Remove this ad

Gospelartist03

#121 [url]

Jan 21 15 1:12 PM

no she did not send a pity check. Poor TLC they seemed so cool how they thought this was a good idea I have no clue.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

mcfan

#Beautiful

#122 [url]

Jan 21 15 1:25 PM

Vincent wrote:
She could've just wrote a song for them, that would've been worth more laugh.gif
Would the title have been "Homeless Confetti"? A hobo chic mess out

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#123 [url]

Jan 21 15 1:51 PM

Gospelartist03 wrote:
no she did not send a pity check. Poor TLC they seemed so cool how they thought this was a good idea I have no clue.

I know, make it stop. They'll only encourage others if it works smiley: laugh 

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#124 [url]

Jan 25 15 6:50 PM

223k now. Bloody hell. That figure is likely more than any label would throw at them on a project these days. If they keep on going, still with 24 days left they could potentially climb to 400 - 500k. While I'm expecting proper budget tracks from old friends haggled on a freebie or discount, they could get something half decent out of this with these funds. Of course, TLC don't seem massively savvy these days so they could just as easily blow it smiley: laugh

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#126 [url]

Jan 25 15 6:58 PM

mcfan wrote:
They will waste all of this money on tired Dallas Austin beats. Watch.

I don't even know if they get that far smiley: laugh They don't seem very business astute. Fingers crossed they won't waste peoples money and faith.

Quote    Reply   

Gospelartist03

#127 [url]

Jan 26 15 4:07 AM

the backlash will not be pretty But If they do it right it looks like this fund disaster is a built in marketing strategy so they'll be able to get a descent amount of headlines whenever they do release it

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#128 [url]

Jan 26 15 10:11 AM

Gospelartist03 wrote:
the backlash will not be pretty laugh.gif But If they do it right it looks like this fund disaster is a built in marketing strategy so they'll be able to get a descent amount of headlines whenever they do release it

Yeah, if they are smart, throw 20k of that money at a marketing agency and let them aid in getting this successfully to market. FFS, don't try and wing it themselves or with mates.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#129 [url]

Apr 20 17 2:12 PM

Any thoughts on the new TLC song?

I was a huge fan of theirs in the 90's-- I found this a little disappointing. Not a bad song, but was hoping for more for their big comeback. Hopefully the rest of the album will have some gems...

Quote    Reply   

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#130 [url]

Apr 20 17 10:06 PM

Yawn. Wish they'd just hang it up, or if they want to continue be T-Boz and Chilli not TLC.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#132 [url]

Apr 21 17 5:54 AM

Vincent wrote:
Yawn. Wish they'd just hang it up, or if they want to continue be T-Boz and Chilli not TLC.

I'm a mega fan but yes, totally agree. I feel like they're ruining the name by carrying on with this nonsense. I dont mind the song, its okay but not having Lisa onboard will never quite work for me. Worse, I dont know why they are doing this now. If TLC were going to continue, it should have been not long after Lisa's death. It would have allowed the brand to change and the public perception with it. 

Quote    Reply   

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#133 [url]

Apr 21 17 10:07 AM

Because they ran out of their post-death sales influx money.

Sorry to be cynical but I don't buy for a minute that they were as close with Lisa as they pretend to be now, not after all the messy drama that went down with basically every album after their debut.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#134 [url]

Apr 21 17 10:18 AM

Vincent wrote:

Sorry to be cynical but I don't buy for a minute that they were as close with Lisa as they pretend to be now, not after all the messy drama that went down with basically every album after their debut.

I'd agree. I mean, I'm sure they were utterly heartbroken when she died but they definitely had a massively up and down relationship that seemed to swing between sisterhood and rivalry in a heartbeat. 

Quote    Reply   

#135 [url]

Jul 3 17 1:21 PM

Has anyone heard the album yet? Loving all the shout outs to previous songs in "No Introduction", and the remastered versions included in the Deluxe edition sound cool too.

I don’t want no cake on my birthday, errday errrday.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help