Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

carlos b fly

Administrator

#1682 [url]

Apr 29 16 1:49 PM

mcfan wrote:
Lettuce prey it sucks balls.

As if that's stopped half her songs in the past from being successful? smiley: laugh

Quote    Reply   

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#1684 [url]

Apr 29 16 2:45 PM

So, Rihanna essentially has 4 singles out now (or coming out):

"Kiss It Better" - has a video and the song is top 30 at Top 40, but the bullet is decreasing; not going to be a hit
"Needed Me" - has a video and has bullets at Urban and Rhythmic and is
"This Is What You Came For" - dropped today and is #2 at iTunes and available for streaming and has a radio deal
"Too Good" - collaboration on Drake's new album, sure to be a single at some point

At this point I don't think "KIB" or "NM" are going to be huge hits in general. It remains to be seen how "TIWYCF" will do and whether the multiple Rihanna singles at once will hurt it. I think "Too Good" could end up being the biggest hit due to the presence of Drake as well as that one probably getting support from all radio formats.

Quote    Reply   

esettle0

Posts: 21,140 Reflections of your love have come to wither

#1685 [url]

May 1 16 12:25 PM

What an era... That Rihanna reign just won't... Spreading her legs for Drake panned out for her in the long run, but he can't do a salvage-the-era single with her every go round.

2s8pwfp.gif

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#1686 [url]

May 1 16 1:24 PM

esettle0 wrote:
What an era... That Rihanna reign just won't... Spreading her legs for Drake panned out for her in the long run, but he can't do a salvage-the-era single with her every go round.

2s8pwfp.gif

I'm impressed. That was an excellent little bit of shade wrapped in a well disguised compliment smiley: laugh

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#1687 [url]

May 1 16 1:27 PM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
So, Rihanna essentially has 4 singles out now (or coming out):

"Kiss It Better" - has a video and the song is top 30 at Top 40, but the bullet is decreasing; not going to be a hit
"Needed Me" - has a video and has bullets at Urban and Rhythmic and is
"This Is What You Came For" - dropped today and is #2 at iTunes and available for streaming and has a radio deal
"Too Good" - collaboration on Drake's new album, sure to be a single at some point

At this point I don't think "KIB" or "NM" are going to be huge hits in general. It remains to be seen how "TIWYCF" will do and whether the multiple Rihanna singles at once will hurt it. I think "Too Good" could end up being the biggest hit due to the presence of Drake as well as that one probably getting support from all radio formats.

One can only hope all this songs banging around at once will impact each others performance, as the sheer shitness of her songs sure as hell isn't being a factor.

Quote    Reply   

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#1688 [url]

May 1 16 4:46 PM

esettle0 wrote:
Between Drake and Eminem, they probably can. I mean, she and Drake have 4 songs together now, and obviously she and Eminem have two #1s together. I don't doubt for a second she may be on Eminem's new album if he releases one.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#1689 [url]

May 3 16 6:03 AM

Rihanna: Record holder for most #1s as a phoned in feature artist. #iconic

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#1690 [url]

May 6 16 3:06 PM

So "Kiss It Better" is a flop flop.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#1692 [url]

May 6 16 8:39 PM

mcfan wrote:
So "Kiss It Better" is a flop flop. happy.gif

It's not a surprise between her having multiple songs out, having a poor video for it, and Top 40 not loving her as of late.

The Calvin Harris song and/or the Drake collaboration could still hurt into hits.

Quote    Reply   

#1693 [url]

May 7 16 5:44 PM

ANTI is the first multi-platinum certified 2016 album! 2x platinum RIAA.

Rihanna has definitely been putting in the "work." The singer can now celebrate the fact her new album, ANTI, has just been certified double platinum.

After acquiring more than one million downloads in just 14 hours and topping the Billboard 200 chart back in February, Rih-Rih has hit another major milestone by being the first album in 2016 to go double platinum.

The singer shared the good news by tweeting, "#ANTI is the 1st album from 2016 to go @RIAA double platinum!!! Blown away by your support every day. thank you."

The RIAA confirmed the news and also made mention of the success of Rihanna's lead single, "Work," with rapper Drake, saying, "More Gold & Platinum accolades for @Rihanna: #Work is @RIAA’s first 3X multi-Platinum song of year! @RocNation."

http://abcnewsradioonline.com/music-news/2016/5/6/hard-work-pays-off-rihannas-anti-album-goes-double-platinum.html

tumblr_o131k8Nxge1rveoj6o1_540.gif

[USERNAME REMOVED BY REQUEST] wrote:
Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#1695 [url]

May 7 16 6:42 PM

Oh Lord 1 Platinum plaque for the copies Samsung bought and the other for the ones she still hasn't sold free streams.

I'd be embarrassed if I were her. Chile..

Quote    Reply   

#1696 [url]

May 7 16 9:21 PM

mcfan wrote:
Oh Lord 1 Platinum plaque for the copies Samsung bought and the other for the ones she still hasn't sold free streams.

I'd be embarrassed if I were her. Chile..

I KNEW you'd be in here lickety-split with the disclaimers!! smiley: laugh

Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

Quote    Reply   

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#1697 [url]

May 7 16 9:40 PM

Well, the inclusion of the 1 million copies given away is a pretty valid disclaimer smiley: laugh Yes her fans are streaming the hell out of the album and "Work" was a genuine hit, but this certification is still bogus.

Quote    Reply   

#1699 [url]

May 7 16 9:51 PM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
Well, the inclusion of the 1 million copies given away is a pretty valid disclaimer smiley: laugh Yes her fans are streaming the hell out of the album and "Work" was a genuine hit, but this certification is still bogus.

Oh it absolutely is. It's like the most fake 2x platinum cert ever. But that still doesn't change that I knew Mario would be poppin' in this thread QUICK. smiley: laugh

Quote    Reply   

#1700 [url]

May 7 16 9:54 PM

lissabird wrote:
wasn't sure if I wanted to put this here or the random Mariah thoughts thread image

I can NOT at those necks!smiley: rollsmiley: roll

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help