Feb 9 17 10:08 AM

She is coming to flop for our sins again on Easter 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Kevon

Administrator

#822 [url]

Feb 9 17 10:51 AM

Wonder if anyone has deciphered the lyrics in the back of that pic. "Say!" "Ha!"

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

hottiecasanova

"You think that's sexy? With the Rocket Pop's outside you?"

#824 [url]

Mar 17 17 3:14 PM

God she's such a joke. When I first saw the ads previewed online I thought for sure they were done for like China or Japan only or something. It's truly laughable that she talks about leaving The Voice where she was highly paid like it was a choice. smiley: laugh

Quote    Reply   

hottiecasanova

#826 [url]

Mar 17 17 5:40 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
^ Is she ;properly leaving? Don't they rotate judges in and out yearly? One year on, one year off?

The Voice does 2 seasons per year, she used to do one of the 2 seasons every year, but hasn't been on for a few years. She had taken one full year off and then made her 'triumphant' return one season, but that was her swan song, I don't keep up with those type of shows as much anymore after being put through the ringer with AI after Mariah's season, but I still follow TV in general closely. At one point she was making like 12m per season, like 4m more than Adam or Blake- the true stars of the show and they are on every season.

Quote    Reply   

#827 [url]

Mar 17 17 6:11 PM

So what's next?. I like her music but it seems she doesn't care at all. This is the woman that her fans say surpassed Mariah's career and impact on singing. Lol

Does she at least have solid back catalogue sales?.

Quote    Reply   

hottiecasanova

#828 [url]

Mar 17 17 6:18 PM

Supremebird wrote:
So what's next?. I like her music but it seems she doesn't care at all. This is the woman that her fans say surpassed Mariah's career and impact on singing. Lol

No. She only even had 2 big albums and they were damn near twenty years ago. B2B was a flop for an artist of her caliber in 2006 terms and everything after has been radioactive, save her features, but those don't net her or the label a load of money, hence the Oreo commercials. Girl has to get her late night fast food binge on post-drink after all. smiley: laugh

Quote    Reply   

#829 [url]

Mar 17 17 6:44 PM

hottiecasanova wrote:

Supremebird wrote:So what's next?. I like her music but it seems she doesn't care at all. This is the woman that her fans say surpassed Mariah's career and impact on singing. Lol

No. She only even had 2 big albums and they were damn near twenty years ago. B2B was a flop for an artist of her caliber in 2006 terms and everything after has been radioactive, save her features, but those don't net her or the label a load of money, hence the Oreo commercials. Girl has to get her late night fast food binge on post-drink after all. image

Well B2B did ok. It reached aroound 5M copies. It was an underperformance. But she had some success. And had a hit song and tour. But it's funny that some of her fans want to talk about her legacy and career achievements being above Mariah. When she couldn't make it past her 3 album. While Mariah's vocal style keeps influencing artists worldwide today. Jlo and xtina. Some fans of these 2 have been working together lately. Trying to drag Mariah's stats and impact. Using streams as evidence. When the truth is, Mariah may not be having big views on youtube with her new songs. But she has classics with strong views and airplay. That also sell more in back catalogue sales. That's why i asked what's next. Because you'd think she is doing great things, by the way some of her fans (and jlo fans) want to try it with bigger music names. But oh well. At the end of the day, we all know Mariah outsold them both combined worldwide, has better back catalogue sales than them. And still is more influential by far in the singing field.

Last Edited By: Supremebird Mar 17 17 6:47 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

Ginger1.vivamariah19436

#830 [url]

Mar 18 17 1:22 PM

hottiecasanova wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
^ Is she ;properly leaving? Don't they rotate judges in and out yearly? One year on, one year off?

The Voice does 2 seasons per year, she used to do one of the 2 seasons every year, but hasn't been on for a few years.
She had taken one full year off and then made her 'triumphant' return one season, but that was her swan song, I don't keep up with those type of shows as much anymore after being put through the ringer with AI after Mariah's season, but I still follow TV in general closely. At one point she was making like 12m per season, like 4m more than Adam or Blake- the true stars of the show and they are on every season.
She was on last year.

She's supposedly releasing an album this year.  She's been working on it since before her daughter was born.  And I remember some producer describing it as "ratchet".

Last Edited By: Ginger1 Mar 18 17 1:25 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

carlos b fly

Administrator

#831 [url]

Mar 18 17 3:24 PM

hottiecasanova wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:

The Voice does 2 seasons per year, she used to do one of the 2 seasons every year, but hasn't been on for a few years. She had taken one full year off and then made her 'triumphant' return one season, but that was her swan song, I don't keep up with those type of shows as much anymore after being put through the ringer with AI after Mariah's season, but I still follow TV in general closely. At one point she was making like 12m per season, like 4m more than Adam or Blake- the true stars of the show and they are on every season.

