Remove this ad

carlos b fly

Administrator

#821 [url]

May 3 16 7:11 PM

^ Oh, that MET thing? That's why I'm seeing so many weird looking celeb fashion photos today. Madonna's would fall into the less successful for it lol

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Gospelartist03

#824 [url]

May 22 16 11:55 PM

haven't even bothered checking it out cause I knew, everyone knew it would be a mess. BET better come through,  smiley: laugh  at them being messy.  BUT we haven't forgotten their MJ debacle so not sure I would be blabbing if I was them.

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#825 [url]

May 23 16 7:12 AM

Gospelartist03 wrote:
haven't even bothered checking it out cause I knew, everyone knew it would be a mess. BET better come through,  smiley: laugh  at them being messy.  BUT we haven't forgotten their MJ debacle so not sure I would be blabbing if I was them.
BET usually does great tributes. Whitney's was Amazing.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#829 [url]

May 23 16 11:13 AM

What's ironic about these tributes is that Prince would have hated every one of them had he actually heard them. Regardless of who it was singing it. At least Mariah knew him well enough to dedicate a song to him without covering one of his songs. (I still can't believe she actually admitted he shaded her cover of TBO and just changed the subject "I like Honey" )

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

NhWxMaN

#830 [url]

May 23 16 12:26 PM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
BET being shady AF about Madonna's terrible Prince tribute tonight:
https://twitter.com/BETAwards/status/734584184447062016

lmao!  so glad they shaded her.  I thought madonna was horrible.  

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#832 [url]

May 23 16 2:03 PM

I get that Stevie Wonder is a (deserved) legend, but him being trotted out for these shows is tiresome. When he presents he makes the same blind jokes all of the time, and when he performs it's mediocre at best. He should just let his career speak for itself at this point.

Quote    Reply   

#833 [url]

May 23 16 2:25 PM

I do think that Madonna is one of the only legends fit to play tribute to Prince, but she was absolutely horrible last night. Her rendition of "Nothing Compares" reminded me on someone who was singing it in another room at karaoke last week and we asked the staff to make their volume lower. And that high note she attempted? My god.

Tbh, they should have had Sinead O'Connor do it smiley: wink

Last Edited By: jamiclever May 23 16 2:27 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#835 [url]

May 23 16 2:46 PM

jamiclever wrote:

Tbh, they should have had Sinead O'Connor do it smiley: wink

If they can find her before Arsenio Hall smiley: laugh

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#836 [url]

May 23 16 2:48 PM

mcfan wrote:
She should have performed a song he actually made popular period.

Yeah, I didn't like that she did what was originally a song for someone else. I know he did versions of it later in live shows and on an album but it was a hit for someone else essentially. In fairness, Madonna did do Purple Rain after with Stevie though.

Quote    Reply   

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#837 [url]

May 23 16 2:58 PM

mcfan wrote:

In general I've been surprised at how many artists have chosen "NC2U" as tribute, but then maybe it has to do with its message (saying no one compares to Prince) and even perhaps recognizing he didn't like cover versions of his songs (covering a song that wasn't directly associated with him versus a song that was truly his).

Meanwhile, I listened to "Love Song" today (i.e. the song Madonna wrote and sang with Prince). Madonna sounded pretty bad on it, no? That's my issue with her. Some of her songs are probably great, but so many of them are ruined by her singing to where I can't get into them.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#838 [url]

May 23 16 3:00 PM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
mcfan wrote:

In general I've been surprised at how many artists have chosen "NC2U" as tribute, but then maybe it has to do with its message (saying no one compares to Prince) and even perhaps recognizing he didn't like cover versions of his songs (covering a song that wasn't directly associated with him versus a song that was truly his).

Good points there. Maybe that explains it. It makes sense to me.

Quote    Reply   

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#840 [url]

Jun 11 16 4:07 PM

"Borderline" is easily one of my favorite Madonna songs, if not my favorite. But, yeah, her voice is just terrible now. Her timbre is so off-putting that even if she's on key, it doesn't sound like it. Why do people pay so much money to see/hear her?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help