Remove this ad

MissyJG

#21 [url]

Nov 3 14 6:32 PM

^It's because light skin is often considered as "more fair/prettier" (but then again there is sometimes discrimination among black people if you don't look black enough). That's why people think Tamar bleached her skin. Oprah I think did a segment once on making her skin appear lighter on camera because it looked better (on camera) they say. And remember there was some controversy about how light they made Beyonce's skin on the L'Oreal ad? When Lupita came along it's why people were saying how dark skinned women were pretty too. I'm not black though so I can't say this like I actually really know any of this stuff..

Last Edited By: MissyJG Nov 3 14 6:44 PM. Edited 4 times.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#22 [url]

Nov 3 14 10:31 PM

All black female celebs "get vitiligo" as they become bigger names. Whitney appeared lighter with the years too (she's almost white on the MLIYL cover). They bleach their skin and use makeup to look lighter.

Quote    Reply   

robjv1

Posts: 10,760 True in love and wisdom, well off and witty, using god's sleeve to wipe the hell off the city.

#23 [url]

Nov 3 14 11:06 PM

Re: Tamar Braxton - 3rd album - "Let Me Know" f/ Future

BeyondIdolization wrote:
All black female celebs "get vitiligo" as they become bigger names. :lol Whitney appeared lighter with the years too (she's almost white on the MLIYL cover). They bleach their skin and use makeup to look lighter.

LOL. It is really a sad thing if that is true. Not surprising though -- there is clearly a tendency towards more Anglo type nosejobs among black celebrities.

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Nov 4 14 12:15 AM

Chris Brown went OFF on Tamar Braxton and Adrienne Bailon today. Apparently they criticized his relationship on "The Real."

You can read about it here:
Billboard: Chris Brown Goes Off on 'The Real' Hosts Adrienne Bailon & Tamar Braxton
http://www.billboard.com/articles/6304447/chris-brown-goes-off-on-the-real-hosts-adrienne-bailon-tamar-braxton

MTV: Chris Brown Goes Off On Adrienne Bailon And Tamar Braxton For Talking About Him And Karrueche
http://www.mtv.com/news/1985746/chris-brown-adrienne-bailon-tamar-braxton-comments-karrueche-tran/

Chris Brown wrote the following message:

“”BRING THAT ASS HERE BOY” ADRIENNE BAILON…. You ole trout mouth ass b*tch. U tried it. Won’t u the same b*tch that was f*cking wit married men? U also was keeping up with the Kardashians! U can’t talk about relationship goals when u don’t even have life goals. Ain’t you a cheetah girl? Last time u was important n*ggas was riding spinners and wearing 6x talk Ts. You the same b*tch having threesomes like the rest of these hoes. U tried it too Tamara Braxton. U take the role of the ugly sister. It’s always the people wit no career that talk all the sh*t. Dat plastic surgery f*cked yo face up. B*tch look like she always saying “huh”? Muppet face ass! #basicbitchproblems #thotiannas I don’t even need a photo for Tamar, that b*tch is beat in every photo! #icanmakeabrokebitchrichbutidontfuckwitbrokebitches

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2014/11/chris-brown-goes-off-on-adrienne-bailon-and-tamar-braxton/

adrienne-bailon-chris-brown-instagram-ra

[USERNAME REMOVED BY REQUEST] wrote:
Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

Nov 4 14 12:24 AM

Tamar's response on IG:

#whenyourgirlhasatalkshowinsteadofcryingaboutyouwhileONone… you are asked to talk about certain things such as A.relationships B.family C.fashion D. Things that has to do with HER in life! @chrisbrownofficial @karrueche no one came at either of you but was simply using your relationship as an example of things us ladies go through in a relationship!! I do not know nor do I give a hot damn about your relationship personally…. honestly and respectfully I’m VERY sorry if you BOTH were offended about our girl chat…. however you WILL NOT think its ok to come at GROWN women and talk to either myself or @adrienne_bailon as if u have EVER has us each in your bed at ANY point in our lives! (Maybe your mind is clouded) NOTE TO SELF: u are NOT my MAN or my DADDY so you got me completely ++%++@ up!…(like your reputation) I’m not 20 nothing years old and I am fine with all 3 #1 tv shows and making my dreams come true with Love&War and now #letmeknow…which is on iTunes 😊 you are only a few years older than my son and I will not tolerate your disrespect when no one was coming for you!!! so this RICH/BLESSED muppet who WAS always VERY nice to you and your girl will continue to work my ass of and make amazing records and positive television while YOU…In this very queenish mood you are experiencing😴…….Instead of coming on ig…and acting like a B.A.N!!…should have and could have picked up the phone!! 🙋…or watched the show for yourself!!! At least that’s what REAL men do! #thereal on fox and @bet❤️ #backtoworkigo #liveinyourtruth #wewouldbetheBESTJudiesEVER👫 #letmeknowifkarruchiehasamouthsheshoulduseitnotYOU #dontfuckwithmefellasthisisnotherfirsttimeattherodeo #grown💅 #still❤️yalltho #wenotbeefing😘

http://hollywoodlife.com/2014/11/03/tamar-braxton-chris-brown-diss-fight/ 

Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

Quote    Reply   

Gospelartist03

#26 [url]

Nov 4 14 12:42 AM

something is really seriously wrong with that dude, I know everyone jokes about it, but I don't think I've see anyone on their way to being the top male R&B/Pop prince of their generation completely dismantle any public good will brick by brick like that. At one point actually right at that Grammy incident era CB was becoming hotter than Usher/JT/trey put together

Quote    Reply   

#27 [url]

Nov 4 14 12:47 AM

^For real. He is such a hothead and anger management clearly isn't working.

