Remove this ad

mcfan

#Beautiful

#1661 [url]

Apr 21 16 10:48 AM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
mcfan wrote:
"Needed Me" is now #19 on iChunes.

It makes sense the video premiere would help it. Hopefully it settles back down today or tomorrow smiley: laugh

More so I hope Drake's "One Dance" turns into the monster hit it seems like it could be and prevents anything Rihanna does from being able to get to #1 smiley: tongue
"Panda" and "One Dance" are strong competition. The music video is very boring, I can't see it doing much beyond the first week and even with good Spotify streaming, it'll have to be massive to overcome crossover airplay and strong sales on top of the great streaming those two songs have.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

carlos b fly

Administrator

#1663 [url]

Apr 23 16 2:47 PM

mcfan wrote:

Sleep sleep.

Very. What a boring and plodding video, despite the obvious attempts at controversy with tits, guns and murder.

Quote    Reply   

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#1664 [url]

Apr 23 16 4:51 PM

I saw some headline for a review of the video that praised it as showing the body is the main for of expression or communication or something. I didn't bother to read it because I don't care, but my thought when I read the headline was, "Is that a justification for every one of her videos then?" I don't get why critics seem so into her; are they all just horny straight guys?

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#1665 [url]

Apr 23 16 5:33 PM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
 I don't get why critics seem so into her; are they all just horny straight guys?

It baffles me too. She's as dense and intelligent as a pile of bricks. Her approach to artistic expression boils down to nothing more of late than X rated displays. It shows the lack of maturity and depth to her rather than artistry. Total one trick pony.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#1668 [url]

Apr 28 16 8:57 AM

Ugh no. Hopefully it's a piss poor rehash Like Focus was to Problem.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#1670 [url]

Apr 28 16 10:18 AM

^Another phoned in #1

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

carlos b fly

Administrator

#1671 [url]

Apr 28 16 10:30 AM

Kevon wrote:
^Another phoned in #1 laugh.gif

I know. I'm almost praying Billboard do change the rules, if only to cut off the number of half arsed #1's she has.

Quote    Reply   

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#1673 [url]

Apr 28 16 6:55 PM

Apparently it has an iHeartRadio deal and will be played hourly on those stations tomorrow. And apparently Taylor Swift co-wrote the song.

I am surprised Rihanna's label would let this potentially block the success of her Anti singles. Drake better drop that "One Dance" video ASAP to block this new single and get his first lead #1

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#1674 [url]

Apr 28 16 6:58 PM

Drake's album is out tomorrow as well so that will deflect hype.

Rihanna is not a draw at Pop radio anymore, so I'm not worried about her having a deal, Calvin ain't a big name either.

Quote    Reply   

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#1675 [url]

Apr 28 16 7:03 PM

mcfan wrote:
Drake's album is out tomorrow as well so that will deflect hype.

Rihanna is not a draw at Pop radio anymore, so I'm not worried about her having a deal, Calvin ain't a big name either.

I'm not saying I am predicting the song to go to #1, but at the same time it's possible; if it goes to iTunes I can see it selling well (and more than "One Dance" and "Panda" that have been out awhile; plus won't "One Dance" have sales subtracted due to pre-orders?). The radio deal will give the Rihanna/Calvin song 50-60 million impressions if it does similarly to other songs with those deals. That puts it pretty close to what "One Dance" and "Panda" have for impressions. So, it would then be about streaming. If a video also drops tomorrow, we know Rihanna does well in streaming...and a video would help that even more. Look at how "Work" was #1 for 2 full months due to streaming. So, it is possible. But the fact that it's probably more of a pop song does hurt Rihanna at this point, which is an odd reality.

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#1679 [url]

Apr 29 16 11:03 AM

It's Amazing what a #1 hit can do to raise these gerls' profiles. Last year this chick was musical poison, nobody f*cked with her and even her "creative director" Kanye backed out from touring with her. Now she's on all these men's songs.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#1680 [url]

Apr 29 16 11:33 AM

This b*tch could get 1000 #2s for all I care, I don't. The song is not bad, it's a WFL retread and gets sleep sleep at some parts but it's more catchy then anything on ANTI. I won't comment on its potential success, I thought Work would flop hard so I clearly know nothing

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help