Remove this ad

kittykow105

#7641 [url]

Jun 8 13 1:29 PM

Robin Thicke dissed his being on the "Duets" show talking about how horrible and fake those shows are. He's worked with Nicki in the past and I could have sworn he's praised Mariah in the past. I thought he said that bc he was happy they were free from the show. Even if not, Nicki and Mariah were terrible on the show so I can't get mad at him for saying that lol.

Remove this ad

MamaKaiyan

#7642 [url]

Jun 8 13 4:33 PM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
MCPH wrote:
BeyondIdolization wrote:

Are you slow? He clearly dissed both Nicki and Mariah and went on to say "they should get someone like Alicia Keys; she's a musician, she's a singer, she's a beautiful person - people like THAT would be great for the show."
The only arrogant dick in this story is you.

He was responding to the news that MC & NM are NOT coming back, so of course he would name SOMEONE ELSE.

So what if he thinks that Alicia is a better musician than Mariah? If that really makes you feel so bitter than you seriously need to get a life.

tumblr_mnxhfempQW1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

I need to steal this for a few people.

No more homework. No more papers. No more tests.
I am officially done with school.
And, I have officially received my PhD.
Rima. Got. It. Together. And. Made
. It. Through. The Rain.
Now, need a job.
haha

vinjer

#7644 [url]

Jun 8 13 6:27 PM

MCPH wrote:
^ Why is he a dick? Not everybody has to be a fan of Mariah... eyes.gif

He didn't say anything disrespectful about her and I actually like his honesty (also about him being on duets only for the money)...

Yeah, he only said -Thank God they are leaving and added that A..Keys would be great as a judge because  they need s.o talented and Keys, according  to him ' is a musician, a singer , beautiful etc..
but thank God Mariah is leaving ....cause...she's not those things...which is nothing disrespectful, of c.Right!
For someone who "could care less " he had quite a bit more than " less"to say.

Last Edited By: vinjer Jun 8 13 6:43 PM. Edited 2 times.

#7645 [url]

Jun 8 13 8:21 PM

vinjer wrote:
MCPH wrote:

He didn't say anything disrespectful about her and I actually like his honesty (also about him being on duets only for the money)...

Yeah, he only said -Thank God they are leaving and added that A..Keys would be great as a judge because  they need s.o talented and Keys, according  to him ' is a musician, a singer , beautiful etc..
but thank God Mariah is leaving ....cause...she's not those things...which is nothing disrespectful, of c.Right!
Edited 2 times and you're still not making any sense.
mimiclapping.gif

vinjer

#7646 [url]

Jun 8 13 9:10 PM

MCPH wrote:
vinjer wrote:
MCPH wrote:

mimiclapping.gif

U had several replies telling you the very  same, count them or go get a class in seeing the obvious.

#7647 [url]

Jun 8 13 11:20 PM

vinjer wrote:
MCPH wrote:
vinjer wrote:

mimiclapping.gif

U had several replies telling you the very  same, count them or go get a class in seeing the obvious.

I was referring to your overuse of ',..,  -.c.Right,"" and not to the subject. It's "o..b,v I.,""ous" that some like to think he was shading Mariah and some don't.
Time to build a bridge my friend. 

vinjer

#7648 [url]

Jun 8 13 11:28 PM

MCPH wrote:
vinjer wrote:
MCPH wrote:
mimiclapping.gif

I was referring to your overuse of ',..,  -.c.Right,"" and not to the subject. It's "o..b,v I.,""ous" that some like to think he was shading Mariah and some don't.
Time to build a bridge my friend. 

Whether one will use the Br spelling of obvi"ous" is their choice, really,
I'm always for building a bridge.Even though the water is troubled.
I really hate how she's being attacked and disrespected regarding her voice lately and it's also somewhat weird having in mind she's had  performances in the past that could have easily caused such comments while now she's actually quite better.

