~~MCinGR  for the nostalgia ~~

Remove this ad

mcfan

#Beautiful

#2322 [url]

Mar 9 16 1:02 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
tl2mc wrote:
Mario posted the numbers on this page.... They're not horrible. She sold around 31K from 35K tickets. There's a lot more competition now in Vegas. The night I went the house was pretty full and Britney was playing down the street along with all the other Vegas shows. The only bad thing is if you look at the 4K she didn't sell...it's almost an empty theater. So it's more of a glass half empty/ glass half full scenario.

I think that's pretty good then. So, what, 70 - 75% of tickets sold over this run? Hardly a disaster. As you say, Vegas is very competitive now.

Vegas attendance thus far:

1st leg: 98%
2nd leg: 96%
3rd leg: 88%

carlos b fly

Administrator

#2323 [url]

Mar 9 16 1:11 PM

mcfan wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
tl2mc wrote:
Mario posted the numbers on this page.... They're not horrible. She sold around 31K from 35K tickets. There's a lot more competition now in Vegas. The night I went the house was pretty full and Britney was playing down the street along with all the other Vegas shows. The only bad thing is if you look at the 4K she didn't sell...it's almost an empty theater. So it's more of a glass half empty/ glass half full scenario.

I think that's pretty good then. So, what, 70 - 75% of tickets sold over this run? Hardly a disaster. As you say, Vegas is very competitive now.

Vegas attendance thus far:

1st leg: 98%
2nd leg: 96%
3rd leg: 88%

That look good to me. There's a downward curve to those numbers so if Mariah extends and makes this a regular fixture, she's going to need to think about rejigging the Vegas show is the only thing I'd say. 

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#2324 [url]

Mar 9 16 1:17 PM

carlos b fly wrote:

That look good to me. There's a downward curve to those numbers so if Mariah extends and makes this a regular fixture, she's going to need to think about rejigging the Vegas show is the only thing I'd say. 

Sure, or maybe just lower the cost of tickets a bit. And/or do a bit more promo.

carlos b fly

Administrator

#2325 [url]

Mar 9 16 1:28 PM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:

Sure, or maybe just lower the cost of tickets a bit. And/or do a bit more promo.

Price reduction would be good. I remember a lot of people saying it was very high. I actually like the 18 #1's concept and hope they keep it.

mcfan

#Beautiful

#2326 [url]

Mar 9 16 2:24 PM

Promotion would be nice. The best promo for a residency or tour is performing on TV though and we know Mariah doesn't do well in that department lately.

Lowering the prices and introducing new elements would work longterm as it's something people would discover by committing to the show (i.e. actively purchasing a ticket and discovering it costs less or going to the first show and seeing how it's changed).

The downward trend is normal, although I think it's happening too soon for Mariah. For all we know it could be just this leg that underperformed and she'll do better on the next ones over the summer, but either way she's on par with Shania I think.

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#2327 [url]

Mar 9 16 7:17 PM

Yeah, the first two legs had a lot of promo; this third one not so much.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

mcfan

#Beautiful

#2328 [url]

Mar 9 16 8:19 PM

Vincent wrote:

It basically sold on word of mouth, unrelated press Mariah did during the holidays and casual concert goers/tourists.

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#2329 [url]

Mar 12 16 11:30 AM

mcfan wrote:
Vincent wrote:

It basically sold on word of mouth, unrelated press Mariah did during the holidays and casual concert goers/tourists.

Did any of that unrelated press mention specific dates or anything? I don't see where a passing mention of her being in Vegas does anything, especially if specific dates aren't mentioned. Something like the car pool karaoke video combined with "Check her out in Vegas next month!" is more ideal because it uses hits in the show and comes up at a time people might be thinking about what to do on a visit.

The downward trend is bad to me because it was only her third month. When people are comparing her sales to Britney, Shania, etc is that for the third month of their shows, too?

carlos b fly

Administrator

#2330 [url]

Mar 12 16 11:43 AM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
mcfan wrote:
Vincent wrote:

Did any of that unrelated press mention specific dates or anything? I don't see where a passing mention of her being in Vegas does anything, especially if specific dates aren't mentioned.

Even if it didn't, it is at least putting the seed in peoples heads that they now know Mariah is there. That could lead them to actively pursue tickets. A Google search takes two seconds and the shows were SEO'ed for an easy conversion. Also, if/when they are in Vegas, being made aware Mariah is there might also might prioritise her as a "must see" act. Of course, she may not be playing there anymore, in which case it achieves nothing. 

Remove this ad

Vincent

#2331 [url]

Mar 12 16 12:23 PM

Can someone remove the "Begins May 6"?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

mcfan

#Beautiful

#2332 [url]

Mar 12 16 1:31 PM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
mcfan wrote:
Vincent wrote:

Did any of that unrelated press mention specific dates or anything? I don't see where a passing mention of her being in Vegas does anything, especially if specific dates aren't mentioned. Something like the car pool karaoke video combined with "Check her out in Vegas next month!" is more ideal because it uses hits in the show and comes up at a time people might be thinking about what to do on a visit.

