#41 [url]

Jan 15 15 2:27 PM

She better release a DVD too

Remove this ad

#42 [url]

Jan 15 15 2:34 PM

OMG I CAN'T BREATHE I JUST GOT 4 TICKETS TO SEE HER ON SATURDAY JULY 25TH

[USERNAME REMOVED BY REQUEST] wrote:
Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

vinjer

#44 [url]

Jan 15 15 2:51 PM

robjv1 wrote:
I am guessing Someday and IDWC are gonna find themselves part of a very brief medley

LOL, Im afraid you are totally right .Still, I secretly hope that while being forced and paid millions to do (parts of ) them, she will somehow suddenly grasp the incomparable greatness of her early music-which is some of the best music ever recorded!
I was thinking ...why did she have to shade some songs on Ellen while being there basically to make people pay to go listen to these same songs, LOL,

And L.A. was on the show with her? Does this and the fact that they're reissuing #1s mean that she may finally be going back to SONY?

jrsoares

#45 [url]

Jan 15 15 2:57 PM

Ginger1 wrote:
In celebration of Mariah's groundbreaking record, and in tandem with the concert series, Mariah is working on a new edition of her worldwide best-selling album #1's. Set to include all 18 of her number one hits, along with newly recorded music, the album will be released later this year.

All new, never heard before songs, or newly recorded from her last album?
Considering the new #1's album is getting released in late 2015, calling anything recorded for MIAM "newly recorded music" is a bit of a stretch, don't you think?

I'm thinking they will use the same stratategy used in '98: #1 songs + a couple of new songs + couple of remixes.

Kevon

Administrator

#46 [url]

Jan 15 15 2:58 PM

I missed that in the press release. New music?! OOOOEMMMMMMGEEEEE! I'd love if it were 2-disc set with her doing different versions of songs. Like, she doesn't like IDWC, for example, how would she do it now? Acoustic versions etc.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

robjv1

Posts: 10,760 True in love and wisdom, well off and witty, using god's sleeve to wipe the hell off the city.

#48 [url]

Jan 15 15 3:22 PM

Kevon wrote:
robjv1 wrote:
I am guessing Someday and IDWC are gonna find themselves part of a very brief medley tongue.gif

Truth. An acapella snippet. Someday will play whilst dancers do a routine during a costume change

And you know she'll fire a sound engineer on the spot if she hears any of those drums at the start of Someday before she's totally off stage. Bitches better think twice before they hit the space bar

DutchLamb

#50 [url]

Jan 15 15 3:37 PM

Nice. Very fitting for her 25th anniversary. It would be cool if she revisits each era (hair, outfits, videos) and recreates this on stage for ultimate nostalgia. A bit tacky maybe but it's Vegas after all. There has to be a theme of some sort.
Dying to hear Someday live!

Remove this ad

robjv1

Posts: 10,760 True in love and wisdom, well off and witty, using god's sleeve to wipe the hell off the city.

#51 [url]

Jan 15 15 3:38 PM

tl2mc wrote:
The packages are pretty pricey We Belong Together package is $1500, and the Beautiful package is $750.!!! I might just do a few more shows instead of putting up cash for one of them, although tho photo opp would be awesome, but I'd probably be a hot mess anyway just freeze and not say a word haha!!!! I found like 6th-8th row seats under the general tickets... Hopefully they're still there later today once Ive planned out when I can go !!!

Lemme know what dates you go for! I'm gonna go to a couple at least myself, but I can't look at tickets till tonight either.

robjv1

#52 [url]

Jan 15 15 3:41 PM

Kevon wrote:
I missed that in the press release. New music?! OOOOEMMMMMMGEEEEE! I'd love if it were 2-disc set with her doing different versions of songs. Like, she doesn't like IDWC, for example, how would she do it now? Acoustic versions etc.

That would be incredible too. And I agree with Ginger, let's get a BluRay of her MVs already.

#54 [url]

Jan 15 15 4:53 PM

I wasn't crazy about the Vegas idea but this is really exciting! I just hope she sings all 18 songs in full because they need to be remembered even if she isn't crazy about some of them, The New #1's Album is Fabulous idea! It's gonna need at least 3 New solid songs that live up to classics that is also a radio hit to really sell this Album though. Let's just hope she has this whole thing well planned out and strong team behind it. I hoping she gets a major stage director for this Debbie Allen's great but she's a bit out dated and hasn't given Mariah an exciting stage show yet!

#56 [url]

Jan 15 15 5:24 PM

It's finally out of the bag!! I'm so looking forward to this new music with her voice in the shape it's been in of late... This should be the year she reminds all of her legend! #1s is such a great theme!
Would be awesome if she was able to parlay the buzz she'll get into new music and a comeback of sorts.

mcsguardianangel

#59 [url]

Jan 15 15 6:58 PM

It always surprised me that she hates SOMEDAY. This is a song I can picture her recording today with updated music of course. Too bad we can't make her sing PRISONER too.

Last Edited By: mcsguardianangel Jan 15 15 7:09 PM. Edited 1 time.

carlos b fly

Administrator

#60 [url]

Jan 15 15 7:37 PM

Gawain of Suffolk wrote:
 also a radio hit to really sell this Album though.

GH's are sadly commercially dead in the digital age of playlists and cherry picking retail options. At best, the housewives market artist is the only place than sustains them for those kinds of artists. I know you are massively commercially focused but I'd come to terms with this now. At best, she could go getting a hit off the single but the way the market is now, I doubt it will benefit selling a GH collection the way it would 15 years ago.

People will just download the single.  

Last Edited By: carlos b fly Jan 15 15 7:42 PM. Edited 1 time.

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help