Stamos

#7650 [url]

Jun 9 13 5:15 AM

Johnny Roberts wrote:
Dang everybody is grouchy today. Go have a cocktail.   smiley: laugh

smiley: rollsmiley: rollsmiley: roll

~~MCinGR  for the nostalgia ~~

Remove this ad

SISQO MC

#7651 [url]

Jun 9 13 3:59 PM

It’s Official: ‘Idol’ Producers Nigel Lythgoe and Ken Warwick Have Been Eliminated

Apparently there are a couple more job openings over at "American Idol."

Following the "resignations" of Fox reality chief Mike Darnell and judges Randy Jackson, Mariah Carey, and Nicki Minaj, now longtime "Idol" producers Nigel Lythgoe and Ken Warwick are exiting the show.

"Just had 10 days in the Bahamas, rain everyday. I get back to the States and get fired. Sad!...I'll smile again," Nigel posted on Twitter Saturday morning.

Nigel also tweeted a quote from Taoist philosopher Lao Tzu ("The best of leaders when the job is done, when the task is accomplished, people will say we have done it ourselves"), and retweeted a comment from Season 10 finalist Jacob Lusk that dubbed him "one the best things that's ever happened to TV."

A statement from Fox later confirmed earlier reports that Nigel's co-producer, Ken Warwick, is also leaving the show, although of course the word "fired" was never used. "The passion and dedication that Nigel Lythgoe and Ken Warwick brought to 'American Idol' guided the show to become a true cultural phenomenon. While we are saddened they will no longer be executive producers on the show, we are grateful for their tremendous contributions and look forward to continuing to work with them on additional projects," the statement read.

Ken and Nigel — especially Nigel, with his tendency to mouth off to the press, buddy up to TMZ, and call out "morons" on Twitter — have been controversial figures in the "Idol" world. (Remember that icky, uncomfortable time when they confronted and disqualified Jermaine Jones on-air? Not cool.) However, their departures truly signify the end of an "American Idol" era. They have both been with the show since its very first season (save for Nigel's hiatus during Seasons 8 and 9), and they also worked together on "Pop Idol," the original British series that launched the entire international "Idol" franchise way back in 2001. For better or worse, these two men played a major role in shaping a showbiz phenomenon that has lasted more than a decade.

Clearly "American Idol" had a lot of problems this past season. But were those problems all Ken and Nigel's fault, or are they just the fall guys here? Nigel went on record recently saying it wasn't his decision to hire judges Mariah, Nicki, and Keith Urban, although he admitted that those judges' lack of chemistry caused the show to suffer.

But was it Nigel and/or Ken's decision to hype up Mariah and Nicki's feud, or to let that damning catfight footage get into TMZ's hands? Was it their decision to load the semifinals with unexciting male contestants (and no guitar-wielding male contestants) to ensure a female victory, even if that alienated the show's core audience? Was it their decision to pimp Lazaro Arbos's backstory, at the expense of more talented singers? My guess is many of these decisions were not entirely their own. But, we may never know for sure.

However, it is widely believed that Ken and Nigel were responsible for fuddy-duddy theme nights (Motown, the Great American Songbook, Burt Bacharach) that did little to attract the all-important 18-to-34 demographic, so maybe with them out of the picture, "Idol" can now finally get the youthful makeover it desperately needs to stay relevant and compete with shows like "The Voice."

I admit I'm going to miss nasty Nigel just a little bit, but he's not exactly going away. "Don't worry I'm on #SYTYCD. FOX still loves me. It's not a personal thing they just feel 'Idol' needs new leadership after 12 Seasons," Nigel also tweeted, clarifying that he is still a producer (as well as a judge) on another 19 Entertainment-affiliated Fox talent show, "So You Think You Can Dance." That series, which premiered its 10th season last month, has dealt with its own rating struggles, but at least it has steered clear of the sort of drama that plagued, and practically ruined, "Idol" this year.