That's a shame (for her). Keeping her bum on a Voice seat was frankly the most and only way for her to be relevant with the public.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#832 [url]

Mar 18 17 3:29 PM

Supremebird wrote:
hottiecasanova wrote:

Supremebird wrote:So what's next?. I like her music but it seems she doesn't care at all. This is the woman that her fans say surpassed Mariah's career and impact on singing. Lol

No. She only even had 2 big albums and they were damn near twenty years ago. B2B was a flop for an artist of her caliber in 2006 terms and everything after has been radioactive, save her features, but those don't net her or the label a load of money, hence the Oreo commercials. Girl has to get her late night fast food binge on post-drink after all. image

But it's funny that some of her fans want to talk about her legacy and career achievements being above Mariah.

Even objectively, her fans are delusional. Christina was on a clear and then plummeting decline after just three albums. She really is a two album wonder. She has only three enduring hits. Barring a peak in 2003 over Europe, Christina doesn't even that much of a legacy amongst artists of her era like Britney or Beyoncé, let along against someone like Mariah. 

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#835 [url]

Mar 18 17 3:41 PM

mcfan wrote:
Ginger1 wrote:
And I remember some producer describing it as "ratchet".

CAVIAR RATCHET. 

I still need this to be the album title smiley: laugh

Quote    Reply   

hottiecasanova

#836 [url]

Mar 18 17 3:52 PM

mcfan wrote:
Ginger1 wrote:

CAVIAR RATCHET. 

I'm having a t-shirt printed. I'm not kidding. smiley: laugh

Quote    Reply   

Ginger1.vivamariah19436

#837 [url]

Mar 18 17 4:38 PM

mcfan wrote:
Ginger1 wrote:

CAVIAR RATCHET. 
That sounds like something she would say.  And like she's inventing a new genre.

For the last couple of albums, it's been the same MO.  Album flops, tour cancelled for low tickets sales, and she doesn't promote after release week.  I forgot which flop album it was, but she got all pissy because it didn't sell well.  And basically said it was because the concept was too high brow for the masses to understand. 

It's also funny that this thread was started almost exactly four years ago.

Quote    Reply   

#838 [url]

Mar 18 17 7:43 PM

carlos b fly wrote:

Supremebird wrote:
hottiecasanova wrote:

But it's funny that some of her fans want to talk about her legacy and career achievements being above Mariah.
Even objectively, her fans are delusional. Christina was on a clear and then plummeting decline after just three albums. She really is a two album wonder. She has only three enduring hits. Barring a peak in 2003 over Europe, Christina doesn't even that much of a legacy amongst artists of her era like Britney or Beyoncé, let along against someone like Mariah. 

Europe. The continent where Music Box alone sold as much as xtina with all her albums combined. Yet i have heard some of her fans saying she has a bigger career there than Mariah. LOL.

Quote    Reply   

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock
and we'll melt your popsicle

#839 [url]

Jun 4 17 9:16 AM

Aguilera calls herself Queen now

For Gay Pride Month, Billboard asked numerous pop culture luminaries to write 'love letters' to the LGBTQ community. Below, outspoken ally Christina Aguilera -- who received an GLAAD Media Award for her "Beautiful" music video -- shares hers. Read more Pride Month love letters here.

www.billboard.com/articles/news/pride/7809654/christina-aguilera-gay-pride-month-love-letter?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it

--------------------------------------------

As we embark on pride month I wanted to reach out and put into words just how much the LGBTQ community means to me both as an artist and also as a human being. What I envisioned being a simple letter to write is actually much harder than I expected mainly because I keep asking myself, "how can I put into words the immense gratitude that fills my heart?." I just can't. And this community, this family of exceptional human beings mean so much to me I feel so much pressure to articulate my love for you all, yet here goes.

Starting out in my career there was a lot of uncertainty for me as to who I was and where I fit in. So many labels and so many of societies rules telling me how I should be and what I should be. Yet even in my earliest years when I wanted to scream and jump out of my own skin for not fitting the perfect pop star mold there was a small group of friends that stood by me and still do today. My own little gay inner circle filled with dancers, choreographers and glam folks that to this day remain my best friends in the world.

As my career moved forward and I began making music that spoke to my pain and struggles there were fans that came out to me with stories that literally lifted me up. Those were all my LGBTQ fans that through thick and thin stand with me daily. My fighters, my heroes, the reason I love what I do.

The LGBTQ community has never had it easy, the struggles each one of you faces daily on an individual level and on a broader political and cultural level are unimaginable, yet you keep fighting, you keep moving forward trailblazing and beating all odds with love always in your hearts.

I remember meeting a fan who had just gotten a tattoo of my face near a scar he had. When I asked him why he got the tattoo he told me a story about how he got stabbed because he was sticking up for himself when someone was bulling him about being gay. That because of me, and my music, he was able to be a fighter and to take a stand – he did get stabbed but he survived and the tattoo was a daily reminder that while people can try to break us we will not fall, we will not stand down and we will not be afraid to stand up for what we deserve.

In this month of June and every other day of the year please know that to me you all represent the daily driving voice that tells me to keep going, to triumph against all odds and to celebrate being unique. Because being unique doesn’t make us different from anyone else – it just makes us more special.

With love, with respect, with passion, with commitment, with gratitude and admiration I say to all you fighters – I love you.

- Queen

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help