Remove this ad

mcfan

#Beautiful

Lead

Oct 8 13 4:32 PM

Tags : :

Chilli and T-Boz are returning to the music spotlight with an upcoming TLC greatest hits set and first release in over a decade. 

'Meant to Be' is a new song that will be on the album as well as part of the soundtrack to their biopic. 

TLC is currently featured on their biggest hit since 'Unpretty' in 2000, J. Cole's 'Crooked Smile' which has become a Hot 100 and R&B hit. 

Last Edited By: carlos b fly Apr 21 17 5:55 AM. Edited 1 time

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#3 [url]

Oct 8 13 10:49 PM

Ugh. The amount of hits collections released for artists these days is seriously ridiculous. TLC has like twice as many collections as actual albums

"Meant To Be" is nice enough, I guess, but it's not anything special either. It sounds like something an old boy band would have done. I really can't stand the "Hey!" parts in the background. But I miss hearing Chili on bridges and choruses!

Quote    Reply   

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#5 [url]

Oct 9 13 8:56 AM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
It sounds like something an old boy band would have done.

Soooo, what's your point?

Just kidding.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#6 [url]

Oct 9 13 9:22 AM

The track list for that GH is awful. I have no idea why they keep using the same awful one. Leaving off tracks like Dear Lie and Damaged is beyond dumb and songs that really should be given a spotlight for their 20th anniversary. I think TLC are one of the greatest RnB acts of all time so its a shame to see their 20th being handled so sloppily. This CD isn't even being released globally despite what their Facebook keeps saying.

On a sidenote, Fanmail is still one of the greatest albums of all time!

Quote    Reply   

hottiecasanova

"You think that's sexy? With the Rocket Pop's outside you?"

#9 [url]

Oct 9 13 11:42 AM

mcfan wrote:
I think 'Meant To Be' was produced by Stargate. That explains why it sounds like an old Ne-Yo track.

It could also be because Ne-Yo wrote the song. smiley: laugh

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#10 [url]

Oct 9 13 11:44 AM

hottiecasanova wrote:
mcfan wrote:
I think 'Meant To Be' was produced by Stargate. That explains why it sounds like an old Ne-Yo track.

It could also be because Ne-Yo wrote the song. smiley: laugh
He did? #oop

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

mcfan

#Beautiful

#11 [url]

Oct 16 13 7:15 AM

Chilli and T-Boz were on The Breakfast Club and dished out on their slave contract with Arista and Pebbles:

Apparently Pebbles was pressed on twitter right after this aired, reminding the world that TLC is nothing without her.

I had no idea she "owned" them and they were in a Danity Kane/Diddy situation Like Pebbles gets money from their sales even though they bought the name TLC for $3 million? 

Last Edited By: mcfan Oct 16 13 7:17 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

Ginger1.vivamariah19436

#12 [url]

Oct 16 13 8:58 AM

mcfan wrote:
Chilli and T-Boz were on The Breakfast Club and dished out on their slave contract with Arista and Pebbles:

Apparently Pebbles was pressed on twitter right after this aired, reminding the world that TLC is nothing without her.

I had no idea she "owned" them and they were in a Danity Kane/Diddy situation laugh.gif Like Pebbles gets money from their sales even though they bought the name TLC for $3 million? 
Really?  Their original contract gets all the blame, but that happens all the time.  I feel that deal they signed with Pebbles is worse.

Quote    Reply   

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#14 [url]

Oct 25 13 11:56 AM

How did left eye not at least make some money off the debut since she had some co-writing credits?

And i had never thought about personal aspects of Chili and Dallas working together on "Creep." Yowza.

Quote    Reply   

hottiecasanova

#16 [url]

Oct 25 13 1:07 PM

kittykow105 wrote:
Didn't Mariah have some deal with Ben Marguiles? Can someone explain that situation?

If I remember correctly he got half her album royalties through Rainbow, which explains why she wasn't as well off as she should have been until the Virgin deal.

Quote    Reply   

Colson

#18 [url]

Oct 25 13 1:56 PM

mcfan wrote:

I had no idea she "owned" them and they were in a Danity Kane/Diddy situation laugh.gif Like Pebbles gets money from their sales even though they bought the name TLC for $3 million? 

From what I read, Pebbles is contemplating suing them. She's getting all lawyered up right now.

Quote    Reply   

hottiecasanova

#20 [url]

Oct 25 13 2:01 PM

Colson wrote:
Why would she sign that type of agreement with him? That doesn't make any sense.

She signed it back when they were still working in the wood shed or whatever.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help