Remove this ad

DutchLamb

#41 [url]

Aug 27 11 8:28 AM

The album has sold 248,100 so far in the UK, but it has dropped to nr. 17 in midweeks. Didn't "Best Thing.." peak at nr.1 in airplay over there?
What's the next single in Europe?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

breakbreakdown

#43 [url]

Aug 27 11 8:35 AM

carlos b fly wrote:
It does look a bit cheap but I like the overall idea. Personally, I think the whole thing should have been done in a total one shot and just let Beyonce hold the moment with her magnetic presence and the beauty of the song.

I disagree. Firstly, I wish "cheap" looked like this video. To me, definition of cheap is Mariah's Auld Lang Syne. Secondly, all of the Beyoncé's shots are amazingly beautiful! This video is miles betther than Broken Hearted Girl, for instance (still can't get over the kitsch rose scene)

Quote    Reply   

#47 [url]

Aug 27 11 11:25 AM

Party is a great track for Urban and most Rythmic outlets but are they thinking pop will jump on board?
Are there intentions for another release for them?
That's why Countdown probably would have been a good idea for release now.
It could get easy Urban and Rythmic play and has some crossover potential. Plus parts of the song has that sassy attitude that only B can give.
I'm assuming because Party was getting a decent amount of play on it's own. They decided to go with that one.

I think considering up to 2 weeks ago Beyonce didn't have a smash at one raido format her cd is selling very well so far.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#50 [url]

Aug 27 11 7:39 PM

breakbreakdown wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
It does look a bit cheap but I like the overall idea. Personally, I think the whole thing should have been done in a total one shot and just let Beyonce hold the moment with her magnetic presence and the beauty of the song.

I disagree. Firstly, I wish "cheap" looked like this video. To me, definition of cheap is Mariah's Auld Lang Syne. Secondly, all of the Beyoncé's shots are amazingly beautiful!

So because Beyonce looks beautiful, the video isn't cheap looking/low budget? You'll have to try harder than that. Beyonce could crawl out of a toilet bowel and look stunning.

Lets now got for the low blow either - Mariahs video was so low brow, it wasn't even industry standard.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Migrate90

#51 [url]

Aug 28 11 8:04 AM

Seems like Mariah will be in good company. Beyonce confirmed to be doing the X-Factor too...

----

'X Factor' bosses 'secure Beyoncé for Judges' Houses'

Celebrity Birthdays: Beyonce Knowles

X Factor bosses have reportedly secured Beyoncé to be a mentor during the Judges' Houses stage of the competition.
The singer will act as a sidekick to new judge and fellow Destiny's Child star Kelly Rowland. The pair will film the episodes in Miami in two weeks time.
Producers are said to be "thrilled" to have Beyoncé help out on The X Factor. The news follows predictions from Xtra Factor host Olly Murs that she would make an appearance.
"It's a massive bonus for this year's series," a source told the Sunday Mirror. "You don't get bigger then Beyoncé right now and Kelly is super excited about it.
"They also think she'll perform on the show later in the year. They're both so busy and hardly see each other these days so they jumped at the chance to work together."
Meanwhile, Adele is said to have been replaced by Sinitta as Louis Walsh's X Factor helper at the last minute. Simon Cowell apparently felt he needed to "kiss and make up" with the 'So Macho' star after refusing to give her a role on The X Factor USA.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s103/the-x-factor/news/a337511/x-factor-bosses-secure-beyonce-for-judges-houses.html

Quote    Reply   

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#53 [url]

Aug 28 11 5:37 PM

Migrate90 wrote:

Seems like Mariah will be in good company. Beyonce confirmed to be doing the X-Factor too...

----

'X Factor' bosses 'secure Beyoncé for Judges' Houses'

Celebrity Birthdays: Beyonce Knowles

X Factor bosses have reportedly secured Beyoncé to be a mentor during the Judges' Houses stage of the competition.
The singer will act as a sidekick to new judge and fellow Destiny's Child star Kelly Rowland. The pair will film the episodes in Miami in two weeks time.
Producers are said to be "thrilled" to have Beyoncé help out on The X Factor. The news follows predictions from Xtra Factor host Olly Murs that she would make an appearance.
"It's a massive bonus for this year's series," a source told the Sunday Mirror. "You don't get bigger then Beyoncé right now and Kelly is super excited about it.
"They also think she'll perform on the show later in the year. They're both so busy and hardly see each other these days so they jumped at the chance to work together."
Meanwhile, Adele is said to have been replaced by Sinitta as Louis Walsh's X Factor helper at the last minute. Simon Cowell apparently felt he needed to "kiss and make up" with the 'So Macho' star after refusing to give her a role on The X Factor USA.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s103/the-x-factor/news/a337511/x-factor-bosses-secure-beyonce-for-judges-houses.html

This is for the UK X Factor not the USA one. Kelly is a judge in the UK.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   

breakbreakdown

#54 [url]

Aug 28 11 6:25 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
breakbreakdown wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:

I disagree. Firstly, I wish "cheap" looked like this video. To me, definition of cheap is Mariah's Auld Lang Syne. Secondly, all of the Beyoncé's shots are amazingly beautiful!

So because Beyonce looks beautiful, the video isn't cheap looking/low budget? You'll have to try harder than that. Beyonce could crawl out of a toilet bowel and look stunning.

Lets now got for the low blow either - Mariahs video was so low brow, it wasn't even industry standard.

See, "cheap" and "low budget" aren't necessarily synonymous. From your point of view, videos like Sweet Dreams, Broken Hearted Girl looked cheap as well. And you may have a point of view, because they didn't have a lot of production. IMO, those videos are nice to watch, nothing amazing, but they don't look cheap. 1+1 isn't ont the level of Single Ladies in terms of great low budget videos, but it's definitely a nice "not looking cheap" video.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#55 [url]

Aug 28 11 6:55 PM

breakbreakdown wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
breakbreakdown wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:

See, "cheap" and "low budget" aren't necessarily synonymous. From your point of view, videos like Sweet Dreams, Broken Hearted Girl looked cheap as well. And you may have a point of view, because they didn't have a lot of production. IMO, those videos are nice to watch, nothing amazing, but they don't look cheap. 1+1 isn't ont the level of Single Ladies in terms of great low budget videos, but it's definitely a nice "not looking cheap" video.

Your first mistake is assuming for me - I love Sweet Dreams and think its a great video, with strong visuals and clever post production. In fact, how the hell you think Sweet Dreams looks cheap is beyond me with all the CG effects used. 1+1 does not have anything in the same league, it looks unimaginative, artistically restricted and shows its budgetary limitations. The shots aren't great, the visuals aren't strong and even Beyonce isn't lit all that well. Its a rushed vid on a small budget.

As I said, if they did a one shot video that was a bit more audacious, it would have been more artistic and daring.

Quote    Reply   

#56 [url]

Aug 28 11 7:37 PM

I don't necessarily think that the video looks cheap or bad, but there are simply way too many different and unrelated effects that just makes it look messy and badly conceptualized. I love the beginning shots of the sparkles on her face and the changing light, they should've played up that imagery instead of doing 20 different things.

Quote    Reply   

#57 [url]

Aug 28 11 7:42 PM

Mariahcareyfan123456 wrote:

Her inspiration for the 1+1 video!! This is really artistic. Why didn't she use the slinky? Too sexual? lol
Every time I am impressed with something Beyonce does and want to praise her for it, it always turns out she was "inspired" by something or someone else. Does she and her team have any original ideas?!

smiley: sick

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help