Remove this ad

Gospelartist03

#661 [url]

Sep 28 15 3:53 PM

Didn't she diss miss independent. Something like "oh yea I wrote that little song and kinda grew out of it" Xstinga was always a hater.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Kevon

Administrator

#662 [url]

Sep 28 15 4:14 PM

Vincent wrote:
Clown also wrote Fighter lol. Then again she also cowrote "Miss Independent."

Yeah. "Wrote" smiley: laugh

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

NhWxMaN

#663 [url]

Oct 18 15 3:14 PM

Christina to the Today Show regarding her new album:

"[I'm] taking a love for yoga and breathing ... not looking at it as an exercise, but just feeling more one with the Earth and everyone being connected, it'll definitely have a reflection on the new record."

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#664 [url]

Oct 18 15 3:32 PM

^DEAD.

Christina Aguilera ft. Sounds of the Ocean doing a duet with whales.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#670 [url]

Feb 8 16 3:11 PM

LMAO how did I miss this? Go Jewel.

'I don't want any extra runs or trills for vanity.' Then to Christina 'That's what you're good at' smiley: roll 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#671 [url]

Feb 8 16 5:41 PM

After Gaga's great rendition of the anthem last night, I went back to watch some other ones to see how it measured up.

Needless to say, Xtuna's was far and away the worst... Even Roseanne was more pleasant

Quote    Reply   

#672 [url]

Feb 26 16 12:59 AM

Another classic Christina Aguilera interview is out!!

She talks about her new album, coming later this year. For anyone keeping track, Lotus came out in Nov 2012, so that's another 4 year album break for Xtina. But really longer, since Lotus was a fake album/era. Her humble thoughts:

I’ve been loosely working on it the last couple of years. But I really started toward the middle and end of last year to really buckle down and meet with new collaborators and producers, people I want to work with and people I have never worked with before. I can’t say much about it yet because I want to wait until it’s good and ready. I am working on it and will be ready when it can be the authentic masterpiece that it deserves to be. But later this year, most likely.

She talks about her idols, Whitney Houston and Etta James:

Definitely Whitney [Houston]. She’s the ultimate to me. Her and Etta James, both of whom are no longer with us. I would want that raw grit and soul and authenticity. Etta James had such raw vocal ability, and Whitney had this effortless vibrato with an amazing pop technicality.

Never one to miss an opportunity to compliment herself, she talks about her versatile she is:

I can be very eclectic and switch genres. I can sing anything from Andrea Bocelli and Puff Daddy to The Rolling Stones and Dave Navarro to something more obscure and ballad-esque. Being half-Spanish myself, that’s also an important part of my journey.

Or discuss how successful she started, and then had to find herself and beat the odds! Now she can share her story and educate aspiring singers.

When I first came on the scene, I wasn’t doing music what I personally wanted to do or music that was necessarily as heartfelt. I had a monster record, but I had to go in and work with other producers [later] to figure out musically what kind of artist I wanted to be and how to show my true self. Having to fight to be my own person and my own artist, I’ve learned a lot, so I’ll be sharing that to help others be able to come out the other side after the course, hopefully understanding themselves better without having had to sandpaper their way through.

Unbelievable!!...or all too predictable?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/christina-aguilera-joining-online-education-868623

[USERNAME REMOVED BY REQUEST] wrote:
Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#677 [url]

Feb 26 16 3:40 PM

seanjonmc wrote:
Another classic Christina Aguilera interview is out!!

She talks about her new album, coming later this year. For anyone keeping track, Lotus came out in Nov 2012, so that's another 4 year album break for Xtina. But really longer, since Lotus was a fake album/era. Her humble thoughts:

I’ve been loosely working on it the last couple of years. But I really started toward the middle and end of last year to really buckle down and meet with new collaborators and producers, people I want to work with and people I have never worked with before. I can’t say much about it yet because I want to wait until it’s good and ready. I am working on it and will be ready when it can be the authentic masterpiece that it deserves to be. But later this year, most likely.

She talks about her idols, Whitney Houston and Etta James:

Definitely Whitney [Houston]. She’s the ultimate to me. Her and Etta James, both of whom are no longer with us. I would want that raw grit and soul and authenticity. Etta James had such raw vocal ability, and Whitney had this effortless vibrato with an amazing pop technicality.

Never one to miss an opportunity to compliment herself, she talks about her versatile she is:

I can be very eclectic and switch genres. I can sing anything from Andrea Bocelli and Puff Daddy to The Rolling Stones and Dave Navarro to something more obscure and ballad-esque. Being half-Spanish myself, that’s also an important part of my journey.

Or discuss how successful she started, and then had to find herself and beat the odds! Now she can share her story and educate aspiring singers.

When I first came on the scene, I wasn’t doing music what I personally wanted to do or music that was necessarily as heartfelt. I had a monster record, but I had to go in and work with other producers [later] to figure out musically what kind of artist I wanted to be and how to show my true self. Having to fight to be my own person and my own artist, I’ve learned a lot, so I’ll be sharing that to help others be able to come out the other side after the course, hopefully understanding themselves better without having had to sandpaper their way through.

Unbelievable!!...or all too predictable?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/christina-aguilera-joining-online-education-868623

I love the fact I can read her interviews and it feels like a p!ss take parody but no, its legit and she really does still churn out nonsense like this unfiltered smiley: laugh

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#678 [url]

Feb 26 16 3:44 PM

seanjonmc wrote:
 For anyone keeping track, Lotus came out in Nov 2012, so that's another 4 year album break for Xtina. But 

I can't believe its been that long but she's never learned from taking unneeded big breaks every campaign. Her career would be in a much better state if she'd got albums out faster, even more so in the 2000's. She's lacking a connection with audiences because she just didn't pump out enough hits when she had the chance and takes ludicrous gaps that make it worse. There was no logical reason to wait four or five years after the success of Stripped. 

Or take another big break after that when Back To Basics flopped.

Quote    Reply   

#679 [url]

Feb 26 16 4:46 PM

I can't believe the woman is still dining out off of what essentially amounts to one decent album and a pile of mediocrity with a sprinkling of crap. I mean, if she hadn't had the success with the 'Stripped' era, would she even still be a thing?

Quote    Reply   

#680 [url]

Feb 26 16 6:27 PM

Martin E wrote:
I can't believe the woman is still dining out off of what essentially amounts to one decent album and a pile of mediocrity with a sprinkling of crap. I mean, if she hadn't had the success with the 'Stripped' era, would she even still be a thing?

Her fans hold on to the Stripped era so hard. It's almost all they've got. And it wasn't even that commercially successful or critically acclaimed. smiley: eyes

[USERNAME REMOVED BY REQUEST] wrote:
Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help