Remove this ad

mcfan

#Beautiful

#101 [url]

Sep 10 15 4:12 PM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
mcfan wrote:
MisplacedValidity wrote:
Toni has been a has-been for awhile, hence why she did DWTS. People go there to try and revamp their career (and make some cash), but has anyone actually really made a comeback off it?

I said Toni was more of hasbeen at that point in her career than Tamar is now. Tamar is actually on the rise by comparison.

Nene Leakes was the highest paid housewife on the highest rated franchise of the show and with a recurring role on Glee when she did her season. DWTS clearly doesn't equal "hasbeen" anymore just because the caliber of the celebrities appearing has lowered in general. 

Nene isn't an A-list celebrity or even B-list, though.
Not a hasbeen either, though.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

mcfan

#Beautiful

#102 [url]

Sep 10 15 4:14 PM

robjv1 wrote:
Pushed back again? She really is a lamb after Mariah's heart lol.

Catfish is cute, real laid back, very pleasant vocal. Maybe just a little basic overall.

Not sure about the picture on the cover, but like the concept with the song lyrics in the newspaper.  It's a little kitchy, but then again that makes it very Tamar lol.

I hope the pushback allows them to gather some decent promo push. There was zero talk or hype for the album for it to drop tomorrow, it's for the best.

The album cover sucks. Period.  

Quote    Reply   

robjv1

Posts: 10,760 True in love and wisdom, well off and witty, using god's sleeve to wipe the hell off the city.

#103 [url]

Sep 10 15 5:44 PM

mcfan wrote:
The album cover sucks. Period. laugh.gif
Like I said, I like the newspaper thing.  The picture... yeah, what's with the bronzed flower?  It looks like an arts and crafts sale advertisement smiley: laugh

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#105 [url]

Sep 14 15 4:24 AM

Tamartian Times? WTF. Maybe Mariah's next album should have "The Lambian" at the top of it. I loved that newspaper

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#108 [url]

Sep 17 15 7:47 PM

Tamar will NOT have me longing for a pina colada while I'm bopping to this Island Groove on this thursday night child. Yass!

I knew this album was gonna be GOODt. "King" is a pretty ballad too. 

Last Edited By: mcfan Sep 18 15 5:48 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#109 [url]

Sep 18 15 11:25 AM

I like the song, but GYWAL. The "lying on top of lots of hot naked men in briefs' thing - don't go decorating your face with white jewelry. It looks... ominous giving me orgy teas

Quote    Reply   

MissyJG

#110 [url]

Sep 20 15 12:31 PM

I really like the chorus of A&D and how she sounds on it. It's hard to understand her though. Not really a fan of Catfish.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

CoCoLambMC

Hit me with your best shot!

#113 [url]

Sep 26 15 2:43 AM

Kevon wrote:
Tamartian Times? WTF. Maybe Mariah's next album should have "The Lambian" at the top of it. I loved that newspaper laugh.gif

OMG Kevon, you remember The Lambian!?!?!?

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#118 [url]

Oct 2 15 9:40 AM

CoCoLambMC wrote:
Kevon wrote:
Tamartian Times? WTF. Maybe Mariah's next album should have "The Lambian" at the top of it. I loved that newspaper laugh.gif

OMG Kevon, you remember The Lambian!?!?!? laugh.giflaugh.gif
Of course, it was epic smiley: laugh

Quote    Reply   

#119 [url]

Oct 2 15 10:20 PM

Can anyone confirm if the Best Buy, Walmart, Target editions have different bonus tracks each? Tamar said so but so far I have not found anything online confirming the tracks are different.

I don’t want no cake on my birthday, errday errrday.

Quote    Reply   

#120 [url]

Oct 3 15 12:08 PM

Honestly I've tried to like this album but it is a no for me. Not that it is bad, but Love & War was better. It's a more mature effort but the production in general is lazy and the melodies are poor or nonexistent, the songs are too samey. I use 'Angels & Demons,' 'Simple Things,' 'Raise the Bar,' 'Must Be Good to You,' 'King' (though, it's a bit cliché and dramatic). The rest is forgettable or decent at best. Oh, and her upper register is becoming unbearable, very unpleasant to the ear.

Last Edited By: Kanye Oct 3 15 12:10 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help