Remove this ad

carlos b fly

Administrator

#861 [url]

Jul 27 17 8:02 AM

mcrespect wrote:
I don't know much about technicalities but her singing has always been too aggressive, esp. when it comes to live performances. 

Depressingly, I wouldn't be surprised if her technique has already killed off her voice in-between 2002 - 2007. She was quite open in saying how she was singing on Stripped was not the normal way she'd do it and quite extreme (the irony of it becoming the norm), it must have been a real trauma on her instrument (remember she went on an extensive tour in 2003 as well). 

No wonder she sounded like a cheese grater by the time of Back 2 Basics.  

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#862 [url]

Jul 27 17 10:52 AM

Hearing her attempt that climax of "The Voice Within" was really depressing. It's true though -- her live voice has been pretty terrible from the start. I remember watching her sing live even in the very beginning of her career and seeing her struggle a ton.

I sometimes think she sounds great on record -- Your Body, for example, is a terrific vocal. Her falsetto is really pretty, but her full voice can sound truly awful when not used properly.

Quote    Reply   

#865 [url]

Jul 27 17 7:44 PM

jamiclever wrote:
Hearing her attempt that climax of "The Voice Within" was really depressing. It's true though -- her live voice has been pretty terrible from the start. I remember watching her sing live even in the very beginning of her career and seeing her struggle a ton.

I sometimes think she sounds great on record -- Your Body, for example, is a terrific vocal. Her falsetto is really pretty, but her full voice can sound truly awful when not used properly.
True that. It remained in my memory when i became a fan when she debuted, even at her prime, she really struggled to hit those high notes i.e I Turn To You, Come On Over, Beautiful, Fighter...

www.k-e-i-t-h.deviantart.com / www.instagram.com/drawingkeith

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Kevon

Administrator

#866 [url]

Jul 28 17 9:02 AM

breakbreakdown wrote:
Btw, is Queen a new slang insult for women ? Not used to see Christina Aguilera threads with flattering titles laugh.gif
No, go a page back and you'll see someone posted it - Xtina has started signing her posts calling herself Queen. Humble as ever.

People are simply mocking her like when she said only "True Music Lovers" would appreciate Lotus.smiley: laugh

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

#869 [url]

Migrate90 wrote:
I think Legend should release a single *now* to save OSD's record. Tbh.

Mariah, You're on Fire!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help