Remove this ad

LegendaryShade

Posts: 2,883 Throwing Shade Since Your Fave Was Still Relevant

#21 [url]

Mar 22 14 1:18 PM

Madonna - New Album - Working with Avicii

Her last albums have had some good songs. Love Spent still slays and Girl Gone Wild is a bop. And the Pharrell tracks on Hard Candy have held up really well- the Timbaland tracks not so much.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

carlos b fly

Administrator

#22 [url]

Mar 22 14 2:46 PM

Mariahcareyfan123456 wrote:
Hard Candy grew on me. MDNA is awful but there are still 3 or 4 gems on the album. I'm looking forward to the new album.

Neither album is great but she has got one or two nice tracks on both. Miles Away is fantastic from Hard Candy and Love Spent from MDNA is also incredible. They've actually got a sound that stands out against the phoned in stuff. They just in general feel like such lazy albums and I found them both harmless and utterly forgettable. Not a crime but its MADONNA. You expect something epic from her.  

Quote    Reply   

hottiecasanova

"You think that's sexy? With the Rocket Pop's outside you?"

#23 [url]

Mar 22 14 8:29 PM

I don't think Hard Candy is great by any means, but it's not bad at all either. I really enjoy Miles Away, Devil Wouldn't Recognize You, Candy Shop and a quite a few others come to think of it. MDNA on the other hand I found to be quite dreadful, I only listened once or twice, but I really wasn't into it at all. One album I always find people slanting that I always loved is AL. I like almost every song on that entire album, I think they just made a huge mistake in making the title track a single. Anyways, I think this new single/album will easily smash WW. I mean you can see she's already changing her image to hippie/grannie/raver/transient to fit the mold perfectly. I wish others would take note of things going outside their very own limo-tinted windows so that maybe they'd have a clue as to what's hip no matter what genre/demographic/non-descript group of people/fans they're trying to reach because some artists just aren't cutting it anymore.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#25 [url]

Mar 24 14 6:12 AM

Well 'rebelheart' was one of the hashtags she posted on the instragrams picture of her fake fuzzy pits.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

Mar 25 14 1:56 PM

Horror: Madonna Is Being Allowed to Direct Yet Another Movie

This is insane: Madonna is going to direct another movie. Why? Cronyism. There’s no other explanation. Her “W.E.” was one of the great embarrassments in movie history. If you saw that piece of whatever, you remember the Duchess of Windsor dancing to punk music in front of the Duke’s death bed.

Now Madonna will direct a movie based on a novel by Rebecca Walker, the daughter of “Color Purple” author Alice Walker. Madonna will bring all her subtlety to the story of “Ade,” described on amazon thusly:

“When Farida, a sophisticated college student, falls in love with Adé, a young Swahili man living on an idyllic island off the coast of Kenya, the two plan to marry and envision a simple life together—free of worldly possessions and concerns. But when Farida contracts malaria and finds herself caught in the middle of a civil war, reality crashes in around them. The lovers’ solitude is interrupted by a world in the throes of massive upheaval that threatens to tear them apart, along with all they cherish.”

I mean, under Madonna’s eye, hilarity will ensue. What’s the deal here? First Anna Wintour puts Kanye and the wife on the cover of Vogue, now this. The general public must hear these things and wonder if everyone’s gone mad.

And it’s not just that Madonna can’t act and can’t direct. Financially, why would anyone get involved in this? Her last movie cost over $15 million. It made only $582,075 in the US and $285,000 abroad. Even the Brits didn’t want to see it. And this new movie is set in Africa, setting for Madonna’s hilariously stupid documentary “I Am Because We Are.”

Blame it on the Polar Vortex, I guess!

http://www.showbiz411.com/2014/03/25/horror-madonna-is-being-allowed-to-direct-yet-another-movie

Quote    Reply   

Migrate90

#28 [url]

Mar 25 14 2:37 PM

LMFAO that Golden Globe was for the theme song, "Masterpiece," which was actually one of the *few* genuinely nice Madonna songs in recent years, and I'm convinced it was bought for her. The GGs are a joke anyway.

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#29 [url]

Mar 25 14 2:39 PM

Migrate90 wrote:
LMFAO that Golden Globe was for the theme song, "Masterpiece," which was actually one of the *few* genuinely nice Madonna songs in recent years, and I'm convinced it was bought for her. The GGs are a joke anyway.

Yeah cause that song wasn't all that either

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#30 [url]

Mar 26 14 5:14 PM

She gets more pathetic and desperate with each album. This will just be some soulless garbage like MDNA. Looking back on her last few albums, American Life comes across as a masterpiece in comparison.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#32 [url]

Mar 27 14 3:41 PM

Mariahcareyfan123456 wrote:
I found the sex book at a used book store for only $100. I'm sorry but its too iconic to pass up. LMAO @ the bestiality shots.

