Remove this ad

Kevon

Administrator

#1481 [url]

Jan 5 17 6:12 PM

^That was all JHo was known for back in the day, far moreso than her music. Which celebrity was she going to have a short lived marriage to next.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

mcfan

#Beautiful

#1483 [url]

Feb 21 17 6:03 PM

LMAO @ her saying she doesn't get a day off performing when she's sick. Mariah's quote started playing in my mind "If I had the luxury of not having to sing my own songs..."

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#1484 [url]

Feb 21 17 6:25 PM

Is Jennifer realistically a big enough act for Superbowl? Ten years ago, even six, sure. Now? I'm sure they'd much rather book Rihanna or some other huge current popstar.

Quote    Reply   

#1486 [url]

Feb 21 17 6:47 PM

I hate to admit it but I think she'd actually be great for the half-time show. I think there would be a guest or two (they'd probably get at least Pitbull to join her), but she does put on a great show and has been killing it with her Vegas show (in terms of sales). I'd personally rather see Rihanna do it, but I don't think it's a long-shot. Sadly, I think she has a better chance than Britney

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#1487 [url]

Feb 21 17 7:01 PM

jamiclever wrote:
I hate to admit it but I think she'd actually be great for the half-time show.

Oh, I think she'd be good. She knows how to deliver a decent stage show and she's got a few fair old school hits to roll out for a setlist. At this stage though, she's just not a big enough name for Superbowl though, is she? To say it would be a stepdown after Beyoncé, Madonna, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga is an understatement.

Quote    Reply   

#1488 [url]

Feb 21 17 7:50 PM

^ Hmmm, it's hard to say. She's for sure a stepdown musically from those ladies, but she's certainly on their level as a celebrity. Obviously she's been flopping with all of her latest music, but she's still such a huge global name and her performing skills are still so great that I'd imagine her stock is pretty high. Her Vegas residency has been doing incredibly and she's booked a bunch of high-profile events in the last few years. Tbh out of everyone left who hasn't done it yet, she'd be in my top 3-4 choices.

When was the last time she toured? Anybody have any numbers on how that did?

Ps I'm not gonna be banned for all of this JLo positivity am I? I promise I don't really know her...

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#1490 [url]

Feb 21 17 8:05 PM

jamiclever wrote:
 Obviously she's been flopping with all of her latest music

You're being very generous. Don't you mean all? smiley: laugh smiley: laugh

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#1491 [url]

Feb 21 17 8:12 PM

She hasn't sold albums since 2002, so lets pour that tea, ok? This Is Mrs. Affleck sold 2+ million, disappointing considering it had two big hits and one moderate hit, and then Rebirth in 2005 couldn't even crack a million. She's been going downhill ever since. Even those trite Pitfall songs couldn't save her.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#1492 [url]

Feb 21 17 8:19 PM

Vincent wrote:
Even those trite Pitfall songs couldn't save her.

Well.......Pitbull did help give her On The Floor, the/one of the biggest hits of the year back in 2011. It was like someone shocked the corpse of her music career and gave it a few gasping breaths of life. Albeit, she still flat lined anyway after that valiant recovery smiley: laugh  

Quote    Reply   

Vincent

#1493 [url]

Feb 21 17 8:26 PM

Yeah, but the album went Certified Morgue, that was my point... that it didn't save her album sales.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   

#1494 [url]

Feb 21 17 9:09 PM

Vincent wrote:
My vote is for P!NK until further notice.
I'd love for Pink to do it! She'd be really great too.

Sadly, I have a feeling this is all a moot point-- I'm guessing Taylor Swift is gonna come back with an album later this year and snag the halftime show. 

Which I would not be excited for at all because, pardon my French-- I think she SUCKS! Laugh

Quote    Reply   

Gospelartist03

#1496 [url]

Feb 22 17 5:35 AM

carlos b fly wrote:
Vincent wrote:
 the album went Certified Morgue

OMG smiley: roll

smiley: laugh smiley: laugh This! 

and to the discussion, wtf does Pink have to do to get this gig, at this point  its either gonna be nostalgic acts like bon jovi... or Rhianna, Justin, Pink and Tay have to be the last few left on their short list, and then they may consider jlo 

Quote    Reply   

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock
and we'll melt your popsicle

#1497 [url]

Feb 22 17 8:06 AM

J Low has been past her prime for more than a decade now. By the time the next Super Bowl comes, it's going to be +1 year being irrelevant. There are many others who are more relevant and would put a better show as well.

Quote    Reply   

Vincent

#1498 [url]

Feb 22 17 5:14 PM

Gospelartist03 wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
Vincent wrote: the album went Certified Morgue

OMG image

image image This! 
and to the discussion, wtf does Pink have to do to get this gig, at this point  its either gonna be nostalgic acts like bon jovi... or Rhianna, Justin, Pink and Tay have to be the last few left on their short list, and then they may consider jlo 

Apparently, some miracle similar to whatever Beyoncé has to do to win AOTY.

Taylor sucks an equal amount of dick with an equal amount of bad vocals in comparison to J.Lo but at least she can write a song and has success deserving of the Super Bowl. It'd be whack tho.

Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#1499 [url]

Feb 23 17 10:24 AM

Gospelartist03 wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
Vincent wrote:
 the album went Certified Morgue

OMG smiley: roll

smiley: laugh smiley: laugh This! 

I'd actually forgotten about Taylor. She is very likely a good candidate. I'd consider it a total lock as well if she releases a new album by years end.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#1500 [url]

Feb 23 17 11:26 AM

Anything but J-ho. Why do people continue to care about this trick that was cute for a hot minute in the early 2000s?

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help