'-sounding

Clumsy- would probably be a hit, I can see myself liking it more in a club with the proper bass

Do You Wanna Come Over- love the 'Nobody should be alone if they don't have to be' parts, don't like the other parts as much

If I'm Dancing- another 'strange' track but really cool, dreamy, hypnotic

Coupure Electrique- what kinda Kate Bush mess-out? I love it.

All in all I'm very impressed that she took chances and experimented on this album. This is the album 'Lemonade' wishes it was.
YAAASSSS at you loving the album-- it's SO good!!! But wait-- no love for "Slumber Party"?? Or "Liar"? That's my fave right now. Though my fave changes every time I listen to it. And yes "Just Luv Me" is a career highlight for her-- if you listen to the lyrics, a lot of people think the song is about whatever "mental issues" she has and how she doesn't want anyone's sympathy, she just wants someone to love her.

Don't you think her voice sounds great throughout?! I didn't think Britney would ever sound this strong and confident. Best vocals we've ever gotten from her.

I like Slumber Party a lot, it's grown on me with subsequent listens. Liar is terrible. I deleted Liar, Private Show, and What You Need.

Vocally it's a lot more diverse than what she usually does, I hear some Brandyesque vocal arrangements in there. But I mean it's hard to know how much of that is Britney and how much is studio trickery and backup singers lol.

Quote    Reply   

#464 [url]

Aug 25 16 6:50 PM

OMG-- lol, Liar is a lot of people's favorite on the album. To each his own, I suppose.

Also, at this point-- can't we give Britney some credit for her vocals? It's obvious that the more involved she is, the better the output (both vocally and musically)-- so, after 17 years, I'm inclined to say she's got more talent than people give her credit for.

PS-- you London guys should see her at the Apple Music Festival!! Seeing Britney on that small stage-- I'd explode!

Quote    Reply   

#465 [url]

Aug 25 16 7:26 PM

I opened Spotify today and there was a pop-up notification saying this album is now available for streaming.
So I downloaded it and listened to it on my way to work. I'm impressed. I really like it so far. I'm only up to "Love Me Down" at the moment.

Quote    Reply   

#467 [url]

Aug 25 16 10:54 PM

CUTE Apple Music commercial!

[USERNAME REMOVED BY REQUEST] wrote:
Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#468 [url]

Aug 26 16 2:36 AM

carlos b fly wrote:
Kevon wrote:
Yes! It was on the tip of my tongue laugh.gif

"I think you were drunk like you blatantly are right now, Sam."
"Drunk? I'm an actress. I don't need to drink to be like this" *slurs words* laugh.gif

I love it when she basically just gives in to any kind of rational debate and becomes a wild mess. A snapshot of FOMM life smiley: laugh

imageimageimage

The way to automatically win any argument "Shame about your tiny c*ck tho" smiley: laugh

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

#469 [url]

Aug 26 16 3:50 AM

The full segment! OMG it's like all of a sudden she has her old spark back. I can say with no exaggeration this video has more personality in it that all off 2011-2013 combined. 

She seems like she's in such a great place right now.

Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#470 [url]

Aug 26 16 5:18 AM

Kevon wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
Kevon wrote:
Yes! It was on the tip of my tongue laugh.gif

"I think you were drunk like you blatantly are right now, Sam."
"Drunk? I'm an actress. I don't need to drink to be like this" *slurs words* laugh.gif

I love it when she basically just gives in to any kind of rational debate and becomes a wild mess. A snapshot of FOMM life smiley: laugh

imageimageimage

The way to automatically win any argument "Shame about your tiny c*ck tho" smiley: laugh

I'll be waiting to say that to you next time in the Ariana thread.

Last Edited By: carlos b fly Aug 26 16 5:23 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

breakbreakdown

#471 [url]

Aug 26 16 7:55 AM

I was very disappointed in the carpool karaoke. I mean, not knowing the meaning of O...IDA???? The blasphemy !!! And the climax of the song was cut out!!! Like... 0 connection. Her train of thought seemed blurry too (I want to find a man first , have babies, I'm done with man, I may frenchkiss...). Ok, I may be like that as well, but ANYWAY... I just loved the BBOMT segment, the best one. And it made for the whole thing. She still looks pretty much medicated to me and that's sad to watch.

Quote    Reply   

#474 [url]

Aug 26 16 12:33 PM

Ok, I think I've decided my favorite song off the album is...

Man On The Moon!!! What kind of classic song is this? ONLY Britney Spears could pull a song like this off by the way. I hope this is a single at some point-- I don't even care how it does. Flawless, stunning, perfect.

More great reviews:

Rolling Stone: Britney Spears 'Glory' is another fantastic comeback
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/albumreviews/review-britney-spears-glory-w436225

AllMusic - 4/5 stars
http://www.allmusic.com/album/glory-mw0002970495

Boston Globe: Britney Spears sounds like she's having fun again
https://www.bostonglobe.com/arts/music/2016/08/24/untethered-from-big-hit-expectations-britney-spears-sounds-like-she-having-fun-her-new/fSkkxDxDBgPo3O77joGLeL/story.html

The Guardian - Britney Spears: Glory - Track by track review of a triumphant return

Last Edited By: jamiclever Aug 26 16 12:36 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#476 [url]

Aug 26 16 12:58 PM

Dang the Apple music commercial is already down. You might be able to watch it here: https://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/aug/26/britney-spears-ee-ad-apple-music-james-corden-carpool-karaoke-kevin-bacon

It's not available in my country though. It's pretty funny, and Kevin Bacon wears the Oops! catsuit.

Quote    Reply   

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#477 [url]

Aug 26 16 1:19 PM

Yeah I didn't get all that much spark from the car pool karaoke. It reminded me a lot of Mariah's one, actually. Both showed a bit of their humor and sang a bit (but more so did little spoken ad-libs), but on the whole both were also kind of flat and lacked real energy.

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

In the sands of time

#478 [url]

Aug 26 16 2:10 PM

jamiclever wrote:
It's obvious that the more involved she is, the better the output (both vocally and musically)

I agree, I just don't know how most of these songs would sound live. I doubt she could pull off the airy vocals live for example.

Quote    Reply   

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#479 [url]

Aug 26 16 2:12 PM

This is definitely sounding like it could be my favorite Britney album. I know y'all go up for In The Zone and I bought a used copy a while back but wasn't too impressed.

This will be the first Britney album I have bought since...the Britney album.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

In the sands of time

#480 [url]

Aug 26 16 2:20 PM

jamiclever wrote:

Man On The Moon!!! What kind of classic song is this? ONLY Britney Spears could pull a song like this off by the way. I hope this is a single at some point-- I don't even care how it does. Flawless, stunning, perfect.

Agreed. I think as far as singles; Clumsy, then MOTM.

Also-- where's the love for Just Like Me? Definitely another favorite...

It's great, definitely one of the standouts for me now.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help