Remove this ad

Lead

Jan 2 14 4:59 AM

Tags : :

After not releasing an album in 2013, Rihanna will be back in 2014! I know FOMM is so excited!

DJ Mustard, currently signed to Roc Nation, said he is about to go in the studio for her new album:

Info on him:
http://rocnation.com/artists/dj-mustard/

Get Ready For a New Rihanna Album This Year

Rihanna surprised us all last year when she didn’t drop a new studio album, officially putting an end to her signature one-album-a-year release strategy. She won’t be skipping 2014, though, with The Guardian confirming that Riri’s got a new album in the works and it’s due out this year.

DJ Mustard also told Hip Hollywood this week that he’s heading into the studio with Riri soon to make some tunes for her new album. He wasn’t too specific, but he did say it’s “for the club.” Mustard’s known for his ratchet rap productions, like Tyga’s “Rack City” and YG’s “My N***a,” so he sounds like the perfect match for the “Pour It Up” songstress.

http://popdust.com/2014/01/02/get-ready-for-a-new-rihanna-album-this-year/

Last Edited By: seanjonmc Jun 19 17 11:28 PM. Edited 8 times

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Jan 3 14 5:29 AM

Rihanna is starting the year off great. The Monster spends it's 4th week at #1 on the Hot 100.

Digital sales for the week:
1. Pitbull feat. Ke$ha - Timber (442,000 | 1,979,000)
2. Eminem feat. Rihanna - The Monster (433,000 | 2,225,000) *2M

LOL @ Mario saying no one is buying this song.

Eminem, Rihanna Rule Hot 100 for a Fourth Week

'The Monster' rules for a fourth week, granting Rihanna another piece of chart history.

Eminem and featured artist Rihanna tally a fourth week at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 with "The Monster," which fends off Pitbull and Ke$ha's "Timber" at No. 2, also for a fourth week. With her continued reign, Rihanna moves into sole possession of the third-most total weeks at No. 1 (51) in the chart's history.

Meanwhile, Miley Cyrus re-enters the Hot 100 at No. 22 with "Adore You," the follow-up to her first No. 1, "Wrecking Ball." The new single concurrently starts atop the Streaming Songs chart following the Dec. 26 premiere of its video.

As always, let's dig deeper into the numbers behind the Hot 100's top 10.

Rihanna's 13th No. 1 and Eminem's fifth leader holds at the Hot 100's summit, posting a fourth week atop the Radio Songs airplay chart. It slips by 7% to 136 million in all-format audience impressions, according to Nielsen BDS. On Digital Songs, which it led for three weeks, "Monster" rebounds 3-2 with 433,000 downloads sold (up 124%), according to Nielsen SoundScan. "Monster" falls to No. 2 after a week atop Streaming Songs (4.7 million U.S. streams, down 38%, according to BDS) and drops 1-2 after six weeks at No. 1 on the subscription services-based On-Demand Songs chart (1.6 million, down 25%).

As "Monster" marks four weeks atop the Hot 100, Rihanna collects her 51st career week at the summit, pushing her past Boyz II Men (50 weeks) for the third-most weeks spent at No. 1 in the chart's 55-year history. Mariah Carey leads with 79 total weeks at No. 1 (via 18 toppers), followed by the Beatles (59 frames from 20 No. 1s). Usher rounds out the top five with 47 weeks at No. 1, thanks to nine leaders.

"Monster" spends a ninth week at No. 1 on both the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs and Rap Songs charts. It leads the Rhythmic radio-based list for a fifth week and Pop Songs and Rap Airplay for a fourth week each.

The song holds off Pitbull's "Timber," featuring Ke$ha, for a fourth week. "Timber" returns for a third week atop Digital Songs (2-1; 442,000, up 108%), but descends 4-6 on Streaming Songs (4.4 million, down 15%) and 5-6 on Radio Songs (100 million, down 3%).

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/5855137/eminem-rihanna-rule-hot-100-for-a-fourth-week-miley-cyrus-returns

"Stay," Rihallah's Unapologetic smash is the #10 digital selling song of 2013, per SoundScan:

"Stay" by Rihanna featuring Mikky Ekko is #10 (3,854,000). This is the third time Rihanna has had a song in the year-end top 10 since 2008 (when Nielsen SoundScan's songs recap originated). This sold an additional 57K copies in 2012.

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/music-news/chart-watch-top-10-albums-songs-2013-184702481.html

Stay peaked at #3 on the Hot 100, whereas the #9 selling song of the year, Bruno Mars' "When I Was Your Man" sold 3,928,000 and peaked at #1 on the Hot 100. I'd say the sales outweigh the airplay for Stay.

[USERNAME REMOVED BY REQUEST] wrote:
Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Jan 3 14 9:48 PM

I've noticed Kev has been kind of sassy lately. And I like it.

Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Jan 4 14 5:27 PM

mcfan wrote:
kevo2002 wrote:
Trying so hard laugh.gif
Always begging for my attention laugh.gif

tumblr_lvxro5f7Lp1qk9rn3o7_250.gif

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#9 [url]

Jan 4 14 7:29 PM

seanjonmc wrote:
I've noticed Kev has been kind of sassy lately. And I like it.
mariah-carey-shake-it-off-o.gif

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Jan 6 14 8:36 PM

So, I think this cover is fake, but the duet is real ... debuting next week.  Hmmm, shall be interesting.

1545059_783267741687707_261206418_n.jpg

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Jan 6 14 8:48 PM

Shakira & Rihanna's 'Can't Remember To Forget' Single Out Next Monday

One of the more anticipated single releases of our young year, Shakira's first single from her upcoming spring album, now has a launch date. "Can't Remember To Forget," featuring Rihanna, will be unveiled next Monday (Jan. 13).

The new single was previously confirmed to be dropping January, but Rihanna revealed the release date on Twitter on Monday morning (Jan. 6). Last month, Shakira and Rihanna were reportedly in Los Angeles filming the new song's music video with director Joseph Kahn.

Shakira's forthcoming studio album -- her first English-language effort since 2009's "She Wolf" -- is due out this spring on RCA/Sony Latin Iberia. The Colombian singer-songwriter will also be returning to NBC's "The Voice" as a coach this spring.

"Can't Remember To Forget" will follow another high-profile feature for Rihanna -- Eminem's "The Monster," which spent a fourth frame atop the Hot 100 chart last week.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/latin-notas/5862288/shakira-rihannas-cant-remember-to-forget-single-out-next-monday

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#17 [url]

Jan 7 14 8:56 AM

It's not like she's gonna get any respect for these records. I mean, anyone outside of her stanbase with an ounce of common sense isn't going to view her as being on par with the legends she's overtaking like Michael Jackson.

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Jan 7 14 12:59 PM

Getting your panties in a twist before you've even heard the song. smiley: laugh For anyone that thinks this could go #1, at this point it probably has a bigger chance of being a "Beautiful Liar" mess.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#19 [url]

Jan 7 14 1:23 PM

My panties remain untwisted, I think that's why I'm enjoying being sassy without getting into the fights, because I don't really curr

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Jan 7 14 2:09 PM

Sassy Kev >>>

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help