Remove this ad

avatar

mcfan

Posts: 34,981

#Beautiful

#2341 [url]

Mar 27 16 4:46 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
mcfan wrote:
seanjonmc wrote:

#1 to Infinity. I purchased my ticket in January 2015, I think it was the first day it was on sale actually, and my ticket just said "Mariah Carey #1's." But the tour book, everything else, when I got there was #1 to Infinity. It still is:


I agree, it would be fun to ditch Infinity and do a different fan favorite every night. 
Hmm.. she could do that, but the name of the residency is too specific. 


In going forward (as in, Mariah continues to do Vegas stints), I'm not sure if she should drop the #1 To Infinity idea altogether and shake it up with a new setlist. Drop the #1's she doesn't want (so RIP Someday and Love Takes Time), keep the ones she does or needs as a standard (Hero). It might give her Vegas run a second life if ticket sales begin to wane. But then, I really like the #1 To Infinity concept and its such a fantastic draw to a casual attendee.

The whole USP that Vegas is the only place in the world you can have Mariah perform all her 18 #1's is a great little draw. 


I don't think there are any shows left after September, so unless they renew the contract #1 to Infinity is coming to an end anyway.
  

  
  

Remove this ad
avatar

Kevon

Administrator

Posts: 40,357 'Showing receipts and offering seats'

#2342 [url]

Mar 28 16 12:31 PM

^Which I'd be ok with tbh if it got her back in the studio to make new music #wishfulthinking



Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

avatar

mcfan

Posts: 34,981

#Beautiful

#2343 [url]

Mar 28 16 5:40 PM

Kevon wrote:
^Which I'd be ok with tbh if it got her back in the studio to make new music #wishfulthinking laugh.gif
Yeah but remember that Queen is still booked for the rest of 2016: planning a wedding, shooting/editing the docu-series and then Beacon 3rd round.

  

  
  

avatar

carlos b fly

Administrator

Posts: 24,475 You'll never be ready. Memba I told you!

#2344 [url]

Mar 28 16 6:15 PM

mcfan wrote:
Kevon wrote:
^Which I'd be ok with tbh if it got her back in the studio to make new music #wishfulthinking laugh.gif

Yeah but remember that Queen is still booked for the rest of 2016: planning a wedding, shooting/editing the docu-series and then Beacon 3rd round. 

 


True. Squeezing out an album would be pretty miraculous unless it was a Rainbow style rush job.

A pity really as while I'm on the fence/dubious about this Reality TV show Mariah is doing but have an album come right off it and being shown to be recorded could at least have some benefit to her as a recording artist (unknown of course if such a TV vehicle could sell records but if its there, give it a go). 
  

avatar

BeyondIdolization

Posts: 26,436

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#2345 [url]

Mar 28 16 6:46 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
mcfan wrote:
Kevon wrote:
^Which I'd be ok with tbh if it got her back in the studio to make new music #wishfulthinking laugh.gif

Yeah but remember that Queen is still booked for the rest of 2016: planning a wedding, shooting/editing the docu-series and then Beacon 3rd round. 

 


True. Squeezing out an album would be pretty miraculous unless it was a Rainbow style rush job.

A pity really as while I'm on the fence/dubious about this Reality TV show Mariah is doing but have an album come right off it and being shown to be recorded could at least have some benefit to her as a recording artist (unknown of course if such a TV vehicle could sell records but if its there, give it a go). 
  



Agreed. If she's not working on an album (or at least the first single) in conjunction with this reality show, I don't really see the point. But if she is, it could be great exposure for the music.


  

avatar

mcfan

Posts: 34,981

#Beautiful

#2346 [url]

Mar 28 16 6:51 PM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
mcfan wrote:

Yeah but remember that Queen is still booked for the rest of 2016: planning a wedding, shooting/editing the docu-series and then Beacon 3rd round. 


True. Squeezing out an album would be pretty miraculous unless it was a Rainbow style rush job.

A pity really as while I'm on the fence/dubious about this Reality TV show Mariah is doing but have an album come right off it and being shown to be recorded could at least have some benefit to her as a recording artist (unknown of course if such a TV vehicle could sell records but if its there, give it a go). 


Agreed. If she's not working on an album (or at least the first single) in conjunction with this reality show, I don't really see the point. But if she is, it could be great exposure for the music.

The press release did say that she's been gathering talented people for studio work though. If she did even just a standalone single without the pressure of an album, that'd be cute for us.
  

  
  

avatar

Vincent

Posts: 20,257


Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#2347 [url]

Mar 28 16 7:42 PM

She did mention putting a single out this year.


