Remove this ad

carlos b fly

Administrator

#101 [url]

Jan 19 15 7:21 PM

seanjonmc wrote:
MisplacedValidity wrote:
Vincent wrote:
T-Boz and Chilli are asking for donations from fans to help fund their next album roll.gif

http://time.com/3672641/tlc-kickstarter-new-album-lady-gaga/

The idea of them getting fans involved in the album is cute, but do they really need to ask for a donation? laugh.gif

I'm not surprised. I mean, it's pretty common with movies now, so why not music?

What TLC is doing is VERY cringeworthy.

It is. I don't wanna be horrible as this is TLC but the girls would be better letting it go now. They'll only dig the legacy into the ground. Is all this worth it at this stage in the game for some bargain basement kick starter project?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#103 [url]

Jan 20 15 12:41 AM

OMG if you donate $1000 you can go to the movies with T-Boz or Chilli. Yes you just read that correctly and I did not make that up.

Pledge $1,000 or more

TLC AT THE MOVIES - LA with T-BOZ.

You know we love the movies! Get your popcorn READY because T-BOZ will join you at the movies in LA!! Afterwards, we’ll talk about the movie, life…or whatever else you want. Plus, the vinyl, TLC scrapbook, dance school, fanmail, digital album, our list of favorite songs and Kickstarter exclusive remix!

Travel and accommodations not included.

[USERNAME REMOVED BY REQUEST] wrote:
Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#105 [url]

Jan 20 15 8:27 AM

seanjonmc wrote:
OMG if you donate $1000 you can go to the movies with T-Boz or Chilli. Yes you just read that correctly and I did not make that up.

Pledge $1,000 or more

You know we love the movies! Get your popcorn READY because T-BOZ will join you at the movies in LA!! Afterwards, we’ll talk about the movie, life…or whatever else you want. Plus, the vinyl, TLC scrapbook, dance school, fanmail, digital album, our list of favorite songs and Kickstarter exclusive remix!

smiley: laugh

This kind of beats the one Shayne Ward just did. You could go karaoke with him. Yes, really.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#106 [url]

Jan 20 15 8:29 AM

mcfan wrote:
They are embarrassing.

Terribly so. How much money can they realistically expect to even make from this?

Quote    Reply   

#107 [url]

Jan 20 15 12:09 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
seanjonmc wrote:

Pledge $1,000 or more

This kind of beats the one Shayne Ward just did. You could go karaoke with him. Yes, really.

smiley: roll

Could you imagine if Mariah put an offer like this on the table - spend $1000 and hang out at the movies with MC, eating popcorn and talking about life? The lamb chops would have the next 10 years of her life BOOKED! smiley: roll

Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#108 [url]

Jan 20 15 12:26 PM

seanjonmc wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
seanjonmc wrote:

Pledge $1,000 or more

Could you imagine if Mariah put an offer like this on the table - spend $1000 and hang out at the movies with MC, eating popcorn and talking about life? The lamb chops would have the next 10 years of her life BOOKED! smiley: roll
Yassss I'd sell my own house!

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#109 [url]

Jan 20 15 12:39 PM

mcfan wrote:
seanjonmc wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:

Yassss I'd sell my own house! laugh.gif

That would be brilliant. On the positive side, that TLC pledge has already made a lot in a short time. Maybe they'll actually pull this off smiley: eek

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#110 [url]

Jan 20 15 1:10 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
mcfan wrote:
seanjonmc wrote:

That would be brilliant. On the positive side, that TLC pledge has already made a lot in a short time. Maybe they'll actually pull this off smiley: eek

Their bird asses will not record an album with that money. First because they need more and then because they will probably spend it for their own crap.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#111 [url]

Jan 20 15 1:56 PM

mcfan wrote:
seanjonmc wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:

I'd take out a credit card and book like 10 movie dates with Mariah. smiley: rollsmiley: rollsmiley: roll  

Quote    Reply   

#112 [url]

Jan 20 15 1:58 PM

mcfan wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
mcfan wrote:

Their bird asses will not record an album with that money. First because they need more and then because they will probably spend it for their own crap.

That's what I was thinking, can $150k be enough to record a professional album? This isn't some indie record, TLC will need to work with major producers. And then promote it after that...

Quote    Reply   

#114 [url]

Jan 20 15 2:05 PM

Gospelartist03 wrote:
They're going on Tour with New Kids on the Block now thats the better way of making money TLC laugh.gif

MUCH better. Bless their hearts. smiley: laugh

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#115 [url]

Jan 20 15 2:08 PM

mcfan wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
mcfan wrote:

The T&C's of the pledge seem a bit iffy to me as well. Like, its almost saying they can't guarantee they'll even record the album even if they hit target. WTF?

Quote    Reply   

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#117 [url]

Jan 21 15 11:36 AM

carlos b fly wrote:
$105k raised already. Bloody hell.

Equivalent to selling 10,500 copies of a $10 album. Or $7,000 of a $15 album.

Flop.

They should've just put the album up for preorder, collected the coins and delivered the album when its ready. It'd look less thirsty.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#120 [url]

Jan 21 15 12:49 PM

She could've just wrote a song for them, that would've been worth more

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help