Remove this ad

robjv1

Posts: 10,760 True in love and wisdom, well off and witty, using god's sleeve to wipe the hell off the city.

#81 [url]

Aug 29 15 6:11 PM

Re: Tamar Braxton - 3rd album "Calling All Lovers" [Sep 11] - "If I Don't Have You"

mcfan wrote:
Tamar breaks it down for the gerls in the back of the Church:

There's one Mariah
www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/tamar-braxon-plays-the-name-game-2015278

#loyal #lambily

Let's get that album out now. :D

Yes, please! 9/11 release date.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

mcfan

#Beautiful

#84 [url]

Aug 31 15 6:42 PM

Billboard interview:

Tamar Braxton Talks Marriage, Memes and the Emotion Behind Her New Album 'Calling All Lovers'

By Hillary Crosley | August 31, 2015 2:47 PM EDT

Tamar Braxton may steal the spotlight with giggle-provoking one-liners on reality shows Braxton Family Values and Tamar & Vince, but her music career is no joke. After bowing at No. 2 on the Billboard 200 with 2013’s [i]Love and War, the 38-year-old returns with third studio LP Calling All Lovers, due Sept. 11 on Epic/Streamline.

Calling All Lovers was recorded at the home you share with your husband and manager, Vince Herbert. Why not go to a real studio?

I don’t like studios -- I love recording at home. I did most of the recordings in one of the bedrooms, sitting on the edge of the bed, pouring out my heart with a mic.

The album is about your past relationships. Did any songs make you cry?

A song called “Circles” about being in a relationship that’s a never-ending story. You make up, you break up, you catch them in a lie, you take them back, you don’t know how you got back in the situation again. I had been through it 100,000 times before I met Vince. After I finished recording, I wept, not just cried -- wept, honey! Men are terrible until you find one that’s great and he annoys you for different reasons.

Now that you found a good one, what’s the secret to maintaining a healthy marriage?

Communication. Do not surprise me with your feelings. Once Vince and I were in an argument. I love onions, but he said, “And, on top of that, I don’t like onions!” I was devastated. Twelve years in, I’m just finding out you don’t like onions?

What are some of the best and worst things about having a husband as a manager?

Vince and I working together is all that we know. Before he became my manager, he was overseeing my sister Toni’s project that I was doing background [vocals] on. So we began our friendship working together. I know that nobody is going to have my back or fight as hard as he does. But it’s very hard to turn off. You go through things to achieve your destiny, which is what Vince and I are to each other.

An unflattering pic of you during your performance with Patti LaBelle and K. Michelle at the BET Awards became a widespread meme. Did that annoy you?

It doesn’t bother me at all -- I’ve been a meme for the past five years. My friends and I text each other memes of myself, like, “Girl, sit down,” or “Oh, please.” That wasn’t offensive to me at all -- even I posted it.

A lot of people were making fun of your makeup. You were going for a Diana Ross 1970s look, right?

Right. I can’t say I didn’t like the way I looked -- I think it’s one of my best looks! I was at my goal weight, my face was beat to capacity, my hair and dress were intact, and I’m singing with one of my idols? I felt amazing.

Quote    Reply   

robjv1

Posts: 10,760 True in love and wisdom, well off and witty, using god's sleeve to wipe the hell off the city.

#85 [url]

Aug 31 15 7:00 PM

Re: Tamar Braxton - 3rd album "Calling All Lovers" [Sep 11] - "If I Don't Have You"

mcfan wrote:
Men are terrible until you find one that’s great and he annoys you for different reasons.

This is an amazing quote lol

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#90 [url]

Sep 3 15 4:37 PM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
Tamar has already entered the has-been status of DWTS? Wow, that didn't take long.

Tried it. Tamar has 3 hit TV shows with her name on them and Grammy noms for a Gold selling album. 

Toni was more of a has-been when she did DWTS actually.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#91 [url]

Sep 4 15 9:48 AM

Toni has been a has-been for awhile, hence why she did DWTS. People go there to try and revamp their career (and make some cash), but has anyone actually really made a comeback off it?

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#92 [url]

Sep 4 15 9:55 AM

No one A-list (or even B-list) does DWTS though.. I'm surprised she'd do it after only one album. It's usually for major hasbeens or like 'Hills' stars and 'Housewives'.

Quote    Reply   

robjv1

#93 [url]

Sep 4 15 12:24 PM

Re: Tamar Braxton - 3rd album "Calling All Lovers" [Sep 11] - "If I Don't Have You" + Dancing With the Stars!

I don't get the appeal of shows like this anyway. Why would I want to watch people dancing who aren't famous for dancing and are marginally talented at best?
If they are going to do "celeb fish out of water" stuff, give me something interesting. I'd rather see Tamar and K. Michelle in a celeb boxing match or something than this lol.

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#94 [url]

Sep 4 15 1:44 PM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
Toni has been a has-been for awhile, hence why she did DWTS. People go there to try and revamp their career (and make some cash), but has anyone actually really made a comeback off it?

I said Toni was more of hasbeen at that point in her career than Tamar is now. Tamar is actually on the rise by comparison.

Nene Leakes was the highest paid housewife on the highest rated franchise of the show and with a recurring role on Glee when she did her season. DWTS clearly doesn't equal "hasbeen" anymore just because the caliber of the celebrities appearing has lowered in general.

Quote    Reply   

#95 [url]

Sep 10 15 3:25 PM

This is not coming tomorrow is it? I read Oct. 3? But there's barely any info online...how is that possible? She is a big name now there should be more coverage on this.

I don’t want no cake on my birthday, errday errrday.

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#98 [url]

Sep 10 15 3:55 PM

Hakeem wrote:
This is not coming tomorrow is it? I read Oct. 3? But there's barely any info online...how is that possible? She is a big name now there should be more coverage on this.

The album was pushed back to October 2. Hate the album cover though

I love "Catfish" it's one of her better uptempos.

Last Edited By: mcfan Sep 10 15 3:58 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

robjv1

#99 [url]

Sep 10 15 4:01 PM

Pushed back again? She really is a lamb after Mariah's heart lol.

Catfish is cute, real laid back, very pleasant vocal. Maybe just a little basic overall.

Not sure about the picture on the cover, but like the concept with the song lyrics in the newspaper.  It's a little kitchy, but then again that makes it very Tamar lol.

Quote    Reply   

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#100 [url]

Sep 10 15 4:02 PM

mcfan wrote:
MisplacedValidity wrote:

I said Toni was more of hasbeen at that point in her career than Tamar is now. Tamar is actually on the rise by comparison.

Nene Leakes was the highest paid housewife on the highest rated franchise of the show and with a recurring role on Glee when she did her season. DWTS clearly doesn't equal "hasbeen" anymore just because the caliber of the celebrities appearing has lowered in general.

Nene isn't an A-list celebrity or even B-list, though.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help