Remove this ad

#461 [url]

Dec 22 14 10:02 PM

I hope this puts an end to the idea that Mariah can't do a run of shows In a short period of time or her voice can't handle it. Those vocals posted are stunning! She NEEDS to keep this up, as she does she will grow in confidence so her next big appearance that everyone sees she will shut the whoooolllleeeee thing down and be properly applauded for it and it'll be 'comeback' all over again :d

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#462 [url]

Dec 22 14 11:22 PM

YES Lordt!! The Dec 15th "O Holy Night" performance!!! image
I think it's fantastic that she sang so much live and has been so successful in giving us that fuller, more authoritative tone of the original as opposed to the recent whispery variations of the song.
It seems she has really been seriously working on her singing technique. The silver lining for the Rockefeller bullshit?  I hope she continues, gets back in the studio and then gives some really great mainstream performances. It really is criminal that it's really only lambs witnessing these vocal moments...

Quote    Reply   

#466 [url]

Dec 23 14 12:06 AM

Regarding taking photos/videos... I went to the Tuesday 12/16 performance and we were allowed to take any photos/videos we wanted to. I went back on Thursday 12/18 and they made an announcement at the beginning of the show saying no photos or video and the ushers watched like hawks throughout the entire performance.

Quote    Reply   

#467 [url]

Dec 23 14 12:14 AM

They were like hawks with photos and video again tonight. It was THE BEST singing I've heard from MC in years. She went for things that she normally doesn't, live whistle notes on the fly, and did it all with "this is the last show, I don't give a f*^%" attitude. I was in the second row - it was amazing to be that close. I heard that Pat and Shawn were there, Lee Daniels, and Beyonce. Apparently she sat in the same seats Lady Gaga did the night before.

And Tom I saw you going for one of those presents - did you get one?

Quote    Reply   

#468 [url]

Dec 23 14 1:01 AM

No! She gave one each to guys on each side of me. Oh well. I don't like to be pushing people out of the way for things and I'm happy when others get things so good for them. The show was awesome, so great to be 3 feet away from her, she did grab my hand at the very end.

Quote    Reply   

robjv1

Posts: 10,760 True in love and wisdom, well off and witty, using god's sleeve to wipe the hell off the city.

#469 [url]

Dec 23 14 1:56 AM

Kevon wrote:
Oh I wish she would pull something like this out at a televised event. Seriously, if someone like Ariana was standing on stage with her during the impromptu moment at the end she would be trampled. Still SLAYING the game.

I hope she gets her ass in the studio after this tour and gets some new material down when her voice is so strong.

I know, if she didn't shy away from that moment I think people would stand up and take notice. People have taken note when her high profile performances have come off well -- I remember a lot of people around here talking about how she was "back" after she did the SSB at the Super Bowl in 2002.

Quote    Reply   

robjv1

Posts: 10,760 True in love and wisdom, well off and witty, using god's sleeve to wipe the hell off the city.

#470 [url]

Dec 23 14 2:08 AM

houseofMusiC wrote:
Is the Mariah Carey candle scented?

lol reading through this thread, this post totally threw me. The girl just killed us softly with her song and people NEED to know if this votive is vanilla right now lol

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

miragemm

#472 [url]

Dec 23 14 3:32 AM

http://instagram.com/p/w8LsnJreMU/

mariahcarey
Excited and blessed to wrap up my final show at the Beacon theater and find out that "All I Want For Christmas Is You" is now VEVO certified for 100 million views! Thank you for spending the last week with me at my Christmas concerts, it was an incredible experience and I already can't wait to do it again next year. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

Quote    Reply   

#474 [url]

Dec 23 14 8:58 AM

So a few interesting observations. During Charlie Brown (2nd song, and 1st that she was close to the edge of the stage), she was still nervous enough that I could see her lip trembling. The injury must have been much worse than many realized - she still has bruising/scaring on her forearm which explains the long gloves. Also interesting was that last night she wore her engagement ring along with the butterfly ring - haven't seen that since the split.

I'm so honored to have seen her at her best, and I echo Vinny's comment that I'm sad it's actually over. Already looking forward to next year!! 🎅

Quote    Reply   

vinjer

#477 [url]

Dec 23 14 9:38 AM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
Beyonce was apparently there tonight! Eek

Did she tweet/post anything?
And yes someone said earlier-NOW ,ISOLATE THAT ,BITCHES!
I am so glad she got her confidence on track and received so much more than deserved love after all the @**$.

Quote    Reply   

miragemm

#479 [url]

Dec 23 14 1:15 PM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
Yeah it would be killer if she did this every year and it became a NYC holiday staple like ore things.

She told Elvis Duran that that was her goal. With the initial run being so successful, there are probably already plans and schedules being made for next year. The Beacon Theatre was very happy to play host.

Last Edited By: miragemm Dec 23 14 1:18 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

CoCoLambMC

Hit me with your best shot!

#480 [url]

Dec 23 14 2:49 PM

I hope we get at least one Christmas show next year in LA! I mean %#*+, she could start early Dec and do a tour all through the month!

Last Edited By: CoCoLambMC Dec 23 14 3:06 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help