Remove this ad

avatar

LegendaryShade

Posts: 2,883 Throwing Shade Since Your Fave Was Still Relevant

#41 [url]

Oct 27 13 10:38 PM

I really like the song Gaga ended up writing for their album- apparently it won't appear on it due to label politics.


Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
avatar

carlos b fly

Administrator

Posts: 24,466 You'll never be ready. Memba I told you!

#42 [url]

Oct 28 13 8:25 AM

jasp17 wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
LegendaryShade wrote:
I love Fanmail *shrugs*


Don't worry, you aren't alone. Its one of my fave albums of all time smiley: happy smiley: happy
Yes here I come again, once againsmiley: laugh But HOW can you say that, yet think "Full Moon" (Which has the same type of sound but MUCH better songs and clearly MUCH better vocals) is badsmiley: frownsmiley: frownsmiley: frownsmiley: frown



  
OMG, OMG....I thought I had escaped it but no smiley: laugh smiley: laugh Full Moon is better vocally but I don't think it has the quality of songs, hooks or even diversity in the material. There. I said it.

*runs off like a maniac*

Quote    Reply   
avatar

carlos b fly

Administrator

Posts: 24,466 You'll never be ready. Memba I told you!

#43 [url]

Oct 28 13 8:28 AM

LegendaryShade wrote:
MisplacedValidity wrote:
You guys aren't giving details of what you love about Fanmail laugh.gif
What do you want, flow charts? smiley: laugh No Scrubs and Unpretty are among their best work. The title track, Silly Ho, Good at Being Bad, My Life, Dear Lie, and Automatic slay me to this day.

I know CSC is regarded as their best album, but the futuristic production on Fanmail is more my style.  



Ditto. I also liked the stuff like Don't Pull Out On Me Yet - some random old Shania Twain style track thrown in there. It wasn't just a futuristic R&B album back to back. Look at stuff like Unpretty.  

Quote    Reply   
avatar

LegendaryShade

Posts: 2,883 Throwing Shade Since Your Fave Was Still Relevant

#44 [url]

Oct 28 13 2:53 PM

TLC - Greatest Hits & Biopic - 'Meant to Be' new single.

carlos b fly wrote:
LegendaryShade wrote:
MisplacedValidity wrote:
You guys aren't giving details of what you love about Fanmail laugh.gif
What do you want, flow charts? smiley: laugh No Scrubs and Unpretty are among their best work. The title track, Silly Ho, Good at Being Bad, My Life, Dear Lie, and Automatic slay me to this day.

I know CSC is regarded as their best album, but the futuristic production on Fanmail is more my style.



Ditto. I also liked the stuff like Don't Pull Out On Me Yet - some random old Shania Twain style track thrown in there. It wasn't just a futuristic R&B album back to back. Look at stuff like Unpretty.

Ah I love that song! And yea, it's a very diverse album- ahead of its time in how it combined urban and pop/rock influences. I think the futuristic R&B thing is what the album is most known for though.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

kittykow105

Posts: 10,179 B!tch, don't kill my vibe...

#45 [url]

Oct 28 13 3:05 PM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
The movie seemed to have so many [unnecessary] inaccuracies. For instance, when they first hear a song of theirs on the radio, it's "What About Friends." Wasn't that their third single? And then for the famous breakdown Lisa did of how they didn't make money off CSC they are shown doing a radio interview, but that was done on Behind The Music. And then wasn't Lisa's "challenge" to the other girls actually in Entertainment Weekly and not Vibe as the movie states? It all just makes me doubt a lot of the movie.


Apparently, the sample used in "Aint 2 Proud 2 Beg" wasn't allowed to be used in the movie or something?  I forget.  And I thought the challenge was in Vibe, not EW? 

For me the big inaccuracy was that Chilli and Left Eye had not made up before she died, which was NOT the case in the movie.  In real life, they all were beefing and Left eye visited T-Boz in the hospital and made up with her before she left for Honduras. 

Quote    Reply   
avatar

hottiecasanova

Posts: 13,038


"You think that's sexy? With the Rocket Pop's outside you?"

#46 [url]

Oct 28 13 3:07 PM

I love Fanmail too, it's their best album, imo. I especially love the concept of putting actual fanmail on the cover in that collage.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

Posts: 39,802 He bites the metaphorical carrot.

#47 [url]

Oct 29 13 11:48 AM

kittykow105 wrote:
MisplacedValidity wrote:
The movie seemed to have so many [unnecessary] inaccuracies. For instance, when they first hear a song of theirs on the radio, it's "What About Friends." Wasn't that their third single? And then for the famous breakdown Lisa did of how they didn't make money off CSC they are shown doing a radio interview, but that was done on Behind The Music. And then wasn't Lisa's "challenge" to the other girls actually in Entertainment Weekly and not Vibe as the movie states? It all just makes me doubt a lot of the movie.


Apparently, the sample used in "Aint 2 Proud 2 Beg" wasn't allowed to be used in the movie or something?  I forget.  And I thought the challenge was in Vibe, not EW? 