The downward trend is bad to me because it was only her third month. When people are comparing her sales to Britney, Shania, etc is that for the third month of their shows, too?

I think the February dates were announced right after she announced the 2015 Christmas shows. Her Vegas residency was also mentioned in some of the interviews she did for the tour/Hallmark movie I think.

As for the downward trend, only Céline had total sell-outs for like the first 15 legs. The other ladies were all declining by the 3rd leg (of course their legs were made up of a different number of shows, but still..)

fellipe

#2333 [url]

Mar 12 16 1:43 PM

I don't think there's any reason to worry about this.
Haven't they booked her more dates in the Summer? To me, that's not a sign she's underperforming.

It's her 3rd leg. JLo has a brand new show and she's doing promotion rounds on TV.
It'd be more fair to compare her number's to Britney's:

Britney Spears The Axis at Planet Hollywood Las Vegas, Nev. Feb. 13-14, 17, 19-20, 24, 26-27, 2016 $4,007,691 28,540 /
34,488 8 / 0 $495, $179, $94, $54 Caesars Entertainment

That's 82% of occupancy.

Relax, lambs!

#2334 [url]

Mar 12 16 2:33 PM

I think we also have to consider that Britney and JLo are more about the flash and dancing, which seems to fit the Vegas theme better. Mariah's doing pretty well, all things considered, and she's only just recently started becoming more involved with extensive touring and performances. If her reviews are good, she can build on that.

The only problem with that theory is that it doesn't explain why Celine's tickets sold so well because she's also all about the voice and not about the dancing.

carlos b fly

Administrator

#2335 [url]

Mar 12 16 3:55 PM

Serenity 808 wrote:

The only problem with that theory is that it doesn't explain why Celine's tickets sold so well because she's also all about the voice and not about the dancing.

Celine's shows were quite a bit about spectacle though. She had people flying through the air, really creative staging, loads of dancing, etc It was actually pretty exciting and Vegas really birthed Celine as a presence on stage and more than a singer. Mariah does fall into the more traditional method of singing with more basic staging and a lot less 'wow' visuals. So as you say, I think Mariah's doing pretty well considering its not a glitzy treat for the eyes like Britney or Jennifer, or even like Celine.

I guess the 18 #1's are more the draw. And it certainly is a draw and a unique selling point to gear the show around.   

Vincent

#2336 [url]

Mar 12 16 4:08 PM

Certainly, hers is the most live show of the divas in Vegas.

Vincent, dahhhhling.

mcfan

#Beautiful

#2337 [url]

Mar 25 16 2:28 PM

Is the residency called #1 to Infinity or just Mariah #1's? I remember the original reports calling it Number Ones.

I'm asking because I read on another board a cute suggestion to mix the show up a bit. There is really no point in performing "Infinity" still, so she could replace it with a fan favorite every night while still keeping the setlist the same with the hits.

#2338 [url]

Mar 25 16 3:29 PM

mcfan wrote:
Is the residency called #1 to Infinity or just Mariah #1's? I remember the original reports calling it Number Ones.

I'm asking because I read on another board a cute suggestion to mix the show up a bit. There is really no point in performing "Infinity" still, so she could replace it with a fan favorite every night while still keeping the setlist the same with the hits.

#1 to Infinity. I purchased my ticket in January 2015, I think it was the first day it was on sale actually, and my ticket just said "Mariah Carey #1's." But the tour book, everything else, when I got there was #1 to Infinity. It still is:

I agree, it would be fun to ditch Infinity and do a different fan favorite every night. 

[USERNAME REMOVED BY REQUEST] wrote:
Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

mcfan

#Beautiful

#2339 [url]

Mar 25 16 6:27 PM

seanjonmc wrote:
mcfan wrote:

#1 to Infinity. I purchased my ticket in January 2015, I think it was the first day it was on sale actually, and my ticket just said "Mariah Carey #1's." But the tour book, everything else, when I got there was #1 to Infinity. It still is:

I agree, it would be fun to ditch Infinity and do a different fan favorite every night. 
Hmm.. she could do that, but the name of the residency is too specific.

carlos b fly

Administrator

#2340 [url]

Mar 27 16 2:48 PM

mcfan wrote:
seanjonmc wrote:
mcfan wrote:

Hmm.. she could do that, but the name of the residency is too specific.

In going forward (as in, Mariah continues to do Vegas stints), I'm not sure if she should drop the #1 To Infinity idea altogether and shake it up with a new setlist. Drop the #1's she doesn't want (so RIP Someday and Love Takes Time), keep the ones she does or needs as a standard (Hero). It might give her Vegas run a second life if ticket sales begin to wane. But then, I really like the #1 To Infinity concept and its such a fantastic draw to a casual attendee.

The whole USP that Vegas is the only place in the world you can have Mariah perform all her 18 #1's is a great little draw. 

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help