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/reality-rocks/official-idol-producers-nigel-lythgoe-ken-warwick-eliminated-193659643.html

I know we've known these rumors for awhile now but BYYYYEEEEEEE BIIITCCHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Good riddance!!!  Don't let the door hit you on the way out!!!

mcfan

#Beautiful

#7652 [url]

Jun 9 13 4:41 PM

SISQO MC wrote:
Don't let the door hit you on the way out where the good Lord split you.. right up yo ass!!
tumblr_metxgfGIrv1rdutw3o1_500.gif

vinjer

#7654 [url]

Jun 9 13 6:17 PM

Mmmm, I am almost happier  and more pleased to see that old acid queen leave than the Trinidad circus act.
They should just call up the Original Clown and share a tent.
I don't know how he kept Mariah in such  low spirits for quite some time but I bet she is laughing with that hoarse, mean laughter now while auntie Nigel is tweeting about rain and smilessmiley: laugh

MamaKaiyan

#7655 [url]

Jun 9 13 7:53 PM

Mariah was never coming back, even if they wanted her to, imho.  But, Nigel wanted to come back, so him being fired is even sweeter. Karma is a %@!+$. He knows he did Mariah wrong on several occasions, so I rejoice in his firing. He can hook up with his beloved Nicki and do some side project together.

. It. Through. The Rain.
Now, need a job.
haha

#7657 [url]

Jun 9 13 11:10 PM

In the profound word of one Ms. Monroe Cannon---Hallelujah!

Nigel Lythgoe's a$$ should have been fired before any of the judges, but this will do.

MamaKaiyan

#7658 [url]

Jun 10 13 1:02 AM

vision90 wrote:
In the profound word of one Ms. Monroe Cannon---Hallelujah!

Nigel Lythgoe's a$$ should have been fired before any of the judges, but this will do.

profound indeed.

. It. Through. The Rain.
Now, need a job.
haha

hottiecasanova

"You think that's sexy? With the Rocket Pop's outside you?"

#7659 [url]

Jun 10 13 3:17 PM

American Idol went out of the country to find its next executive producer.
Per Blankens, who was in charge of the Swedish version of Idol, will now replace Nigel Lythgoe for the show’s 13th season that kicks off in January. Blankens was also head of programming for Meter Television, one of Scandinavia’s production companies that made overseas versions of Idol, Master Chef and The Biggest Loser. Blankens served as the producer of Idol in Sweden from 2007-2011.

“Per is a creative and experienced executive who has been the show runner on the blockbuster Swedish Idol for more than 5 seasons,” said Trish Kinane, Idol’s executive producer for FremantleMedia North America, in a statement. “He is extremely passionate about Idol and I’m very excited about his ideas and vision for keeping Idol creatively vibrant. He brings the talent and energy needed to keep American Idol strong.”
Fox confirmed that Lythgoe and Warwick were history after the former producer tweeted over the weekend that he was fired. Lythgoe released this statement today: “It has been a tremendous honor to launch and build American Idol over the course of a decade and to see it recognized with 51 nominations and 6 Emmy Awards including the Academy’s highest honor, the Governors Award. To be a part of the spin-off program, Idol Gives Back, was incredible. As well as raising nearly $200 million for various charities it was a personal life-changing experience for me. It also provided me with the opportunity to produce and direct a magical sequence with Celine Dion together with Elvis Presley. This continues to be one of the highlights of my entire career.
“Over the years, I believe we have changed the face of American television forever and eventually created a true global phenomenon. It has been inspiring to find and launch the careers of artists ranging from Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Phillip Phillips and many more, spanning all musical styles and genres. I am truly saddened to be leaving a great team of friends and colleagues. However, at the end of the day, the most important thing is to maintain this incredible platform for America’s young talent. This will only happen with the success of the program. If the executives that are now in charge of American Idol believe that the ratings will improve with my departure, I have no complaints. It has been a great ride and I’ve loved every moment of it. After dedicating over 12 years to Idol, I look forward to continuing work on my beloved So You Think You Can Dance, which is going strong in its 10th season.”

Stamos

#7660 [url]

Jun 10 13 4:41 PM

In other words that's what happens to whoever messes with the one and only MC!

~~MCinGR  for the nostalgia ~~

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help