Remove this ad

mcfan

#Beautiful

#221 [url]

Jul 19 17 11:07 AM

New topic: The transition

So this performance is widely considered the official sign that something was changing. Let's analyse! 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

mcfan

#Beautiful

#223 [url]

Jul 19 17 1:07 PM

Migrate90 wrote:
I always thought this was "that" performance:

Nah she was still on ha full Daydream swag there. Vocals for the Gawds. 

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#224 [url]

Jul 19 17 1:19 PM

Vocally I still think that performance was full Daydream era quality, but in terms of her look you could tell she was shifting into Butterfly Mariah, the cocoon was starting to open

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#225 [url]

Jul 19 17 1:23 PM

Kevon wrote:
Vocally I still think that performance was full Daydream era quality, but in terms of her look you could tell she was shifting into Butterfly Mariah, the cocoon was starting to open laugh.gif
I don't know.. I kinda hear this transition the gerls are pointing out. 

Like the second "to you" falsetto is very Butterfly with the rasp going on. Some of the runs/inflections too, the breathing. I get it. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

mcfan

#Beautiful

#226 [url]

Jul 19 17 1:27 PM

The outfit and hair color too though. I men she's wearing the same color palette as the Butterfly album cover and she wore the same color on tour later too. The hair is very "Honey" video.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#227 [url]

Jul 20 17 2:50 AM

Yeah the colours are very Butterfly toned. Her hair, blowing the way it does, give me teas of the Butterfly video.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

#228 [url]

Jul 20 17 4:36 PM

Yeah, I think this performance ushers in her Butterfly look more than anything -- before shaving down the tip of her nose, that is

To me her head voice still sounds very clear and Daydream-y here, and overall the vocal sounds effortless. Hearing this, I still would have definitely been surprised by her Butterfly vocals.

Quote    Reply   

hontasy

#229 [url]

Jul 21 17 4:15 AM

I always thought this ABMB single cover as a part of the transition. The cleavage is there making that point and the styling and the hair is different (giving me I Still Believe video vibes).

Mariah+Carey+Always+Be+My+Baby+-+Mixes-8

Last Edited By: hontasy Jul 21 17 4:28 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

jrsoares

#230 [url]

Jul 26 17 8:51 AM

hontasy wrote:
I always thought this ABMB single cover as a part of the transition. The cleavage is there making that point and the styling and the hair is different (giving me I Still Believe video vibes).

Mariah+Carey+Always+Be+My+Baby+-+Mixes-8

Definitely, she looked more mature/adult here.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help