_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

avatar

mcfan

Posts: 34,981

#Beautiful

#2349 [url]

Mar 30 16 2:17 PM

While she's in great vocal shape I need her to do some TV performances to promote the Vegas shows during the summer. Get on that GMA stage sis and no drama this time. Just slayage.

  
  

avatar

bigj405

Posts: 513 Chillin' at FOMM

#2350 [url]

Apr 26 16 1:59 AM

Has anyone purchased the Fantasy package for Vegas? Or know of anyone who has?  I'm curious as to what " Share a moment on stage in the spectacular setting of her Las Vegas show" is defined by.  Anyone know???

Remove this ad
avatar

Kevon

Administrator

Posts: 40,357 'Showing receipts and offering seats'

#2351 [url]

Apr 26 16 4:02 AM

I'd imagine probably just that. "A moment" - as in, "hi" *take pic* "bye"



Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

avatar

mcfan

Posts: 34,981

#Beautiful

#2352 [url]

Apr 26 16 8:26 PM

She seriously needs to start doing some promo for this again. Start with social media and then get your ass on TV in May Queen!

  
  

#2353 [url]

Apr 27 16 12:04 AM

bigj405 wrote:
Has anyone purchased the Fantasy package for Vegas? Or know of anyone who has?  I'm curious as to what " Share a moment on stage in the spectacular setting of her Las Vegas show" is defined by.  Anyone know???

Wasn't it when she had people come up quick to talk for a minute?  I thought that then turned into guys going onstage for the TMB bed.

avatar

Vincent

Posts: 20,257


Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#2354 [url]

Apr 27 16 12:17 AM

At one of the shows I went to she brought some guys on stage who paid for a package...


_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

#2355 [url]

Apr 27 16 2:46 PM

LaDiDa wrote:
bigj405 wrote:
Has anyone purchased the Fantasy package for Vegas? Or know of anyone who has?  I'm curious as to what " Share a moment on stage in the spectacular setting of her Las Vegas show" is defined by.  Anyone know???

Wasn't it when she had people come up quick to talk for a minute?  I thought that then turned into guys going onstage for the TMB bed.
Yes, that paid Onstage moment was like her asking your name and where you're from. I believe that's when she did that impromptu It's Like That snippet. The TMB thing is something that happens at every show and isn't paid for. At one show I went to, they approached a guy before the show that they thought would be good for that bit, and they told him to just go with it when he's picked up by one of the dancers. Other shows, I think Stella made arrangements for certain people. People have thanked her on IG in the pic captions of that experience. And I'm sure that's how B. Scott was selected for the last show.

avatar

Kevon

Administrator

Posts: 40,357 'Showing receipts and offering seats'

#2356 [url]

Apr 29 16 10:39 AM

So Mariah said in that recent E interview that they will be revamping the show for the next leg in Vegas. Hopefully she doesn't just mean wearing some new dresses, mind you



Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

avatar

DutchLamb

Posts: 2,168 Mariah's big lamb

#2357 [url]

May 25 16 5:04 AM

Just a question for those who went, do tickets get discounted at all last minute when it's not sold out? Seems there are quite a few tickets left.
I'll be there in June and I'm taking my folks with me so just wondering whether I should get tickets now (quite pricy for the good seats) or get them on the day.

#2358 [url]

May 25 16 4:47 PM

Kevon wrote:
So Mariah said in that recent E interview that they will be revamping the show for the next leg in Vegas. Hopefully she doesn't just mean wearing some new dresses, mind you laugh.gif

I hoping she adds in the Thank God I Found You (Make It Last) Remix with Trey! I do love the way she did it in the other shows though. So maybe do that and then go into the Remix and put Naz on the screens! "I Don't Wanna Cry" is one of her greatest ballads even and I think it should be performed in full so that alone would make the show better! The only other thing I'd change is I'd hope she does the Dance for Heartbreaker and does the one for Honey a little better

avatar

Vincent

Posts: 20,257


Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#2359 [url]

May 26 16 3:05 PM

DutchLamb wrote:
Just a question for those who went, do tickets get discounted at all last minute when it's not sold out? Seems there are quite a few tickets left.
I'll be there in June and I'm taking my folks with me so just wondering whether I should get tickets now (quite pricy for the good seats) or get them on the day.


Not from the venue itself, but you could try StubHub or one of those sites.


_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

#2360 [url]

May 26 16 3:10 PM

Also, Tickets 4 Tonight has booths all throughout the Strip. They sell unsold seats the day of.

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help