Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Mar 2 14 7:40 AM

I'm loving the new layout!! I like how spacious and clean the new design is. The functions are still the same, and the posts are easy to read.. You've done a great job, Shayne

It even reads nicely on the iPhone, when you're not using the yuku app, which is another positive

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Mar 2 14 7:42 AM

timtawil wrote:
I'm loving the new layout!! I like how spacious and clean the new design is. The functions are still the same, and the posts are easy to read.. You've done a great job, Shayne smile.gif

It even reads nicely on the iPhone, when you're not using the yuku app, which is another positive smile.gif

Thanks, Tim! Glad you love it even though it's still a work in progress.

Quote    Reply   

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock
and we'll melt your popsicle

#23 [url]

Mar 2 14 8:12 AM

It looks nice, narrower like it was designed to be read on a cellphone, and cleaner. All the buttons are workin. I like it

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Mar 2 14 8:16 AM

Brazilian X Man wrote:
It looks nice, narrower like it was designed to be read on a cellphone, and cleaner. All the buttons are workin. I like it

Great!! Thank you.

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

Mar 2 14 8:25 AM

It will take a bit of getting used to. It's kind of hard to decipher the topics but it's probably just the colours and font, which can be changed. Like others have said, it's far better to read on a phone and the reply/quote buttons all seem to be working for me.

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

Mar 2 14 8:31 AM

mimifan09 wrote:
It will take a bit of getting used to. It's kind of hard to decipher the topics but it's probably just the colours and font, which can be changed. Like others have said, it's far better to read on a phone and the reply/quote buttons all seem to be working for me.
What do you mean re: the topics? There's two layout options, I'm wondering if yours is set on the one that turns them all into boxes instead of a classic forum layout....?

Or is it just a colour issue?

Glad everything is working for you.

Quote    Reply   

#27 [url]

Mar 2 14 8:57 AM

Shout out to the 'Active Topics' button/feature. If you haven't tried it yet, it creates a page with the most recently active topics from ALL forums into one page. 

Last Edited By: ShayneFly Mar 2 14 9:02 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Mar 2 14 9:11 AM

ShayneFly wrote:
mimifan09 wrote:
What do you mean re: the topics? There's two layout options, I'm wondering if yours is set on the one that turns them all into boxes instead of a classic forum layout....?

Or is it just a colour issue?

Glad everything is working for you.

Yeah it's just a colour/font issue and me having to get used to it. Before every topic stood out where as now they all kind of blend together and that's just cause of the colour/font. Everything else is fine.

Last Edited By: mimifan09 Mar 2 14 9:14 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

hottiecasanova

"You think that's sexy? With the Rocket Pop's outside you?"

#30 [url]

Mar 2 14 10:10 AM

mcfan wrote:
Kiiii what an unannounced mess.

Did you seriously expect one of the king's court jester's to grace us with an announcement?! We were lucky we got that half banner with Mariah's favorite word "soon" probably thought of as funny, by some, while most of us thought we were actually switching forums.... But of course no one on FOMM actually gets a vote, kind of like living in King's Landing.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

mcfan

#Beautiful

#31 [url]

Mar 2 14 10:53 AM

hottiecasanova wrote:
mcfan wrote:

Did you seriously expect one of the king's court jester's to grace us with an announcement?! We were lucky we got that half banner with Mariah's favorite word "soon" probably thought of as funny, by some, while most of us thought we were actually switching forums.... But of course no one on FOMM actually gets a vote, kind of like living in King's Landing.
A medieval Nazi mess.

Quote    Reply   

hottiecasanova

#32 [url]

Mar 2 14 11:05 AM

mcfan wrote:
hottiecasanova wrote:
mcfan wrote:

A medieval Nazi mess.

I spoke to him seriously and respectfully in the GD thread, but I highly doubt he'll respond. Too much logic. I don't understand people sometimes. I'm glad the board works better, hoo-ray! Why didn't WE get a say, it's ridiculous.

Quote    Reply   

#33 [url]

Mar 2 14 11:26 AM

Wow. I had typed out a response to your latest GD thread but then hit the wrong button on my phone and it disappeared. Its late here now and I was going to re-respond in the morning....

But now, yet again, another dig so why would I even bother.

Quote    Reply   

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#34 [url]

Mar 2 14 11:31 AM

Let me know if you'd like me to make a banner or anything graphic-wise.