His video response, which has been removed from Instagram but posted by TMZ, is:

"I ain't got no chill button. If you don't like it, f*ck you."

http://www.tmz.com/2014/11/03/adrienne-bailon-chris-brown-fight-instagram-karrueche/

Quote    Reply   

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#28 [url]

Nov 4 14 2:02 PM

His repeated use of 'b*tch' and other words to demean women is repelling, especially in light of his physical actions. I don't know how anyone can defend him. Beyond that, anyone who pays for his music is simply contributing to his "relevance" and allowing his behavior to continually get attention. It's disgusting.

Quote    Reply   

MissyJG

#30 [url]

Nov 4 14 4:55 PM

If you are gonna gossip and trash a celebrity, you shouldn't get mad at them for talking back. Howeverrr, the stuff Tamar and Adrienna said really wasn't bad. They were hardly shading him. And even if they were, he was getting far too personal and malicious. He tried to be as hurtful as possible instead of trying to make a point. Especially the stuff he said about Tamar. Men might more easily shake it off but you gotta be a really confident woman to be able to really ignore what Chris said. Reading the first few lines of his response was just scary. You could feel his anger over something so little... The women of The Real hardly talk about celebrities the way Wendy Williams does. I

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

MissyJG

#32 [url]

Nov 4 14 5:29 PM

I wonder if it's really surgery or just bad OTT make up though. I can't tell what she had done if she did. She used to be pretty though.

Last Edited By: MissyJG Nov 4 14 5:31 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#33 [url]

Nov 4 14 5:43 PM

MissyJG wrote:
If you are gonna gossip and trash a celebrity, you shouldn't get mad at them for talking back. Howeverrr, the stuff Tamar and Adrienna said really wasn't bad. They were hardly shading him. And even if they were, he was getting far too personal and malicious. He tried to be as hurtful as possible instead of trying to make a point. Especially the stuff he said about Tamar. Men might more easily shake it off but you gotta be a really confident woman to be able to really ignore what Chris said. Reading the first few lines of his response was just scary. You could feel his anger over something so little... The women of The Real hardly talk about celebrities the way Wendy Williams does. I

If Chris had responded in a mature manner to just say the girls shouldn't comment on things they don't know or something, I'd agree. But his reaction was his usual overblown, misogynistic crap.

Quote    Reply   

MissyJG

#34 [url]

Nov 4 14 5:45 PM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
MissyJG wrote:

If Chris had responded in a mature manner to just say the girls shouldn't comment on things they don't know or something, I'd agree. But his reaction was his usual overblown, misogynistic crap.

Don't know if you read the whole thing but that's what I'm saying. His response was waaay too much and hostile especially having heard what they said about him that really wasn't so bad. Had his response been more mature, people would have understand him more. Now he just confirms what people already think about him.

Last Edited By: MissyJG Nov 4 14 5:48 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#35 [url]

Nov 4 14 6:24 PM

Tamar's make up has been really caked up lately

But anyway, I did watch the segment of the show and they didn't say anything that bad.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#36 [url]

Nov 4 14 6:29 PM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
MissyJG wrote:

At this stage, I think he'd actually make more news for just once not being overblown and misogynistic. Chris is the definition of garbage.

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#37 [url]

Nov 4 14 8:22 PM

MissyJG wrote:
I wonder if it's really surgery or just bad OTT make up though. I can't tell what she had done if she did. She used to be pretty though.

Nose job and cheek fillers, at least. She was a pretty girl before, it's not like she was Lil Kim or something lol.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#38 [url]

Nov 5 14 8:23 AM

She's already confirmed she's had worked done. On BFV, when Traci was about to kick her ass she was like "I'm not getting into a fight, this face cost too much"

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#39 [url]

Nov 11 14 9:13 AM

Tamar performed at Soul Train Awards with Joe, she looked great except for her cheeks:

The single is doing okay, but I think the fact that her album won't come out this year is giving radio no incentive to play it more.. I kinda have it on repeat

Urban AC:
20 16 TAMAR BRAXTON Let Me Know 424 319 +105 2.245

+23 Spins
+13 Bullet
+0.059 AI

Urban:
26 22 TAMAR BRAXTON Let Me Know 1267 1146 +121 5.599

+3 Spins
-51 Bullet
+0.049 AI

Quote    Reply   

MissyJG

#40 [url]

Nov 11 14 5:20 PM

Just saw Tamar &Vince. Vince is such a controlling drama queen. And people think Tamar is the difficult one..

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help