Remove this ad

Lead

Dec 12 13 10:19 PM

Tags : :

Anyone else getting crash messages only on this site after upgrading to 11?

Thanks

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

robjv1

Posts: 10,760 True in love and wisdom, well off and witty, using god's sleeve to wipe the hell off the city.

#2 [url]

Dec 13 13 9:34 PM

Re: Internet Explorer 11 Problems

yeah Firefox or Chrome -- IE is for masochists at this point and its only going to get worse. Even corporations with Microsoft infrastructure are abandoning IE.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Dec 13 13 11:19 PM

LOL, for masochists?

Okay, thanks. Guess I'll export all of my bookmarks, but it's weird since this is the only site that is causing a problem. Must be FOMM karma.

Quote    Reply   

robjv1

Posts: 10,760 True in love and wisdom, well off and witty, using god's sleeve to wipe the hell off the city.

#4 [url]

Dec 14 13 12:38 AM

You've been lucky haha. We have to test the software we write at work against various internet browsers and I am fighting more and more with IE with every release. It's the least secure major browser out there too, as Microsoft supports proprietary technologies that compromise the integrity of the computer it runs on and they keep doing it because... well when the Microsoft collective puts its mind to something it's hard to get them to change it lol

Really for the last 10 years or so as David mentioned though, the IE user base has been falling.  It's strongest base is in corporate use on cheap Dell workstations and such in companies that run all Microsoft software, but even they are moving onto Firefox and Chrome because of the security problems.  Even Safari (Mac computers and IOS devices) has a higher user base than the last version of IE.

Last Edited By: robjv1 Dec 14 13 12:44 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

matty tat tat

Let me speak quietly
So your heart can hear
I will hypnotise and mesmerise u
With the sound of your own fear

#5 [url]

Dec 14 13 1:47 AM

Internet Explorer 11 Problems

Go Safari.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#8 [url]

Dec 14 13 12:21 PM

Okay, so my IE problem and this thread have informed me that I'm an out-of-touch masochist who is still living in 2003. I love Charmbracelet!

Thanks!

Quote    Reply   

robjv1

#9 [url]

Dec 14 13 4:07 PM

Goathi wrote:
I didn't know people still used Internet Explorer. The last time I used it was 10 years ago.

When she used to be popular.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help