Yeah I'd pay $100 too if I saw it. I believe it goes for a lot more than that online.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#33 [url]

Mar 27 14 6:49 PM

hottiecasanova wrote:
One album I always find people slanting that I always loved is AL. I like almost every song on that entire album, I think they just made a huge mistake in making the title track a single.

Its a weird old album AL. Its just horribly dour and boring. Nothing Fails and stuff like X-Static Process are nice but its just too serious for me. She did stuff like what's on AL far more interesting on albums like Music - Gone is a good example and a stunning song.  

Quote    Reply   

hottiecasanova

#35 [url]

Mar 27 14 6:55 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
hottiecasanova wrote:
One album I always find people slanting that I always loved is AL. I like almost every song on that entire album, I think they just made a huge mistake in making the title track a single.

Its a weird old album AL. Its just horribly dour and boring. Nothing Fails and stuff like X-Static Process are nice but its just too serious for me. She did stuff like what's on AL far more interesting on albums like Music - Gone is a good example and a stunning song.  

I haven't listened to Music since I bought it when it was brand new and hated it. I should probably give it another try since my tastes have changed so much over the years. I remember only liking Music, Don't Tell Me and Impressive Instant. On AL I loved Hollywood, Love Profusion and Nobody Knows Me and liked nearly every other song IIRC.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#36 [url]

Mar 27 14 7:07 PM

hottiecasanova wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
hottiecasanova wrote:

I haven't listened to Music since I bought it when it was brand new and hated it. I should probably give it another try since my tastes have changed so much over the years. I remember only liking Music, Don't Tell Me and Impressive Instant. On AL I loved Hollywood, Love Profusion and Nobody Knows Me and liked nearly every other song IIRC.

Music comes across pretty inferior after ROL. Its not a great album but passable (a masterpiece though compared to everything after it barring COAD). I like Music, Impressive Instant (that intro is EPIC), Gone and Paradise (despite its excessive auto tune, its quite haunting). AL has a few songs I rate but aren't crazy on - Nothing Fails, Hollywood, Love Profusion and X-Static Process.  

Quote    Reply   

hottiecasanova

#37 [url]

Mar 27 14 7:14 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
hottiecasanova wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:

Music comes across pretty inferior after ROL. Its not a great album but passable (a masterpiece though compared to everything after it barring COAD). I like Music, Impressive Instant (that intro is EPIC), Gone and Paradise (despite its excessive auto tune, its quite haunting). AL has a few songs I rate but aren't crazy on - Nothing Fails, Hollywood, Love Profusion and X-Static Process.  

See outside of the singles I didn't rate ROL either. I loved the singles, but after hearing all the hype I was shocked when I bought the album. I traded both of those in along with Michael Jackson's Bad and Whitney Houston's Whitney for something embarrassing like Stripped. Of course now that would never happen in a million years, but I was 17 and maybe my ears weren't as sensitive to screeching as they are now. As it stands now I only own COADf, a bunch of her Maxi-Singles and her hits collections, but I've been listening to her 80's and early 90's albums on Spotify and I'm actually liking them a lot more than I thought I would.

Quote    Reply   

houseofMusiC

#38 [url]

Mar 27 14 9:25 PM

I played Bedtime Stories again. I love all the singles they released "Secret", "Take A Bow", "Bedtime Story" & "Human Nature", I just wish they released "Survival" too.

20 years later this song is still a JAM:

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#39 [url]

Mar 30 14 9:09 AM

hottiecasanova wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
hottiecasanova wrote:

See outside of the singles I didn't rate ROL either. I loved the singles, but after hearing all the hype I was shocked when I bought the album. I traded both of those in along with Michael Jackson's Bad and Whitney Houston's Whitney for something embarrassing like Stripped. Of course now that would never happen in a million years, but I was 17 and maybe my ears weren't as sensitive to screeching as they are now. As it stands now I only own COADf, a bunch of her Maxi-Singles and her hits collections, but I've been listening to her 80's and early 90's albums on Spotify and I'm actually liking them a lot more than I thought I would.

ROL did have an amazing run of singles (and they released so many, its gotta be what, half the album anyway? You only have about seven tracks left that weren't singles lol). There are a lot of album tracks I like though. Candy Perfume Girl, Sky Fits Heaven and Mer Girl are great. Random sidenote but I also really love the sequencing.

Oh, and as you love AL I'd strongly recommended you revisit Gone from Music. It could have come off of AL.

Quote    Reply   

vinjer

#40 [url]

Mar 30 14 6:13 PM

kevo2002 wrote:
She must have new music coming out - The Cryptkeeper is pulling out all the stops for attention. Armpit hair is this era's tact this time. smiley: indifferent

article-2585894-1C753A7200000578-192_634

Things are getting scary!Nobody will dare get near that Crypt for sure!

Last Edited By: vinjer Mar 30 14 7:03 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help