Remove this ad

avatar

mcfan

Posts: 35,004

#Beautiful

#81 [url]

Nov 15 14 11:13 AM

carlos b fly wrote:
mcfan wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:

The first two (while both talented) are not promising signs in regard to him moving away from chasing pop/dance trends. I guess this 'fad' of his is basically his new normal for his music. Maybe proper R&B Usher is just dead and gone smiley: ohwell


He hasn't released a Pop song from this project yet. All of these singles have been R&B.  

And? I'm discussing he is working with two major pop/dance producers. We don't even know if any of these other aimless 'buzz singles' will make it onto the final album if he ends up recording loads more new songs. 

And  there is no sign that shows he's gonna release a Pop mess as a single. They may be on the album, but they may not be promoted.

  

  
  

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
avatar

carlos b fly

Administrator

Posts: 24,481 You'll never be ready. Memba I told you!

#82 [url]

Nov 15 14 1:05 PM

mcfan wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
mcfan wrote:

He hasn't released a Pop song from this project yet. All of these singles have been R&B.  

And? I'm discussing he is working with two major pop/dance producers. We don't even know if any of these other aimless 'buzz singles' will make it onto the final album if he ends up recording loads more new songs. 

And  there is no sign that shows he's gonna release a Pop mess as a single. They may be on the album, but they may not be promoted.

  



The last few years he's demonstrated a very clear habit of running off to generic pop drivel the second his superior R&B material didn't set the charts alight. He is the Enrique of R&B now. Desperate for a hit, he'll happily abandon his roots to chase the most reliable formula to a Top 20. This looks to be exact same thing. He does it every time now. He doesn't have any faith in his genre work anymore.  
  

Quote    Reply   

#85 [url]

Dec 8 14 1:32 PM

I hear "I Don't Mind" on the radio a lot now, it has got to be his worst song lyrically (and when an artist has a song about signing divorce "Papers," that's saying something).

On a side note, I heard "U Don't Have To Call" on the radio this weekend as well; that song is still a jam.

[USERNAME REMOVED BY REQUEST] wrote:
Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."


Quote    Reply   
avatar

mcfan

Posts: 35,004

#Beautiful

#86 [url]

Dec 8 14 2:02 PM

seanjonmc wrote:
I hear "I Don't Mind" on the radio a lot now, it has got to be his worst song lyrically (and when an artist has a song about signing divorce "Papers," that's saying something).
Nuh uh! You will NOT do "Papers" like that. That jam was messy as hell and I lived!




  

  
  

Quote    Reply   

#87 [url]

Dec 8 14 2:28 PM

mcfan wrote:
seanjonmc wrote:
I hear "I Don't Mind" on the radio a lot now, it has got to be his worst song lyrically (and when an artist has a song about signing divorce "Papers," that's saying something).
Nuh uh! You will NOT do "Papers" like that. That jam was messy as hell and I lived! laugh.gif




  


   "Papers" was a HOT mess. smiley: laugh

I'd damn near lost my mama, I'd been through so much drama
I'd turned into the man I never thought I'd be
I'm ready to sign them papers, papers, papers 

[USERNAME REMOVED BY REQUEST] wrote:
Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."


Quote    Reply   
avatar

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

Posts: 39,802 He bites the metaphorical carrot.

#88 [url]

Dec 8 14 2:31 PM

seanjonmc wrote:
On a side note, I heard "U Don't Have To Call" on the radio this weekend as well; that song is still a jam.
That has always been a jam!

Quote    Reply   

#89 [url]

Dec 8 14 2:38 PM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
seanjonmc wrote:
On a side note, I heard "U Don't Have To Call" on the radio this weekend as well; that song is still a jam.
That has always been a jam!


8701 had the best run of singles - U Remind Me, U Got It Bad and U Don't Have To Call. All classics to me TBH and all have aged VERY well.
  

[USERNAME REMOVED BY REQUEST] wrote:
Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."


Quote    Reply   
avatar

carlos b fly

Administrator

Posts: 24,481 You'll never be ready. Memba I told you!

#90 [url]

Dec 8 14 2:56 PM

mcfan wrote:
NOT the worst song he's released getting him a radio hit! "I Don't Mind" is terrible indifferent.gif


I hadn't heard it until you mentioned but its a bit basic, isn't it? Really flat and hollow.  
  

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
avatar

mcfan

Posts: 35,004

#Beautiful

#92 [url]

Dec 8 14 3:20 PM

seanjonmc wrote:
mcfan wrote:
seanjonmc wrote:
I hear "I Don't Mind" on the radio a lot now, it has got to be his worst song lyrically (and when an artist has a song about signing divorce "Papers," that's saying something).
Nuh uh! You will NOT do "Papers" like that. That jam was messy as hell and I lived! laugh.gif

"Papers" was a HOT mess. smiley: laugh

I'd damn near lost my mama, I'd been through so much drama
I'd turned into the man I never thought I'd be
I'm ready to sign them papers, papers, papers 
The chorus is not even all that. Get into the verses!

I can't get to work on time
Can't believe the words to her I just said
But who the hell argue and fight like dogs at 6 in the morning?
I know it's gonna be some more sh tonight

Our pastor's callin', tellin' me I done went too far
And I'm seen around town and my friends can't recognize me
'Cause I took a chance on love
It's like I'm dyin'

I ain't afraid to say I got needs but the only time you're here for me
Is when the bottles poppin' and everything is sweet
But I, I'm tired of sleeping in the other room spending them long nights
Trying to figure out what in the hell in my heart I ain't do right

Kiiii!


  

  
  

Quote    Reply   
avatar

mcfan

Posts: 35,004

#Beautiful

#93 [url]

Dec 8 14 3:22 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
mcfan wrote:
NOT the worst song he's released getting him a radio hit! "I Don't Mind" is terrible indifferent.gif

I hadn't heard it until you mentioned but its a bit basic, isn't it? Really flat and hollow.  


Worse than basic. Lyrics about glorifying a stripper, really?
  

  
  

Quote    Reply   
avatar

mcfan

Posts: 35,004

#Beautiful

#94 [url]

Jan 28 15 11:19 AM

So "I Don't Mind" is #1 at Rhythmic radio, #6 at Urban and #27 at Pop.
It is also top 10 on R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay

I hope he's at least doing a video for it at this point and that he'll finally drop the album.

  
  

Quote    Reply   

#96 [url]

Jun 17 16 1:19 PM

I feel like Usher has been trolling us for years. I wonder if the album will come out in 2016...

[USERNAME REMOVED BY REQUEST] wrote:
Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."


Quote    Reply   
avatar

mcfan

Posts: 35,004

#Beautiful

#97 [url]

Jun 17 16 8:02 PM

seanjonmc wrote:
I feel like Usher has been trolling us for years. I wonder if the album will come out in 2016...
IKR I'll believe it when I see it. 

Not that I'm highly enthusiastic about either song right now, but the album should be cute and I wanna listen.

  
  

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Vincent

Posts: 20,259


Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#100 [url]

Aug 25 16 2:35 PM

He is so annoying on Snapchat. lol. I followed because he posted a thirst trap of his peen covered in an emoji and there's been nothing like it since then.

Damn publicity stunt. A Madonna level mess.


_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help