Remove this ad

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#801 [url]

Dec 14 16 8:35 PM

^You seem to suggest RCA gave her a choice. Christina was a liability for them, just like Leona Lewis was, or any other artist that's ever been dropped (I mean it happened to Mariah Carey after one freakin album).

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

carlos b fly

Administrator

#802 [url]

Dec 14 16 8:44 PM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
^You seem to suggest RCA gave her a choice. Christina was a liability for them, just like Leona Lewis was, or any other artist that's ever been dropped (I mean it happened to Mariah Carey after one freakin album).

I am and I don't know they did. Neither do you. If they weren't interested in a new deal then its a closed case, she had to find a new home. I think she could have wrangled a new deal and if she could and instead went to Universal thinking she's destined for a massive career resurrection and will be their queen bee, she's in for a big shock.

It should also be pointed out that Sony wanted Leona Lewis to stay (confirmed by Simon Cowell). Leona parted ways from them for lack of career ideas.   

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

In the sands of time

#803 [url]

Dec 14 16 8:51 PM

^I feel like every time a flop artist is dropped it's all 'we've decided to part ways' PR fluff, when really everyone knows like your last three albums bombed and you're about as relevant as a popsicle in Antarctica, so.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#804 [url]

Dec 14 16 9:01 PM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
^I feel like every time a flop artist is dropped it's all 'we've decided to part ways' PR fluff, when really everyone knows like your last three albums bombed and you're about as relevant as a popsicle in Antarctica, so.

I believe its true in both these cases.

Leona gave a very detailed account why she wanted out. They just had lame ideas and were forcing her down endless covers projects and second or third hand ideas no other artists wanted in the label. She had a career vision and songs she wanted to make and had them pretty much already done for her Universal deal. Will Young was the same - he'd had actually a lot of success at Sony (his last Sony album was a critical and commercial hit) but felt they were running out of ideas for him and driving him towards safe, housewives music.

Both went to Universal and came out with bad albums that sold poorly or flopped.

Unlike Sony, they had nothing behind them to cash in off as utterly new artists to the label, so their failures were a lot more isolated and exposed.

Its not always a disaster. Robbie Williams made a pretty successful move from EMI to Universal for example. But I think going to a new label after so many years in another is massively high pressure when you're an artist on the outs and your glory days are all anyone cares for. You're bringing nothing with you so the new project has to be a success. Christina is practically a legacy artist already because she's made so many bad music decisions. The odds of her delivering anything impressive for Universal are remote imo.     

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

In the sands of time

#805 [url]

Dec 14 16 9:27 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
BeyondIdolization wrote:

Christina is practically a legacy artist already because she's made so many bad music decisions.    

A legacy artist with no legacy

dreadful

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#806 [url]

Dec 14 16 9:51 PM

On another note, it appears this whole story was misreported anyway. She's got a publishing deal with Universal but is still with RCA.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#808 [url]

Dec 16 16 3:58 AM

Xtina told Kylie Jenner to dress as her for her birthday? Talk about clinging on for dear relevancy

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#812 [url]

Jan 17 17 8:31 AM

http://www.latintimes.com/7-reasons-why-britney-spears-has-had-better-2016-christina-aguilera-407308

2017 and still it's Britney carrying her in the press.

DEAD @

Fake Attitude Fame Vs. Charming Brit

Christina’s alleged bad attitude has been slowly destroying her career through the years. Staff members and contestants from "The Voice" expressed this year their discomfort with Xtina’s behavior. We’ve been listening about this forever, like when Britney confessed that it wasn’t herself the one who was distant during the MTV Video Music Awards rehearsal but the other way around. "A lost girl? I think it's probably the other way around. I can't believe she said that about me. When someone has been rude to you so many times, it's like, 'You know what, Christina, I'm really not about the fake anymore,," she said, according to US Weekly. Britney on her side, has been supported by a lot of artists during 2016 and she is known for being totally approachable.

Was there not talk of them doing a song together? I guess that won't be happening any time soon.

Quote    Reply   

#816 [url]

Jan 17 17 6:31 PM

Caviar ratchet eh? Looks like we're in for another fabulous Clowntina flop era. Too bad they never last that long.

[USERNAME REMOVED BY REQUEST] wrote:
Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#817 [url]

Jan 18 17 5:14 AM

Delicious. My second favourite time on FOMM to Mariah releasing a new CD is a new Clowntina era and all the floppiness that comes with it. #truemusicloversunite

You know RCABabyJane is going to deliver some innuendo packed lyrics punctiated with a myriad of HA!s and SAY!s

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#819 [url]

Feb 9 17 10:04 AM

mcfan wrote:
LMAO @ caviar ratchet.

Can you imagine if that was the album title? I'd actually give it a few points regardless of material quality just for the name.

Quote    Reply   

Stamos

#820 [url]

Feb 9 17 10:05 AM

carlos b fly wrote:
mcfan wrote:
LMAO @ caviar ratchet.

Can you imagine if that was the album title? I'd actually give it a few points regardless of material quality just for the name.

+1 for originality 

~~MCinGR  for the nostalgia ~~

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help