For me the big inaccuracy was that Chilli and Left Eye had not made up before she died, which was NOT the case in the movie.  In real life, they all were beefing and Left eye visited T-Boz in the hospital and made up with her before she left for Honduras. 
Nope, she sent a letter to Ent Weekly:

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Vincent

Posts: 20,255


Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#48 [url]

Oct 29 13 12:09 PM

kittykow105 wrote:
For me the big inaccuracy was that Chilli and Left Eye had not made up before she died, which was NOT the case in the movie.  In real life, they all were beefing and Left eye visited T-Boz in the hospital and made up with her before she left for Honduras. 


Cause they're both big fat phonies.


_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

kittykow105

Posts: 10,179 B!tch, don't kill my vibe...

#49 [url]

Oct 29 13 12:56 PM

^^^ I tried to find the "Behind The Music" where they discussed it, but it's not online. They have a "remastered" one, but of course it conveniently leaves that out.

They should have kept it real. Chilli said that was one of her biggest regrets, so why not include that in the movie? It would teach people to not hold grudges and work things out ASAP.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

Posts: 39,802 He bites the metaphorical carrot.

#50 [url]

Oct 29 13 4:04 PM

^ Well, the movie clearly tries to paint Chili and T-Boz in the best light possible, which makes sense because they were behind the project.

I can see where Left Eye wanted to push in a different direction, but it was a trio so she also couldn't expect to get everything she wanted.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#52 [url]

Nov 12 13 12:03 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
jasp17 wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:


Don't worry, you aren't alone. Its one of my fave albums of all time smiley: happy smiley: happy
Yes here I come again, once againsmiley: laugh But HOW can you say that, yet think "Full Moon" (Which has the same type of sound but MUCH better songs and clearly MUCH better vocals) is badsmiley: frownsmiley: frownsmiley: frownsmiley: frown



  
OMG, OMG....I thought I had escaped it but no smiley: laugh smiley: laugh Full Moon is better vocally but I don't think it has the quality of songs, hooks or even diversity in the material. There. I said it.

*runs off like a maniac*
WHAAAT?!?!?!?! Ok "Fanmail" is cool, but asides from "No Scrubs" and arguably "Unpretty", it is totally hookless if compared to "Full Moon"! The melodies in this latter are sublime. I don't agree with jasp17 when he says both albums have the same sound though. "Fanmail" still has the pre-00's Darkchild trademark sound whereas "Full Moon" is the textbook example of his post-90's trademark sound/vocal production with the start-stop beats and the crisp/bright instrumentation (which IMO started to show with "Forever" by the Spice Girls).

I don’t want no cake on my birthday, errday errrday.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Colson

Posts: 18,954 FOMM Extraordinaire

#53 [url]

Nov 13 13 11:46 AM

Chilli is just plain nasty. I believe Pebbles when she said on Wendy today that Chilli was sleeping with LA Reid. She already had Dallas Austin, wasn't that enough?

Pebbles made a good point in that initially VH1 said that the movie was a true story, but then later on changed it and said that it all wasn't true. They knew that Pebbles was going to sue the hell out of them so they tried to clean it up. I'm glad she came on Wendy to clear her name but because of legal ramifications she couldn't really go into real detail about what happened.

Pebbles' daughter was on there too and still looked like she wanted to kick Chilli's a*s.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

kittykow105

Posts: 10,179 B!tch, don't kill my vibe...

#54 [url]

Nov 13 13 12:21 PM

Colson wrote:
Chilli is just plain nasty. I believe Pebbles when she said on Wendy today that Chilli was sleeping with LA Reid. She already had Dallas Austin, wasn't that enough?

Pebbles made a good point in that initially VH1 said that the movie was a true story, but then later on changed it and said that it all wasn't true. They knew that Pebbles was going to sue the hell out of them so they tried to clean it up. I'm glad she came on Wendy to clear her name but because of legal ramifications she couldn't really go into real detail about what happened.

Pebbles' daughter was on there too and still looked like she wanted to kick Chilli's a*s. laugh.gif
It's not hard to believe that Chilli may have gotten around at that time.  What is indisputable though is that Pebbles and L.A. Reid ripped TLC off.  I don't know why Pebbles keeps trying to front when they already settled out of court because it was obvious that TLC was not receiving enough profit from their deals with them.  That part boggles my mind.  I wish she'd just say "they signed the contract and it is what it is" and call it a day.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Colson

Posts: 18,954 FOMM Extraordinaire

#55 [url]

Nov 13 13 12:33 PM

Of course they got ripped off and signed a bad contract. But if LA Reid was f*cking Chilli, why didn't he help her later on after the divorce to Pebbles?

Quote    Reply   
avatar

carlos b fly

Administrator

Posts: 24,466 You'll never be ready. Memba I told you!

#59 [url]

Nov 21 13 4:03 PM

mcfan wrote:
EPIC dropped them. LA Reid is so shady laugh.gif


Yikes smiley: eek I can't tell how I feel on this. I really am not into them doing another album and if I am honest, don't want to see it happen without Lisa. 3D was pretty much a piece of sh!t.
  

Quote    Reply   
avatar

robjv1

Posts: 10,760 True in love and wisdom, well off and witty, using god's sleeve to wipe the hell off the city.

#60 [url]

Nov 21 13 4:17 PM

It's kinda hard to believe that the original incarnation of TLC has almost been 'not a thing' longer than it actually ever was a group. It's been almost 12 years since Lisa died, which blows my mind.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help