Obviously, this is an abrupt change but it's certainly not the end of the world. I am hopeful that this change can make for a better user experience. There's only one way for us all to experience this new system and that's by trying it out. I don't see how else we could've tried it out without it being implemented. I assume we can go back to the old style if everyone really dislikes it that much?

Shayne, could you perhaps elaborate on what is different about this new version? So far I am not noticing much difference aside from it looking different.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Last Edited By: Vincent Mar 2 14 11:38 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

hottiecasanova

#35 [url]

Mar 2 14 11:36 AM

ShayneFly wrote:
Wow. I had typed out a response to your latest GD thread but then hit the wrong button on my phone and it disappeared. Its late here now and I was going to re-respond in the morning....

But now, yet again, another dig so why would I even bother.

Oh, whatever. Always an excuse (wrong button, really?). It wasn't even really a dig. We always got along just fine until you took over the board and suddenly had a power trip and you can take that however you want. I just think this current situation sucks, no matter who's fault/problem/issue it is. smiley: ohwell

Quote    Reply   

hottiecasanova

#36 [url]

Mar 2 14 11:39 AM

RnB Junkie wrote:
Let me know if you'd like me to make a banner or anything graphic-wise.

Obviously, this is an abrupt change but it's certainly not the end of the world. I am hopeful that this change can make for a better user experience. There's only one way for us all to experience this new system and that's by trying it out. I don't see how else we could've tried it out without it being implemented. I assume we can go back to the old style if everyone really dislikes it that much?

Shayne, could you perhaps elaborate on what is different about this new version? So far I am not noticing much difference aside from it looking different.

Also, as far as going ad-free, is that a possibility? How much would it cost? Or can I do it myself? *looks into it* They are so annoying.
Correct, but couldn't we have had a board discussion/meeting first? As far as ad free I think Lynn was the last contributor and that was a few years ago.

Quote    Reply   

Vincent

#37 [url]

Mar 2 14 11:49 AM

I removed that from my post because when I went to the home page I saw "remove this ad" - it costs $1 a month so I just paid for it. And there's a 99 cents for 3 months promotion.

We could've, yes, but that just seems to me like wasted energy. Maybe its because I've been webmaster and administrator of several websites and boards before so I understand this all better, but really the only way to try out or explain this kind of thing is to try it. From what it looks like to me, it's just a click of a button to go back to the old style. That'd be like us having a vote every time we change the banner and color scheme.

Regardless of any past occurrences, in this case it feels like to me that Shayne was directly responding to the posts about a need for change and perhaps went about doing it as a surprise with good intentions. Y'all then reacted angrily and it just seems a little unnecessary since it's really not the hugest change. It may look like it initially, but it's really not.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   

hottiecasanova

#38 [url]

Mar 2 14 11:52 AM

RnB Junkie wrote:
I removed that from my post because when I went to the home page I saw "remove this ad" - it costs $1 a month so I just paid for it. laugh.gif And there's a 99 cents for 3 months promotion. laugh.gif

We could've, yes, but that just seems to me like wasted energy. Maybe its because I've been webmaster and administrator of several websites and boards before so I understand this all better, but really the only way to try out or explain this kind of thing is to try it. From what it looks like to me, it's just a click of a button to go back to the old style.

Regardless of any past occurrences, in this case it feels like to me that Shayne was directly responding to the posts about a need for change and perhaps went about doing it as a surprise with good intentions. Y'all then reacted angrily and it just seems a little unnecessary since it's really not the hugest change. It may look like it initially, but it's really not.

That's all fine. Can I please humbly request through you that it be reversed that the lightning bolts be new posts and the black things be olds/read ones. Thank you in advance. smiley: winksmiley: tongue

Quote    Reply   

Vincent

#39 [url]

Mar 2 14 11:55 AM

Shayne, is there any way to make it say "5 minutes ago", "1 hour ago" etc instead of the date stamp?

Or is that a personal setting I have to change?

Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   

Vincent

#40 [url]

Mar 2 14 12:02 PM

hottiecasanova wrote:
Can I please humbly request through you that it be reversed that the lightning bolts be new posts and the black things be olds/read ones. Thank you in advance. imageimage

Girl, what are you talking about? I don't see lightning bolts anywhere. What kinda Harry Potter mess is going on on your screen?

Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help