Remove this ad

mcfan

#Beautiful

Lead

Oct 6 14 10:00 AM

Tags : :

Our favorite lamb is back!!

This is her lead single. "Let Me Know" interpolates Aaliyahì's rendition of "At Your Best (You Are Love) and features Future:
http://wiznation.com/2019372/new-music-tamar-braxton-let-me-know-feat-future

Album Artwork

She slayed it

Last Edited By: mcfan Jan 17 17 6:28 PM. Edited 6 times

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Kevon

Administrator

#1 [url]

Oct 6 14 10:33 AM

On first listen it's kinda unremarkable. Maybe it will grow on me. Is that her going for a Mariah note at the end?

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#2 [url]

Oct 6 14 10:38 AM

Kevon wrote:
On first listen it's kinda unremarkable. Maybe it will grow on me. Is that her going for a Mariah note at the end? laugh.gif
Yes, she's going for whistles. A stan <3

Quote    Reply   

MissyJG

#3 [url]

Oct 7 14 12:23 AM

The style, the way it builds up, the belting, the whistle notes, the song in general reminds me of Your Mine/Mariah again. Lol. But in a good way. I do think the sample was unnecessary and that the song needed a stronger melody. The first single should've been stronger imo

Last Edited By: MissyJG Oct 7 14 12:27 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

robjv1

Posts: 10,760 True in love and wisdom, well off and witty, using god's sleeve to wipe the hell off the city.

#4 [url]

Oct 7 14 12:55 AM

It's pretty good! A grower maybe. I do like her work though, I am looking forward to the album.

Quote    Reply   

sainttropez

#5 [url]

Oct 7 14 9:02 AM

MissyJG wrote:
The style, the way it builds up, the belting, the whistle notes, the song in general reminds me of Your Mine/Mariah again. Lol. But in a good way. I do think the sample was unnecessary and that the song needed a stronger melody. The first single should've been stronger imo

We know first singles are never 'first' singles nowadays lol.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#6 [url]

Oct 7 14 11:02 AM

The chorus is actually giving me very strong 'My Love' teas along with the chord progressions.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#8 [url]

Oct 7 14 12:00 PM

Is this The-Dream? It sounds like a mix of My Love and that demo for Mariah They Don't Know Me. It sounds like a very nice album track, not a lead single.

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#10 [url]

Oct 7 14 3:53 PM

#25 on iTunes. Slaymar is back to book the R&B gerls

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

MissyJG

#11 [url]

Oct 9 14 2:24 AM

I thought I was just hearing things because Tamar is a lamb until I saw other non fans say the same thing that it reminds them of Your Mine..It's not a copy or anything and I like that Tamar is so inspired by Mariah (without copying her) but it made sense when I heard Harmony Samuals did the song. That guy is Ariana's producer and always behind songs that reminds you a little and sometimes a lot (Ariana) of Mariah.

Quote    Reply   

robjv1

Posts: 10,760 True in love and wisdom, well off and witty, using god's sleeve to wipe the hell off the city.

#14 [url]

Oct 23 14 6:12 PM

^ I'd say so haha. Those black background chair shots are very reminiscent of WBT.

Pretty boring video really, not too memorable.

Quote    Reply   

MissyJG

#16 [url]

Oct 25 14 8:00 AM

Yeah the chair scene reminds me of WBT. It's boring but she looks nice though. I only hate the glitter scene. It looks too.. low budget.

Last Edited By: MissyJG Oct 25 14 8:18 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

robjv1

#20 [url]

Nov 3 14 4:52 PM

So apparently she has Vitiligo like MJ had. One thing I've always wondered is why black artists often go lighter instead of darker -- is it harder to cover the lighter patches with dark makeup to match their skin tone rather than go overall lighter?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help