Remove this ad

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#81 [url]

Nov 29 13 9:15 PM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
i agree t-boz often sounded bad, but i like the timbre of her voice on a lot of their songs. and chili could kill a bridge! i think left eye had talent, but of my favorite tlc songs, almost none had left eye rapping on them. i still wear out these tlc tracks:

"baby-baby-baby"
"what about your friends"
"his story"
"ain't 2 proud 2 beg"
"creep"
"red light special"
"if i was your girlfriend"
"something wicked this way comes"
"silly ho"
"i'm good at being bad"
"damaged"
"hands up"

The bolded tracks have Left Eye on them. There's a version of "Baby-Baby-Baby" with her, as well.

The last two are irrelevant cause she was dead when they were recorded.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#82 [url]

Nov 30 13 10:54 AM

Yeah but Left Eye's parts on most of those tracks aren't the parts I use. I do think she was a big creative force in their sound, though. Not trying to say she wasn't. I'm just saying I didn't mind her not rapping on tracks.

Quote    Reply   

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#83 [url]

Nov 30 13 10:56 AM

RnB Junkie wrote:
Jason, what did they do to your Shift and Caps Lock keys?
When I am on my iPad if I capitalize certain letters it reads them as commands for some reason. I just don't bother with capitalization then.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#84 [url]

Nov 30 13 5:43 PM

mariahfan150 wrote:
^ Outside of QUEEN Left Eye, they really weren't that talented (even the Spice Girls wrote a lot of their music) I was watching their VMA performance from 1995 and their dance moves were weak as hell and as always T-Boz sounded a hot ass mess.

Really it was their unique group chemistry that made them what they were (and some amazing R&B tracks of course). Each member of TLC complimented the group and felt like they added something of value. Very few girlbands can lay claim to that. The Spice Girls would be the only other one. And in the same way that once Geri left Spice Girls they lost what made them work, the same thing happened when TLC lost Lisa. What they all contributed to the whole was needed to make it work.

That's why I wish they'd just retire TLC. Its like Spice Girls without Posh, you need all of them or it'll never have that X Factor.  

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#86 [url]

Jun 14 14 11:52 AM

Dropped from Epic. This time it's for real.

@OfficialTLCNews
TLC have officially been removed off Epic Records artist list. They are no longer signed to Epic Records. No new TLC album anytime soon.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#87 [url]

Jun 14 14 3:47 PM

mcfan wrote:
Dropped from Epic. This time it's for real.

@OfficialTLCNews
TLC have officially been removed off Epic Records artist list. They are no longer signed to Epic Records. No new TLC album anytime soon.

Even as a mega fan, I think this is for the best. TLC are not Destinys Child, the chemistry was differant and swapping out members in any capacity was just not an option for me. TLC with a member missing is just not TLC and really the group was over when Lisa left us. I've hated the idea of a new album. They should just go solo or form a new group without the baggage/expectations and stop trying to pass it off as TLC.

Quote    Reply   

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#88 [url]

Jun 18 14 5:13 PM

I've always liked "Case of the Fake People," which clearly borrows from "Back Stabbers" by The O'Jays. I don't see any credit for it in the album credits, though (Dallas Austin is the only writer listed, and the credits don't mention a sample, interpolation, or anything). WTH?!?!

Quote    Reply   

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#89 [url]

Jun 18 14 5:16 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
mariahfan150 wrote:
^ Outside of QUEEN Left Eye, they really weren't that talented (even the Spice Girls wrote a lot of their music) I was watching their VMA performance from 1995 and their dance moves were weak as hell and as always T-Boz sounded a hot ass mess.

Really it was their unique group chemistry that made them what they were (and some amazing R&B tracks of course). Each member of TLC complimented the group and felt like they added something of value. Very few girlbands can lay claim to that. The Spice Girls would be the only other one. And in the same way that once Geri left Spice Girls they lost what made them work, the same thing happened when TLC lost Lisa. What they all contributed to the whole was needed to make it work.

That's why I wish they'd just retire TLC. Its like Spice Girls without Posh, you need all of them or it'll never have that X Factor.  

Yeah, TLC was very much about the sum of the parts as opposed to any one member. Lisa did a lot behind the scenes, and some people like her rapping (I am not one of them). T-Boz had that really unique and sexy timbre. Chili had a soulful voice that really worked on bridges and other songs parts (see "Baby Baby Baby" and "Red Light Special"). Most of all they just wrote/picked good material and knew how to deliver it.

Quote    Reply   

Vincent

#91 [url]

Jan 19 15 1:54 PM

T-Boz and Chilli are asking for donations from fans to help fund their next album

http://time.com/3672641/tlc-kickstarter-new-album-lady-gaga/

The idea of them getting fans involved in the album is cute, but do they really need to ask for a donation?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   

#92 [url]

Jan 19 15 1:59 PM

OMG not a Kickstarter to fund their album!

Times are TOUGH. smiley: roll 

[USERNAME REMOVED BY REQUEST] wrote:
Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

Quote    Reply   

Vincent

#93 [url]

Jan 19 15 2:09 PM

Honeyyyyyyy......

They couldn't have made a merchandise store or put their tour tickets on sale early?

They couldn't get a line of credit???

They couldn't have just started a fan club and charged a membership fee?

They have a "pay $7500 and get a photoshoot with T-Boz and Chilli" I can't.

Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#94 [url]

Jan 19 15 3:31 PM

Vincent wrote:
T-Boz and Chilli are asking for donations from fans to help fund their next album roll.gif

The idea of them getting fans involved in the album is cute, but do they really need to ask for a donation? laugh.gif

Oh God! This is desperate. I love TLC for what they were and spent some time after Lisa passed thinking somehow maybe the group could continue (even though my gut said it wasn't right) but I think the question has honestly been answered over the years. 3D being a non-event and the remaining members being unable to focus the brand anywhere after that in well over ten years has really attended to the question of if the group has a future.

If it was ever going to work, it would have been around 2005. The moment has just truly passed on this one.

Quote    Reply   

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#97 [url]

Jan 19 15 5:40 PM

Vincent wrote:
T-Boz and Chilli are asking for donations from fans to help fund their next album roll.gif

The idea of them getting fans involved in the album is cute, but do they really need to ask for a donation? laugh.gif

I'm not surprised. I mean, it's pretty common with movies now, so why not music?

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#98 [url]

Jan 19 15 5:42 PM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
Vincent wrote:

I'm not surprised. I mean, it's pretty common with movies now, so why not music?

Is it. I always find it so cringe though.

Quote    Reply   

#99 [url]

Jan 19 15 6:13 PM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
Vincent wrote:

What do you consider "common?" I've heard of a few cases, but I'd hardly call it "common." The Veronica Mars movie comes to mind, but I thought that was because of the fans demanding it or something. What TLC is doing is VERY cringeworthy.

[USERNAME REMOVED BY REQUEST] wrote:
Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#100 [url]

Jan 19 15 6:58 PM

Kiiii. What kinda homelessness?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help