Remove this ad

Lead

Mar 1 14 11:36 PM

Tags : :

FOMM has changed its format to a responsive design layout.

Of course, initially there will be some things we will all need to get familiar with and adjust to. However, overall, this should be a massive improvement on the overall look, feel and functionality of FOMM.

Please post any issues related to the new layout in this thread and we will endeavor to figure it out and attend to issues as soon as we can.


Last Edited By: ShayneFly Mar 2 14 12:29 AM. Edited 2 times

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#4 [url]

Mar 2 14 4:44 AM

Oh, shut up, Jasp. Seriously. You're such an annoyance, drama queen, attention seeker, whinger. Get a life.

Everyone was having issues with the board in its previous format to the point where it's so bad people have been looking at the option of moving the board altogether - which more than likely we would lose the whole history of the board and user accounts. 

This is an effort to fix all of them and modernise the board but of course, you and your ilk can never see beyond your own self-indulgent attitude.

Try being part of a positive solution instead of being, well, you!

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Migrate90

Posts: 3,787 Mimi's Bodyguard

#5 [url]

Mar 2 14 4:51 AM

smiley: eeksmiley: frownsmiley: eek  <====  this was my instant reaction when I logged in.

I didn't mind the previous format, personally, so this change doesn't sit well with me... I mean, the "add reply" and "quote" buttons seemed to work just fine when you scrolled down a bit, so it's not like there was an issue... *shrugs*


BUT BUT BUT if it's for the better then cool, I guess. I'm all for not moving the board altogether; I like that FOMM is locked/protected from trolls and random users/leeches and, as you say, moving it would probably lose all the previous threads, hall of shame, archives and whatnot. 

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Mar 2 14 4:55 AM

Migrate90 wrote:
smiley: eeksmiley: frownsmiley: eek  <====  this was my instant reaction when I logged in.

I didn't mind the previous format, personally, so this change doesn't sit well with me... I mean, the "add reply" and "quote" buttons seemed to work just fine when you scrolled down a bit, so it's not like there was an issue... *shrugs*

BUT BUT BUT if it's for the better then cool, I guess. I'm all for not moving the board altogether; I like that FOMM is locked/protected from trolls and random users/leeches and, as you say, moving it would probably lose all the previous threads, hall of shame, archives and whatnot. 
What about it doesn't sit well? We'll have to go through things and alter them to get it all 100% (and that's where everyone's input comes in). It may even be a matter of installing various layouts/designs until we hit the right one. It's a process but with everyone's patience we'll get there sooner rather than later.







Quote    Reply   
avatar

Migrate90

Posts: 3,787 Mimi's Bodyguard

#7 [url]

Mar 2 14 5:07 AM

^ It's actually a minor thing that bothers me - I dislike the design (background/theme/banner, whatever you wanna call it) as well as the font, but I guess those are fixable. Also, I don't like that the ''users online'' bar is at the bottom of the page now. 


I guess it's a mere issue of getting used to the "new" board anyway.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Stamos

Posts: 4,742 Las cosas se van a poner locas!

#10 [url]

Mar 2 14 6:40 AM

The add reply hasn't been fixed for me, but I can still use it by scrolling down just like before. 

Anyway, it is what it is, we'll get used to this again. 
Can we change that mustard color though?  




~~MCinGR  for the nostalgia ~~






Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Mar 2 14 6:46 AM

MCinGR wrote:
The add reply hasn't been fixed for me, but I can still use it by scrolling down just like before. 
Anyway, it is what it is, we'll get used to this again. 
Can we change that mustard color though? laugh.gif 


Can you try clearing your browser's cache and see if that fixes the add reply problem?

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Stamos

Posts: 4,742 Las cosas se van a poner locas!

#13 [url]

Mar 2 14 6:55 AM

ShayneFly wrote:
MCinGR wrote:
The add reply hasn't been fixed for me, but I can still use it by scrolling down just like before. 
Anyway, it is what it is, we'll get used to this again. 
Can we change that mustard color though? laugh.gif 


Can you try clearing your browser's cache and see if that fixes the add reply problem?

Done! Works fine now. 
Thanks Shayne




~~MCinGR  for the nostalgia ~~






Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Mar 2 14 7:01 AM

MCinGR wrote:
ShayneFly wrote:
MCinGR wrote:
The add reply hasn't been fixed for me, but I can still use it by scrolling down just like before. 
Anyway, it is what it is, we'll get used to this again. 
Can we change that mustard color though? laugh.gif 


Can you try clearing your browser's cache and see if that fixes the add reply problem?

Done! Works fine now. 
Thanks Shayne

Awesome! You're welcome smiley: happy

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Mar 2 14 7:03 AM

zxcorr wrote:
I love it!!!!!!
(skin/theme needs tweaking though)

Yes, it does! It's all new though so, just learning what works and what doesn't re: themes now. Might take a day or two to get a decent theme happening.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Stamos

Posts: 4,742 Las cosas se van a poner locas!

#17 [url]

Mar 2 14 7:11 AM

ShayneFly wrote:
MCinGR wrote:
ShayneFly wrote:

Can you try clearing your browser's cache and see if that fixes the add reply problem?

Done! Works fine now. 
Thanks Shayne

Awesome! You're welcome smiley: happy

False Alarm!!! 
It went back to not working now unless I do the scrolling down method. 
I'm sure this has to do with my using adblock and the invisible frames covering those buttons mid screen. smiley: ohwell




~~MCinGR  for the nostalgia ~~






Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Mar 2 14 7:12 AM

ShayneFly wrote:
Oh, shut up, Jasp. Seriously. You're such an annoyance, drama queen, attention seeker, whinger. Get a life.

Everyone was having issues with the board in its previous format to the point where it's so bad people have been looking at the option of moving the board altogether - which more than likely we would lose the whole history of the board and user accounts. 

This is an effort to fix all of them and modernise the board but of course, you and your ilk can never see beyond your own self-indulgent attitude.

Try being part of a positive solution instead of being, well, you!

Ooohh did you just insult me? not 1 but, 4 times?
Bad Shayne, bad BAD Shayne!!




Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Mar 2 14 7:15 AM

Try turning adblock off for FOMM and see if you can stand it with the new design.


I don't see any ads on FOMM but from what I've seen at other sites with this new design, the ads seem to a lot less intrusive. I guess it might be a case of the lesser of two evils.

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Mar 2 14 7:19 AM

jasp17 wrote:
ShayneFly wrote:
Oh, shut up, Jasp. Seriously. You're such an annoyance, drama queen, attention seeker, whinger. Get a life.

Everyone was having issues with the board in its previous format to the point where it's so bad people have been looking at the option of moving the board altogether - which more than likely we would lose the whole history of the board and user accounts. 

This is an effort to fix all of them and modernise the board but of course, you and your ilk can never see beyond your own self-indulgent attitude.

Try being part of a positive solution instead of being, well, you!

Ooohh did you just insult me? not 1 but, 4 times?
Bad Shayne, bad BAD Shayne!!


Oh, you're still here? I guess it takes time to organise a mass exodus....


...of 5 people.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help