Remove this ad

SISQO MC

#7661 [url]

Jun 10 13 6:51 PM

Remove this ad

#7662 [url]

Jun 10 13 7:12 PM

MCinGR wrote:
In other words that's what happens to whoever messes with the one and only MC!

that's soo true. anyone that has messed with Mariah in any way usually gets theres in the end one way or another. haha

vinjer

#7663 [url]

Jun 11 13 9:52 AM

hanshintigers wrote:
MCinGR wrote:
In other words that's what happens to whoever messes with the one and only MC!

that's soo true. anyone that has messed with Mariah in any way usually gets theres in the end one way or another. haha
Radio should be VERY afraid then!

Colson

#7664 [url]

Jun 13 13 12:43 PM

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/reality-rocks/nigel-lythgoe-reveals-american-idol-biggest-mistake-194425316.html

Nigel Lythgoe Reveals “American Idol’s” Biggest Mistake

Yahoo!'s "omg! Insider" caught up with Nigel Lythgoe at the Critics' Choice Television Awards Monday night, only two days after Nigel confirmed via Twitter that he'd been "fired" as the longtime executive producer of "American Idol." And when Nigel was asked what "Idol's" biggest mistake was, his answer was pretty interesting.

"The biggest mistake, that we've all gone along with, is trying to make the program younger. It isn't that program," Nigel revealed. "It's a real family show…and if you just go for the daughter, you lose the mum. And if you lose Mom, then you lose Dad. If you don't go for a family entertainment show, you're going to lose out. And I think that's what happened."

What's so interesting about Nigel's comment is the fact that the hiring of controversial judge Nicki Minaj was clearly a move by Fox to bring in a younger demographic and an edgier vibe. Was Nigel hinting that hiring Nicki was a mistake? He steadfastly defended her throughout Season 12.

On the flipside, "Idol" was actually criticized throughout Nigel's run for not trying hard enough to skew younger, by not clearing newer songs or having more modern theme nights. Perhaps Nigel's apparent resistance to giving "Idol" a youthful makeover had something to do with his dismissal.

Nigel did make it clear that "Idol" is still a success, however. "The thing is, we always are and always have been judged against ourselves, not the rest of the programs that are on television," he said (still using the word "we" out of habit, even though he is no longer with the show). "And so when you're getting 30 to 35 million viewers and it gets knocked down to 15, 16 million viewers, they say, 'Wow, they've lost 50 percent of their audience.' But it's still 5 to 6 million more than anybody else out there."

#7665 [url]

Jun 13 13 1:03 PM

That video is take 3 of her Idol performance taping and she sounds so great compared to the second take which was what initially leaked. I think this was the take that was used in her aired performance.

I love how she sounded on My All and the way she belted out so clearly "the living in" part and how she hit "with the strength to carry on" in Hero.

#7667 [url]

Jun 13 13 1:19 PM

Colson wrote:
http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/reality-rocks/nigel-lythgoe-reveals-american-idol-biggest-mistake-194425316.html

Nigel Lythgoe Reveals “American Idol’s” Biggest Mistake

Yahoo!'s "omg! Insider" caught up with Nigel Lythgoe at the Critics' Choice Television Awards Monday night, only two days after Nigel confirmed via Twitter that he'd been "fired" as the longtime executive producer of "American Idol." And when Nigel was asked what "Idol's" biggest mistake was, his answer was pretty interesting.

"The biggest mistake, that we've all gone along with, is trying to make the program younger. It isn't that program," Nigel revealed. "It's a real family show…and if you just go for the daughter, you lose the mum. And if you lose Mom, then you lose Dad. If you don't go for a family entertainment show, you're going to lose out. And I think that's what happened."

What's so interesting about Nigel's comment is the fact that the hiring of controversial judge Nicki Minaj was clearly a move by Fox to bring in a younger demographic and an edgier vibe. Was Nigel hinting that hiring Nicki was a mistake? He steadfastly defended her throughout Season 12.

On the flipside, "Idol" was actually criticized throughout Nigel's run for not trying hard enough to skew younger, by not clearing newer songs or having more modern theme nights. Perhaps Nigel's apparent resistance to giving "Idol" a youthful makeover had something to do with his dismissal.

Nigel did make it clear that "Idol" is still a success, however. "The thing is, we always are and always have been judged against ourselves, not the rest of the programs that are on television," he said (still using the word "we" out of habit, even though he is no longer with the show). "And so when you're getting 30 to 35 million viewers and it gets knocked down to 15, 16 million viewers, they say, 'Wow, they've lost 50 percent of their audience.' But it's still 5 to 6 million more than anybody else out there."
Backtracking already, isn't that nice?!  Everyone with a brain but you already knew that, you Moron. smiley: eyes

Remove this ad

#7668 [url]

Jun 13 13 1:23 PM

@Jasp, It really is.

That video proves that while the Idol performance was dubbed it, it wasn't as heavily dubbed as it seemed on the aired version.

I think what happened with this performance on Idol and on GMA has just been shitty luck for her cause she has been in great vocal shape but due to whatever choices she made (the medley on Idol and then on GMA with singing #B live in rehearsal which was great and then not singing parts of it live when the show was live) and the production mess ups on both shows, she was done a disservice and she didn't do herself justice either by not being able to completely show off how great she is really sounding these days.

So I hope at the Macy's show or BET or where ever her next major performance will be that she performs a song that really is able to showcase how great she sounding. #B won't be that song, even if she sings it live but I hope she will be able to show case her vocals on her next single.

#7669 [url]

Jun 13 13 1:46 PM

This video contains another part of 1st of take which we haven't heard but it only has Vision of Love and Make It Happen. The take starts at just before the 6.00 mark:

#7670 [url]

Jun 13 13 3:34 PM

mimifan09 wrote:
This video contains another part of 1st of take which we haven't heard but it only has Vision of Love and Make It Happen. The take starts at just before the 6.00 mark: 
I love how Mariah's voice can make the girl at 6:19 do what she did

allmylife

#7671 [url]

Jun 13 13 8:31 PM

LaDiDa wrote:
mimifan09 wrote:
I love how Mariah's voice can make the girl at 6:19 do what she did

I love this take of MIH WOW!!! Sang it gurl.

Everybody want's some M in their Life

Kevon

Administrator

#7673 [url]

Mar 19 15 5:56 AM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
RnB Junkie wrote:
Mariah saying she loved Rihanna's "Stay" last night >_
Is there some rivalry with Rihanna I don't know about? I know some lambs are threatened by Rihanna possibly breaking Mariah's record for #1s, but I don't think Mariah has ever really discussed Rihanna has she? And Rihanna has expressed love for Mariah, so Mariah saying she loves "Stay" is cool.

No there's no rivalry, she's been photographed with her before and if you look at seanjon's signature he has a quote from Mariah about Rihanna in his signature.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help